GDT: | Game #LXX | Pens vs Avs | 1300hrs EST | Battle of Cole Harbour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This team has a weird habit of making too many passes when they desperately need a shot, while at the same time taking too many low percentage shots when maybe holding onto the puck an extra second to make a play makes sense.
They kept passing it to the point when they had open lanes. It shows just how bad the staff plans for these and how teams know how to counteract the Pens and their style. Pens f***ed themselves with their lineup decisions too. How do you royally f*** up the line up that badly.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think this loss falls pretty heavily on L2 and L3. L2 because they played like shit all game and L3 because they couldn't score with the numerous chances they had. It doesn't matter if Kapanen and Rodrigues get a bunch of chances if they flub them.

Malkin was heinously bad.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
How did we lose? We fought back and tied the game and got a wack board ounce against us.
There's gonna be some dire takes in the PGT I'm sure but to me it's pretty heartening to play a good game against this team.

Yeah there's huge problems that need to change like Malkin's line configuration (and Malkin's play in general) but there's stuff to build off here. It was a good effort.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
The puck management and passing choices by our top players is extremely concerning.
Maybe.. Hextall and Burke want to see what they need knowing they need some changes to fix this teams struggle against really good teams and they did it on purpose..

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I think this loss falls pretty heavily on L2 and L3. L2 because they played like shit all game and L3 because they couldn't score with the numerous chances they had. It doesn't matter if Kapanen and Rodrigues get a bunch of chances if they flub them.

Malkin was heinously bad.

I would a lot on Sully.

Carter and Malkin dont work and he mad no changes.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad