Post-Game Talk: | Game # IIX | Pens loss | The one were we lost to a bunch of "who?'s"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
And the breakout, and the powerplay.

PP will fix itself when Jake comes back. I do not know what will fix the breakout. That's just a team wide problem at this point and the blame rests on everybody.

I am and have been one of Sullivan's backers but if he can't figure that out then the Pens made a huge mistake bringing him back. That has to be better. It's just killing them right now. There's no flow to their game whatsoever.

The Pens made a big mistake bringing him back regardless just like the Carter signing.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Lotta idiots in here.

Biggest issues right now are the PK which Rakell and Rust have nothing to do with, the top pairing which is largely because of Sullivan forcing Dumo with Letang and the top nine’s commitment to defense.

PK needs to play ultra aggressive. I dunno what to do about the top pairing, pray we can get Fowler/Chychrun?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think our PK may be 32nd now.

McGinn is a huge disappointment in that regard.

PK needs to play ultra aggressive. I dunno what to do about the top pairing, pray we can get Fowler/Chychrun?

We probably would be better off playing Rutta or Pettersson 20+ minutes and dropping Dumo to those minutes.

Clear bias there. He sucks.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Going to lose to the Kracken tomorrow too…in fact, I don’t see many more wins in our future if we play like this…smart move tanking for Bedard and then assuring a few more years of top draft picks by signing all the 30+ players for six year terms and Sullivan for 5 years…good job FSG!

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I did say when the season started that we will have a mediocre record after this road stretch and everyone will be doom and gloom and then we'll get to the cushier part of our schedule with a lot more home games and the ship will right itself.

I still believe that's how things will trend. From October-November we have way more on the road than at home, and even our home games are pretty tough. Don't be surprised if we go into December battling for a spot.

But things might look up after that as we have a ton of home games in December.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
So much overpaid garbage on this team, it's suffocating.

Bryan Rust and Rickard Rakell for 6 years.
jim-carrey-throw-up.gif
Raks was excellent, Rusty uh, not so much

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I fully expected us to shit the bed so I legit lol’ed when I read just now that we lost.

Same ol’ shit.

Now watch the Canucks flip the switch and win like 7 in a row or something. :laugh:

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I did say when the season started that we will have a mediocre record after this road stretch and everyone will be doom and gloom and then we'll get to the cushier part of our schedule with a lot more home games and the ship will right itself.

I still believe that's how things will trend. From October-November we have way more on the road than at home, and even our home games are pretty tough. Don't be surprised if we go into December battling for a spot.

But things might look up after that as we have a ton of home games in December.
I think what I don't like most is the lack of compete. Injuries used to galvanize this team. Bottom 6 players stepped up.
Now they deflate them, which is unlike a Sullivan team.
Still early though.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I think what I don't like most is the lack of compete. Injuries used to galvanize this team. Bottom 6 players stepped up.
Now they deflate them, which is unlike a Sullivan team.
Still early though.
I thought there was compete tonight. This team still seems to flip a switch sometimes and put their foot on the throat of the other team. The Canucks were very much getting shelled until that third goal.

The problem is where is that the rest of the time? Yeah we can't expect 60 minute efforts all the time but have we even had one yet this season? Maybe the Tampa game? Even the Arizona game we took our foot off the pedal at times.

Worse still we're digging holes early right now. If they want to take their foot off the pedal the least they could do is get a lead first and then see if they can coast it out. Coming out flat all the time is killing them.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I thought there was compete tonight. This team still seems to flip a switch sometimes and put their foot on the throat of the other team. The Canucks were very much getting shelled until that third goal.

The problem is where is that the rest of the time? Yeah we can't expect 60 minute efforts all the time but have we even had one yet this season? Maybe the Tampa game? Even the Arizona game we took our foot off the pedal at times.

Worse still we're digging holes early right now. If they want to take their foot off the pedal the least they could do is get a lead first and then see if they can coast it out. Coming out flat all the time is killing them.
Haven't had one, no. Yeah 60 minutes maybe not, but right now it's been closer to 20-30 in most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany