Post-Game Talk: | Game # IIX | Pens loss | The one were we lost to a bunch of "who?'s"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
AHL goalie and defense, still lost. At some point our top players have to show up and act like top players.

giphy.gif

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Honestly, since that first period in Edmonton, team looks like they just completely shut down.

I lost count tonight of the flubbed passes, sloppy turnovers, guys falling over or making basic misplays. They suddenly look like they’ve never played together as a unit, after steamrolling Columbus a week ago.

Just completely abysmal. I know a couple of guys are out, but it just doesn’t explain it at all. I didn’t expect 6 goals a game until the end of time, but we were clicking, and now suddenly just look lost.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I hate to harp on Crosby but my god that was one of his worst games I’ve ever seen. Zero effort. Absolute black hole in the offensive zone.

Rakell had showed heart. Poulin improved on his first game. Rust is looking very average.

I’m ready to join the Letang needs to get off the first pp unit crowd soon. He’s not getting pucks though. He looks off our best weapon constantly and when he does pass it to Malkin it’s four feet out of his wheelhouse.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Rough stretch.

Some encouraging signs with Sullivan dropping Dumo for POJ a couple shifts. I thought we couldn’t lose Dumo this year, but honestly at Scuderi levels right now.

Rakell is proving his contract. Rust too tbh if you look at the raw production. PK needs a total overhaul and yet we won’t see it. Same thing with the Powerplay.

Can’t wait to hear a bunch of interviews about how we need to play a full 60.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
I can not express how embarrassing this f***ing bunch of losers are.

The era is over and it's going to be years before they're are good again. If they were gonna be this shitty, they should have f***ing ended it this summer and sent Geno and Tang f***ing packing. They clearly have no interest in compeating again.

f***ing pathetic losers.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Country club still exists. Maybe a 5-1 loss to a bottom feeder without 80% of their best players can be a wake up call. Who am I kidding, the try hard Pens will just dominate A few periods next game and that'll suffice. Who cares if they score more goals than the opponent.

Reactions: farscape1

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
It’s October but this is the first time in the last several years where I’ve had the “it’s not a sure thing they make the playoffs” feeling. Everyone else in the Metro has improved. There’s too many players — Carter, Dumo, McGinn, etc — who I look at and think ‘this isn’t getting any better this season.’ Sucks all around.

Reactions: farscape1

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
We are so out-of-sync... defense stops skating, forwards still fumbling pucks... yikes.
Our breakout is horrible. Our defense can't move the puck, and the rare time they succeed, our forwards immediately turn it over.

Hextall's moves do not look like a win to me right now.

Yes. Yes. Yes... Puck has been a grenade for us...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I hate to harp on Crosby but my god that was one of his worst games I’ve ever seen. Zero effort. Absolute black hole in the offensive zone.

Rakell had showed heart. Poulin improved on his first game. Rust is looking very average.

I’m ready to join the Letang needs to get off the first pp unit crowd soon. He’s not getting pucks though. He looks off our best weapon constantly and when he does pass it to Malkin it’s four feet out of his wheelhouse.

The more you see Sid without Jake you have to wonder who is driving that bus these days.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We're not just losing these games, we're getting obliterated! And we've lost three in a row, Errey made a very good point good teams generally don't lose three games in a row. And we got trounced! Particularly the first two of this road trip. I know we have injuries but the Canucks aren't healthy either. This is what happens when the team ages out and you don't make any meaningful changes to the group.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I think we may have a decent chance at the kid in the next draft. I’m ok with that though.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
I mean, it’s simply not true. Teams have really rough periods. Especially with the parity in the league right now.
They've been bad their first 6 games. Played better against the canes, played even better against the Kraken. They played OK tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad