GDT: Game 9: Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens 2/1/21 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Agreed. The criticism on Weber and Chiarot is legit but not to the level some are going at. If you overreact, it could end up going badly and Dube could of gotten hurt. Their reaction was weak yes. But the NHL is more at fault now and it's left unresolved.

If I was Weber and Chiarot, I would personally apologized to Kotkaniemi in front of the dressing room for their lack of urgency to defend him on a head shot hit. Kotkaniemi has to feel wanted and you better bet he knows his name was out there for Dubois.

What's the point ?

Jul 6, 2016
Julien has no idea how to match lines. It’s something I become more and more concerned with. Hoping we’re on the road shouldn’t be a thing.

You might be right. The team is better on opponent's ice when they don't have the last change. Last year record was a good indication. They were better on the road than at the Bell.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What's the point ?

The point is they should not leave him hang to dry like that. Remember, that hit comes right after those Dubois trade rumors where KK's name was all over it. Now he gets hammered from a blind side hit and our players are meh to defend him in the moment? If you were him, you would noticed all these things.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Agreed. The criticism on Weber and Chiarot is legit but not to the level some are going at. If you overreact, it could end up going badly and Dube could of gotten hurt. Their reaction was weak yes. But the NHL is more at fault now and it's left unresolved.

So it's ok if Dube hurts our player but not ok for Dube to get hurt? That is kinda the point some here would like to see... you hurt out player deliberately you get hurt back. The ultimate responsibility is with what looks like a completely useless department of discipline, or whatever the hell they are called.

And I thought Weber DID end up with a penalty...a useless penalty for face-washing Dube.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Jul 6, 2016
The point is they should not leave him hang to dry like that. Remember, that hit comes right after those Dubois trade rumors where KK's name was all over it. Now he gets hammered from a blind side hit and our players are meh to defend him in the moment? If you were him, you would noticed all these things.

There is no relation between the two at all.... Only in your mind. And this KK to Columbus is just a rumour, pure speculation.

Reactions: Runner77

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Totally agree... if you talk sh!t like "we are all for one" or wahever other lame hockey cliche you wanna us, then back it up. The non-action was a huge statement by Weber and not a good one. Not captain worthy.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So it's ok if Dube hurts our player but not ok for Dube to get hurt? That is kinda the point some here would like to see... you hurt out player deliberately you get hurt back. The ultimate responsibility is with what looks like a completely useless department of discipline, or whatever the hell they are called.

And I thought Weber DID end up with a penalty...a useless penalty for face-washing Dube.

The whole situation is wrong. The way the players reacted and the lack of investigation with the NHL on a nasty head shot.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Totally agree... if you talk sh!t like "we are all for one" or wahever other lame hockey cliche you wanna us, then back it up. The non-action was a huge statement by Weber and not a good one. Not captain worthy.

I'm sure Weber and Chiarot have regrets. It was almost like shock mode and things were in slow motion. It's just not a cool situation in more ways than one

Reactions: Redux91

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Someone DID take a penalty. It was Weber and it was for a useless glove in the face instead of actually decking the guy. So that's even worse.
He probably didn't even expect that to be called. Normally something that minor from Weber wouldn't be called. way those bozos were reffing, I'm sure they would've ended up getting worse had someone jumped the guy.
I just totally disagree with everyone coming down on them for not pounding on the guy. If it was a 4-0 game, then yes. Not a 1-0 game.

Reactions: Redux91

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Canucks are playing rather well since their 3 losses to the Habs. I am expecting a very tight game and would not be surprised if Habs lose another one.

Overall, I am quite scared by this week's opponents.. Sens are gonna be super charged to play vs the Habs, and I would not be surprised if they are the "2021 Red Wings pain in the butt" for them.
Canucks beat a terrible Ottawa team 3 times and Winnipeg. So 1 good team. Canadiens need to get on them early. And if Canadiens lose to Ottawa it will be time to panic. Ottawa couldn't beat an Edmonton team with a zamboni driver in net.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
He probably didn't even expect that to be called. Normally something that minor from Weber wouldn't be called. way those bozos were reffing, I'm sure they would've ended up getting worse had someone jumped the guy.
I just totally disagree with everyone coming down on them for not pounding on the guy. If it was a 4-0 game, then yes. Not a 1-0 game.
Who cares if they lose the game? It is more important that they beat Dube to a pulp and show that there will be retribution otherwise half the team will be hurt by the 20 game mark.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There is no relation between the two at all.... Only in your mind. And this KK to Columbus is just a rumour, pure speculation.

100% BS! The lack of relation is you are not walking in KK's shoes and you fail to see it from his perception. He's not a whiner like Mete but that don't mean he is not thinking about things in his head.

So you think KK was oblivious to his name being in the Dubois trade offers and rumors and this was nothing for him? That's funny and false! Players can say this don't matter to them all they want. It's false and they will never really admit it to the public

Jul 6, 2016
Don't know about that. They admitted in the past Kulaks' consistency is a result of his confidence or lack of thereof. I'm not sure benching the guy after one bad game is the right move here.

They cannot keep Mete off the line up forever. Tonight it is Kulak. Next game, could be Romanov.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Don't know about that. They admitted in the past Kulaks' consistency is a result of his confidence or lack of thereof. I'm not sure benching the guy after one bad game is the right move here.

I mean that’s his problem if his confidence is shot. Why would you pander to a #6 defenceman? There needs to be a change after being shutout.

Jul 6, 2016
100% BS! The lack of relation is you are not walking in KK's shoes and you fail to see it from his perception. He's not a whiner like Mete but that don't mean he is not thinking about things in his head.

So you think KK was oblivious to his name being in the Dubois trade offers and rumors and this was nothing for him? That's funny and false! Players can say this don't matter to them all they want. It's false and they will never really admit it to the public

I don't see the relation between being hit in the head and being a "so-called" player in a trade that never happened could trouble the guy.... Almost every single NHL player are part of speculations and trade rumours at ssome point of their carreer.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I mean that’s his problem if his confidence is shot. Why would you pander to a #6 defenceman? There needs to be a change after being shutout.
Oh, I wouldn't pander to him, but I'd imagine it's hard to play well when there's literally zero margin for error.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site

If I was Weber and Chiarot, I would personally apologized to Kotkaniemi in front of the dressing room for their lack of urgency to defend him on a head shot hit. Kotkaniemi has to feel wanted and you better bet he knows his name was out there for Dubois.
Itll happen next game, when it should. You don't cost your team points by seeking revenge. A 4 goal lead, then yes. Not a 1-0 game. It was smart to not go nuts. I grew up in the days where that stuff was commonplace. Its not the same anymore. That's why I don't blame them. Wasn't it Edmunson who dropped the gloves early with someone the following game? That was the smart way to do it.

Reactions: 1909

Jul 6, 2016
Oh, I wouldn't pander to him, but I'd imagine it's hard to play well when there's literally zero margin for error.

Kulak is no Bobby Orr. He is indeed a bottom pairing player who is already 27 y.o. He should expect that.

And Mete could be in the line up just to showcase him to other teams. That is why, I would had prefer Habs to protect Juulsen and trade Mete at the start of the season.

Reactions: Vachon23

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Who cares if they lose the game? It is more important that they beat Dube to a pulp and show that there will be retribution otherwise half the team will be hurt by the 20 game mark.
Or. They win and go after him one of the other 8 or 9 games remaining? You pick your spots.

We aren't living in the 70's and 80's anymore.
And I think every fan and the team care about winning. Anyway, Its up to the league to prevent this from reoccurring. Its on them and the refs in this case if they make that crap acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia