GDT: Game 9: Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens 2/1/21 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Seems kind of odd to me to be honest. I thought Kulak was playing good , steady hockey for the most part since the beginning of the season. Last game, not many looked good.

Which Makes me wonder... Are they showcasing Mete? OR, did they have a sit down and come to terms, and agree to rotate them?
One things for sure, thats a young, inexperienced pairing, it makes me question how reliable they will be defensively. Hopefully they surprise me.

I think it’s just the lineup change that’s easiest to make after being shutout. You’re not going to sit Danault for Poehling, or Tatar for Frolik.

And Mete has played 170 NHL games. While he’s technically young, he’s certainly not inexperienced.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Seems kind of odd to me to be honest. I thought Kulak was playing good , steady hockey for the most part since the beginning of the season. Last game, not many looked good.

Which Makes me wonder... Are they showcasing Mete? OR, did they have a sit down and come to terms, and agree to rotate them?
One things for sure, thats a young, inexperienced pairing, it makes me question how reliable they will be defensively. Hopefully they surprise me.
I guess they are the two that will rotate, even though I would rather Ed out for Mete (especially with how Ed is dragging Petry down). Even more confusing considering Kulak has been our 2nd/3rd best d-man since the start of the season.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I guess they are the two that will rotate, even though I would rather Ed out for Mete (especially with how Ed is dragging Petry down). Even more confusing considering Kulak has been our 2nd/3rd best d-man since the start of the season.

Edmundson out for Mete makes the most sense..

Give Weber someone who can skate (Mete, Kulak or Romanov)

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

It was a tougher game for him Saturday and it's an opportunity to test what Mete can do. It's not like if Kulak had a big role on the team... I'm sure Mete can make the job him to

Reactions: montreal

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Maybe it is to showcase him to other 30 GMs hungry to get their hands on generational talent like Victor Mete.
What a sad state, where an agent can whine, and then get his way......Mete should not be in the lineup until there is an injury. Not that Kulak is anything special, but what ind of a message does this send to other agents?

Reactions: Tyson

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Now Danno is going to whine to the media and totally expect his contract resolved... AND be given his #1 C minutes again.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Julien usually doesn't make roster moves unless the team loses.

This was the first regulation loss, so it's entirely possible that any potential trade demands were only a coincidental factor.

I don't think any dman deserved to be sitting out though. Nobody has played their way out of the lineup, but I suppose they want to get Mete some playing time because chances are that he will be needed at some point, as 7th dmen usually are.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I am having a hard time getting past that lame ass response to the Kotkaniemi him

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Loved what I've been seeing from the team this season (we haven't had that since I became a fan in 2009), but the lack of emotion when your guys get hit in the head... IDK... not as excited for the next few game. Killed my hockey mood.
It was a 1-0 game and no penalty call. If someone had jumped him and taken a penalty at that point, it would've been dumb. You can't do stuff like that in that situation. Save it for next game.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It was a 1-0 game and no penalty call. If someone had jumped him and taken a penalty at that point, it would've been dumb. You can't do stuff like that in that situation. Save it for next game.
Someone DID take a penalty. It was Weber and it was for a useless glove in the face instead of actually decking the guy. So that's even worse.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Agreed. The criticism on Weber and Chiarot is legit but not to the level some are going at. If you overreact, it could end up going badly and Dube could of gotten hurt. Their reaction was weak yes. But the NHL is more at fault now and it's left unresolved.

If I was Weber and Chiarot, I would personally apologized to Kotkaniemi in front of the dressing room for their lack of urgency to defend him on a head shot hit. Kotkaniemi has to feel wanted and you better bet he knows his name was out there for Dubois.

Jul 6, 2016
Canucks are playing rather well since their 3 losses to the Habs. I am expecting a very tight game and would not be surprised if Habs lose another one.

Overall, I am quite scared by this week's opponents.. Sens are gonna be super charged to play vs the Habs, and I would not be surprised if they are the "2021 Red Wings pain in the butt" for them.

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad