GDT: Game 9: Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens 2/1/21 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Him leaving last game was the REAL bummer over everything else

absolutely happy he's back
I'm sure he was butt hurt over having to leave last game, so we should see a jump in his step tonight

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-2-1_13-5-8.png

Reactions: HockeyJunkie87

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Or. They win and go after him one of the other 8 or 9 games remaining? You pick your spots.

We aren't living in the 70's and 80's anymore.
And I think every fan and the team care about winning. Anyway, Its up to the league to prevent this from reoccurring. Its on them and the refs in this case if they make that crap acceptable.
I think the game was over when they didn't make Dube pay immediately.

Reactions: calder candidate

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Canucks are playing rather well since their 3 losses to the Habs. I am expecting a very tight game and would not be surprised if Habs lose another one.

Overall, I am quite scared by this week's opponents.. Sens are gonna be super charged to play vs the Habs, and I would not be surprised if they are the "2021 Red Wings pain in the butt" for them.
Yikes. You must be living on pills if scared of bad teams like Ott and even Van. Could drop a point or 2 tops. Teams can beat Ott 3 straight games without even playing well. Easy week. Perfect time for some roster tweaking to keep everyone sharp.

Reactions: Redux91

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Vancouver just won their last 4 games although 3 of them were against Ottawa.
We owned them the last time around but I expect them to be a lot tougher tonight.
Lots of confidence right now offensively with at least 4 goals in their last 4 games

Habs were shaky last game.
KK's hit, the lost of Anderson, bounces and calls not going our way, PP couldn't produce...everything went wrong.
Let's hope it was a bad game and not the start of a bad streak.

I really don't get why Mete is in tonight other to show him off.....Frolik isn't playing either and could use some action
Habs really need those 2 points in order to stay close from the 1st place in our division so I hate the move.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Anyone know how to get Habs games in SW Ontario without buying NHL centre ice. I have Rogers, including all of the Sportsnet channels and I am sick of missing out on so many games. Tonights game is on SNP, which I get but will be blacked out. Instead I've gotta watch Boston and Washington if I want to watch an NHL game. It's horsehit....two Canadian teams playing and Im forced to watch the Bruins....I bet they have more games broadcast in SW ontario then the Habs.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Anyone know how to get Habs games in SW Ontario without buying NHL centre ice. I have Rogers, including all of the Sportsnet channels and I am sick of missing out on so many games. Tonights game is on SNP, which I get but will be blacked out. Instead I've gotta watch Boston and Washington if I want to watch an NHL game. It's horsehit....two Canadian teams playing and Im forced to watch the Bruins....I bet they have more games broadcast in SW ontario then the Habs.
But the again watching Bos-Wsh might be more interesting to someone "wanting to watch an NHL game" than a Mtl-Van if you are a hockey fan. Want to see just the Habs against whoever then its different but i never understood that frankly. Dont understand the blackout rules too btw especially in a no-attendance season.
And you get another Mtl-Van tomorrow. 5th meeting in 10 games.

Reactions: waitin425

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Im really mad nobody asked Chiarot why he didn't drop the gloves when he said "Well it looked like a clear headshot"
I was surprised as well at the reaction (lack of) of the players. When Armia got hit, Evans and Lehkonen jumped in without thinking twice and both are much smaller than Weber and Chiarot and facing a bigger guy as well. I'm wondering what's the consensus about KK in the locker room about now. His attitude obviously changed since his first season and seems to complain more. The most obvious example was his unsportsman like conduct penalty. I'm not saying it excuses the timid reaction of the team, just that I'm wondering if the general opinion of the player has changed over the last couple of season. I don't have the right words, and I'm kind of having trouble explaining what I'm trying to say, but to me, the team reacted in the way I would have expected NYR players to respond if it was Deangelo who had been hit like that. You're supposed to protect your young up and coming players; I haven't seen the followup as KK returned to the bench, but it seemed to me as if no one really cared (not saying this as fact of course, just a sloppyish hypothesis).

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
But the again watching Bos-Wsh might be more interesting to someone "wanting to watch an NHL game" than a Mtl-Van if you are a hockey fan. Want to see just the Habs against whoever then its different but i never understood that frankly. Dont understand the blackout rules too btw especially in a no-attendance season.
And you get another Mtl-Van tomorrow. 5th meeting in 10 games.

The only explanation for the blackout is that they want to milk more money from us. Otherwise they would allow us to watch the SNP games and still show the Bos-Wash game on the other SN channels

Reactions: MSSLYNX

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The only explanation for the blackout is that they want to milk more money from us. Otherwise they would allow us to watch the SNP games and still show the Bos-Wash game on the other SN channels
Speaking of blackouts... i think i need to change my VPN server for tonight :)

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I love how the NHL packages are full price, and there are blackouts lol. Someone remind the boneheads at the sports networks why blackouts exist? No wonder people are not paying and just buying IPTV packages, what a bunch of tards. Price the NHL package at 100$, no blackouts, it isn't worth it to look for another source for the feed. 179 plus taxes, no rebate after last year's shortened season, get bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad