GDT: GAME LXVII: Avs @ Canucks: 10PM (MT)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Also damn.... Z scratched in favor of Connauton is a surprise.

Not that Z doesn't deserve the scratching, he most certainly does. But that's a mighty strong message being sent.

Really makes you wish we had traded for a depth Defender now though... So we wouldn't have to be using a freaking Connauton/Lindholm guy to send these messages and could use an actual NHL level Dman.

In before Rosen talk! :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
giphy.gif

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
That’s a strong message and totally warranted. He can be a lot better. He was fantastic in the playoffs and there’s no reason he can’t bring that effort into his game right now

Was he fantastic in the playoffs though?

I dunno, I still have that image of him being danced around like he was traffic cone in game seven against the Sharks.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I still don't get it. We know that Bedz doesn't like Z, we know that Z hasn't been giving it his all, so why didn't you deal him at the deadline for some help? We are injured AF! And with the way this season has gone, I doubt the injuries are gonna just suddenly stop.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Was he fantastic in the playoffs though?

I dunno, I still have that image of him being danced around like he was traffic cone in game seven against the Sharks.
He was playing effectively. Not taking stupid penalties. I thought he was our 2nd best Dman

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Also damn.... Z scratched in favor of Connauton is a surprise.

Not that Z doesn't deserve the scratching, he most certainly does. But that's a mighty strong message being sent.

Really makes you wish we had traded for a depth Defender now though... So we wouldn't have to be using a freaking Connauton/Lindholm guy to send these messages and could use an actual NHL level Dman.

Now?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I have no issue with Connauton getting in for Zadorov.

Z has been pretty bad for a couple months now and the Barbs/Z pairing cost the Avs the game against the Ducks.

Bednar had to do something.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Zadorov is better than a bottom pairing defenseman. However he has no business earning more than bottom pairing minutes minutes on our back end when everyone is healthy.

To top it off he thrives when paired with a puck mover and Cole certainly isn’t that.

Essentially Zadorov is one of our worst defenseman while also being put in a position to fail with his partner which makes him even worse again. This isn’t new and it’s the reason why we all know the writing is on the wall.

I personally liked the Zadorov-Girard pairing and would love to see that used sporadically once he comes back but there’s no way he’s earning that role full time for Bednar over EJ

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I am a Z fan and think at his best he should be a 4th D that plays with someone mobile like Girard, I think with Makar, Byram, Timmins, coming into the lineup it would make perfect sense and he'd thrive in that position, I just don't seem staying with the Avs long enough to see it. Even as a big Z fan I also agree that he has played horrible and hasn't even been remotely the physical threat that he can be.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I can imagine quite a few Z stans who will be very upset at this.

But he's played like shit for the last little while, so it's not necessarily unwarranted.

I still love Z (the guy and the personality) but as a player, this benching is completely well-deserved. I would love to be a fly on the wall during discussions between Bednar and Z. I'd really like to know what Bedsy is telling him to do. I almost feel like the head-games have taken a toll on Z but regardless....he deserves to be sat. Hell, he deserves to go get some tough love with Cronin and see if he can some magic on him the way he did Graves and is doing with Timmins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad