TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part VII -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This Arya/Sansa plot is so ridiculous.

Can Arya think for two seconds about who Sansa was at the time and her potential for being manipulated? Does she not understand the difference between Sansa at 13 and Lyanna Mormont at 13?

Like, great, you think you are so clever. Maybe use that supposed cleverness to determine the truth instead of make Sansa scared to death of you because you are a homicidal maniac.

Not that I love all the Arya/Sansa plot, because it's been the weakest part of the season, but she's clearly testing Sansa's loyalty by playing the game of faces with her to learn the real truth.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Can Arya think for two seconds about who Sansa was at the time and her potential for being manipulated? Does she not understand the difference between Sansa at 13 and Lyanna Mormont at 13?

Like, great, you think you are so clever. Maybe use that supposed cleverness to determine the truth instead of make Sansa scared to death of you because you are a homicidal maniac.

I like the theory that she's playing LF, otherwise this is annoying.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not that I love all the Arya/Sansa plot, because it's been the weakest part of the season, but she's clearly testing Sansa's loyalty by playing the game of faces with her to learn the real truth.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that were true. Her anger about the letter just feels too jarring.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

She's a revenge bot and has been for some time.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that were true. Her anger about the letter just feels too jarring.

I read her giving the dagger to Sansa and turning her back to her as the "I believe and trust you" moment.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm still rewatching for the first time in HD and man. Dragons torching wights like that will always give this episode rewatchability

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
The extra time really allowed for a classic Thrones episode with some dialogue filling in some blanks.
  • I remain of the view Arya is playing LF. She *literally* played the game of knowing truth from lies - and told her as much - with Sansa. It's ludicrous to think she wouldn't believe Sansa when she told her she wrote the letter, under duress, to save Ned.

Yes, I hope that is where it is going as well. This would also explain why Arya didn't tell Sansa where she got the letter from.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I think I would of liked it better if Dany decided to go to the wall shortly after Jon departed for it, and while she was there Gendry stumbled in with the message.

Isnt that better?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
If it doesn't end up where Arya has been playing Littlefinger then that entire plot is stupid. Sansa and Arya have been through a lot of **** the last 6+ seasons, and if they both get played by Littlefinger by turning back into *****y sisters, what the hell is the point?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Man the shot of Jon angrily staring down the Night King with Drogon screaming in the background.

At the very least this episode was excellent eye candy.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Hard to play the game of faces when the other person refuses to play.

Not to mention her entire demeanor comes off as if she thinks Sansa is guilty from the start. She is just terrible at figuring out the truth if she is really looking to determine Sansa's loyalty.

Though my GF did make a good observation that the letter from Kings Landing may be a fake from Arya to see if Sansa would willingly leave the North. But without a seal from the capitol I wonder how she would be able to make a forgery.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Agreed which this whole season has been emphasizing. I just don't get why she would now be inclined to believe a letter 2 days later.

She's not going to believe because of the letter but the fact that Jon and Jorah are in trouble.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If it doesn't end up where Arya has been playing Littlefinger then that entire plot is stupid. Sansa and Arya have been through a lot of **** the last 6+ seasons, and if they both get played by Littlefinger by turning back into *****y sisters, what the hell is the point?

Well Littlefinger hasn't really had much of an impact in a long long time. Maybe he needs a win.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So I have to say I actually thought the scene with Daenerys and Jon at the end was fantastic. Daenerys pledged herself to help Jon fight the army of the dead without conditions, and Jon swore fealty to her. Daenerys' reaction to Jon calling her "my queen" was perhaps the most humble and vulnerable we have ever seen her, and her response of "I hope I deserve it" was great. Here is probably the most honorable and selfless person she has ever met, and he is telling her that he trusts and will follow her. She's not sure she even deserves that level of trust from someone like Jon, who she clearly thinks is better than her, but she's incredibly touched by it. Add to that the fact that both of them clearly love the other and the subtle hints towards a marriage alliance, and it was a great scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad