GDT: GAME LXVII: Avs @ Canucks: 10PM (MT)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
My prediction for tonight.

Canucks stomp the Avs. Like I’m talking a 3-4 goal victory. In doing so Canucks fans will go on for weeks talking about how they hope they matchup with the Avs in the playoffs and how the Avs suck despite them playing tonight’s game without Rantanen, Grubauer, Kadri, Burakovsky, Makar, Zadorov and Calvert.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Canucks stomp the Avs. Like I’m talking a 3-4 goal victory. In doing so Canucks fans will go on for weeks talking about how they hope they matchup with the Avs in the playoffs and how the Avs suck despite them playing tonight’s game without Rantanen, Grubauer, Kadri, Burakovsky, Makar, Zadorov and Calvert.

I could see it. It’s been ages since the Avs have taken a beating.

If there was ever a time a team could lay a whooping on them, it would be with this lineup.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

And the Z stans will tote out the Avs record with him out the lineup.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Wilson too.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Not getting mad at you at all, just somehow trying to get my message across to Bednar through you

All good, boss. I know Zadorov is a fan favourite for many, so it’s tough.

You should’ve seen me when Bednar put Rantanen on the 3rd/4th line for a couple games. I was ready to take a plane to Denver to throw hands with Bednar lol

Reactions: the_fan

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
9 shifts and a -3 isn’t great. He was terrible

Unfortunately, he hasn’t been very good for a while.

As Makar and Girard took off, he went in the other direction.

Hopefully this wakes him up, because if he plays the way he’s capable of playing, he could be a valuable bottom pair defender in the playoffs.

Low, low key, I’m interested to see how Conautton plays. He’s got plenty of NHL experience and is having a strong year in the AHL.

Reactions: AvsFan29

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I was thinking about this the other day when the Ducks were taking run after run at the Avs, where's the 'take a five minute major for a borderline hit' Ian Cole? Not that I want him to put the Avs at a disadvantage or hurt anyone but nothing? No big questionable hits? No sticking out the knee? No repeated cross checks to a player who gets near his goalie?

All of the focus is on Zadorov's lack of aggression and physical play and rightfully so but I hope Cole can discover some of that before the playoffs as well. You can get away with a lot more so there will be less chance of penalties too.
I've noticed this as well. Zadorov, Cole, Johnson, Graves. All of them seem much less physical.

I don't know if it's a coaching tactic or what, but the defensemen aren't really scaring forwards these days.

Reactions: Avs_19

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Im very curious to know if zads is being coached to focus less on physicality and more on other aspects, or if he just isnt feeling as confident with his jaw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad