GDT: Game IX: Avs at Blues | 6 PM MT | October 21, 2019

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That was the Bura I’ve watched so much. What a horrible game from him.

Oh well, not a big deal. Blues are a really good team and it was always gonna be hard at the end of this brutal road trip. We’ve started the year as good as anyone could’ve asked for, now we just gotta hope Mikkos injury isn’t too bad and keep on truckin.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Team gets to go home a few days to reset and then back on it. These games happen.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I can forgive the loss considering the circumstance however I have to rant about the Avs captain. Landeskog has been absolutely horrible to start the year. He ended last year playing terribly as well against the Sharks.

If I was management I'd think long and hard about the kind of contract I'd offer this guy when he's up for one.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I can forgive the loss considering the circumstance however I have to rant about the Avs captain. Landeskog has been absolutely horrible to start the year. He ended last year playing terribly as well against the Sharks.

If I was management I'd think long and hard about the kind of contract I'd offer this guy when he's up for one.
As power forwards go hes starting to reach his expiry date. If we do sign him I rather it be a shorter term

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

Landy has been awful so far, he will get it together at some point. That being said, I expect him to be overpaid and not worth his extension sooner than later.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
He won't be worth his next contract for sure but I also think he's fine. He's still young and isn't slow. He has a rough start but nothing to worry about imo.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This is exactly why Avs need to finish the season ahead of the Blues because if they face them in the playoffs, they gonna need the home ice advantage. A series like that will probably go to game 7, and Avs will need to be at home to win it because St.louis is a tough building for the Avs

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I fell asleep and missed the game, what happened to Mikko?
His skate caught and he tweaked something. It looked to me like a tweak that looks simple when it happens but ended up to be something major.

Either way I agree with JML, though, he would have some back if it was something minor.

I’ll take a sprained knee and be happy.

Last edited:

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
The Avs Achilles heel is three games in four nights on the road and the inevitability that it’s not possible to play 82 good games.

fry_squinting.gif

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Seems like a good one to have missed. Can't win em all.

Road to 80-1-1

I am concerned about Mikko though. Any update?

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I fell asleep and missed the game, what happened to Mikko?

Best case scenario is grade one sprained ankle.

From Google:
It usually takes 5 to 14 days to recover from a grade one ankle sprain. This is when slight stretching and damage occurs to the ligaments. With a grade one sprain, there is slight instability, pain, swelling, joint stiffness and trouble walking. Grade two sprains can take 4 to 6 weeks to heal.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad