Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Penalty Killing Me Softly | Blackhawks vs. Kings | 10/30/16 6:00 CT (CSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Honestly I haven't read anything else in this thread... just saw HF50's novel.

My point stands though. If anyone is complaining, I don't really see how it would be warranted after this game.

The Hawks PP was not great. Lots of room to improve there.

Rosi is an 8th dman and looks like it but even with his struggles he is plugging a hole for the team right now.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Testing 1 ... 2 ... testing 1 ... 2 ... Is the internet working? You'd think something's happening in Chicago tonight.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
good game overall. Not taking idiotic PIMS so that our PK could stink it up. The PP was not good tonight but the encouraging think was the team D.

I am terrified that Q now thinks that Rozy can play every game the rest of the season cause he played a few in a row and looked pretty good doing so....REST him now Q, play him with Kempney 1 of every 4-5 games if you must but don't think he can play at that level every game or even every other game, etc

Why the hell is Hinostroza not in Rockford? He is not a n NHLer at this point and he may never be....call up someone else....Baun, Kero, Mcniel, Abbot, Lundberg.

good to see Campbell improving, Crow has seemed to find his groove...

Kitchen feels safe again....

Go Cubs Go as my four year old says....

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\

good game overall. Not taking idiotic PIMS so that our PK could stink it up. The PP was not good tonight but the encouraging think was the team D. - Agreed

I am terrified that Q now thinks that Rozy can play every game the rest of the season cause he played a few in a row and looked pretty good doing so....REST him now Q, play him with Kempney 1 of every 4-5 games if you must but don't think he can play at that level every game or even every other game, etc - Rozy wasn't that good. He was okay, in Q-speak.

Why the hell is Hinostroza not in Rockford? He is not a n NHLer at this point and he may never be....call up someone else....Baun, Kero, Mcniel, Abbot, Lundberg. - I thought Hino had a pretty good game, but won't surprised if he is sent down this week. I disagree that he doesn't have NHL potential.

good to see Campbell improving, Crow has seemed to find his groove... - Soupy has been solid. What do you mean improving? CC looking confident in the few good chances against him. That's the team defense I like to see.

Kitchen feels safe again.... - He shouldn't, but you are probably right.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Nice win. Anytime a shut out at home, that's a great thing.

Liked seeing 19 get off the schnide. Could have had two goals with the ENG.

Liked seeing one PP goal. That said, after the first, the PP was abysmal. Seabs was particularly bad.

Kane had one of his 'I'm disinterested' games like we see a few times every year.

Hino is not an NHL player. Let's see what someone else can do. Anyone. The 4th line isn't a checking line. It's basically nothing. It's a 'get on the ice and give the other guys 45 seconds of rest and try not to screw anything up' line. This team is playing with 3 lines.

Panik continues to impress.

Nice to see 15 racking up points. At this point, I believe he has more points than face off wins. Wonder if that stays all season?

Glad the team in front didn't lose Crow a SO at the end of the game.

On to the next one.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I haven't been following intently this week with kids' hockey games and the Cubs, but did LA play the night before? Was this a back to back?

That LA team just looked blah. No jump and I don't recall hear names of a lot of guys.

Was Jeff Carter even on the ice last night?

Stu Cazzo

Oct 7, 2016
I haven't been following intently this week with kids' hockey games and the Cubs, but did LA play the night before? Was this a back to back?

That LA team just looked blah. No jump and I don't recall hear names of a lot of guys.

Was Jeff Carter even on the ice last night?

They played in St. Louis and lost 1-0 - same goalie.

I thought they looked bad against the Blues too....

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
They played in St. Louis and lost 1-0 - same goalie.

I thought they looked bad against the Blues too....

Shut out twice in a row? Who do they think they are, the Cubs? :)

Seriously though back to back shutouts. I'm sure the 14 fans in LA who follow the Kings are amped up.

But seriously, was Jeff Carter on the ice?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Good game from the Hawks. Probably their most complete game to date so far.

JT got on the board, so that's a plus. Should help to get him off his schnide.
AA continues his hot play.
Crow gets a much-deserved SO. He's been good so far this season.

All in all a good win. Carry that same play into the game against Calgary tomorrow. :yo:

Last edited:

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Watched the game yesterday. Always curious about the Hawks. Panarin looked the same without Kane. Kane did not look the same without Panarin. What does it do to your ability to re-sign 72?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Watched the game yesterday. Always curious about the Hawks. Panarin looked the same without Kane. Kane did not look the same without Panarin. What does it do to your ability to re-sign 72?

You must of missed Panarin's first couple of games when he was on the Toews line.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I'd say 72 is likely remaining a Hawk after this season. And Kane is fine. He'll be fine without Panarin. He was on an Art Ross and Hart pace the year before that without Panarin. No one should ever worry about Kane producing, no matter who his linemates are. They've been a mashed together bunch of nobodies and has-beens for most his career, and he still produces.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

Kane's fine. All indications are Panarin wants to stay in Chicago but we'll need at least $6mn+ to sign him. It will be difficult, but expect the Hawks to figure out a way. The Hawks wouldn't give away Teravainen and Shaw if they weren't interested in re signing Panarin. Hopefully, the expansion draft helps the Hawks somewhat.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
You must of missed Panarin's first couple of games when he was on the Toews line.
Maybe it's Towes that's the problem... But no, I saw the first couple of games and Panarin was terrible. There is an interview with him posted here, talks about what was going on in the beginning of the year. So I do not look at those games as indicative of anything. In fact, I give him props for getting his head together and playing well now.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Nice win. Anytime a shut out at home, that's a great thing.

Liked seeing 19 get off the schnide. Could have had two goals with the ENG.

Liked seeing one PP goal. That said, after the first, the PP was abysmal. Seabs was particularly bad.

Kane had one of his 'I'm disinterested' games like we see a few times every year.

Hino is not an NHL player. Let's see what someone else can do. Anyone. The 4th line isn't a checking line. It's basically nothing. It's a 'get on the ice and give the other guys 45 seconds of rest and try not to screw anything up' line. This team is playing with 3 lines.

Panik continues to impress.

Nice to see 15 racking up points. At this point, I believe he has more points than face off wins. Wonder if that stays all season?

Glad the team in front didn't lose Crow a SO at the end of the game.

On to the next one.

HIno has 'Q's boy' status coming out of camp. He's not going anywhere. He might get scratched, but he's not getting sent down.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Motte when not taking dumb penalties is an effective young player

Hartman on other hand has struggled since coming back from injury

Hawks need more from Hartman given the investment made in him (1st round pick). Same goes with Schmaltz

At least Schmaltz has been noticeable in creating some chances recently. Hartman on other hand has been MIA since returning from injury

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Motte when not taking dumb penalties is an effective young player

Hartman on other hand has struggled since coming back from injury

Hawks need more from Hartman given the investment made in him (1st round pick). Same goes with Schmaltz

At least Schmaltz has been noticeable in creating some chances recently. Hartman on other hand has been MIA since returning from injury

Hartman had a good game in Hades. He was an effective grinder against New Jersey. For the responsibility given, I don't hear a lot of people complain about Hartman's play. If you expect him to be a top 6 forward, he's definitely not that ... at least at this stage of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad