Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Penalty Killing Me Softly | Blackhawks vs. Kings | 10/30/16 6:00 CT (CSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
HIno has 'Q's boy' status coming out of camp. He's not going anywhere. He might get scratched, but he's not getting sent down.

There is nothing about Hino that makes him "Q's boy". Q liked him in the pre-season, for good reason, he was decent. He has been not so good since, and has been scratched, which doesn't make him Q's boy at all.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
The Hawks PP was not great. Lots of room to improve there.

Rosi is an 8th dman and looks like it but even with his struggles he is plugging a hole for the team right now.

I really have come to admire Rosi. He plays his heart out for his team and really now - for years- plays the best he can every night. A few years back he was at times darn good and very useful to the Hawks. His skills, with age, have deteriorated, sure... but he is a Hawk through and through and we should cheer for big time. He has heart and gives his all. He is, of course, nearing retirement... yet still, in spots, comes through nicely and contributes.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
I had guests last night and could not see much of the game. I am curious... how did Motte play (and with what line-mates generally). And, how did Kempny look?

Thanks in advance to anyone who fills me in.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I had guests last night and could not see much of the game. I am curious... how did Motte play (and with what line-mates generally). And, how did Kempny look?

Thanks in advance to anyone who fills me in.

Motte looked good. Played primarily with Kruger in Scmaltz. HD one rush where he carried the puck through the neutral zone, turnstyled Doughty and his partner in the ozone for a scoring chance.

Kempny was kind of hard to judge cause he was anchored to Roszival. Lots of extra time stuck in his own zone thanks to Rozy's failed clears and bad outlet passing. But I don't remember any particularly bad plays....

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I really have come to admire Rosi. He plays his heart out for his team and really now - for years- plays the best he can every night. A few years back he was at times darn good and very useful to the Hawks. His skills, with age, have deteriorated, sure... but he is a Hawk through and through and we should cheer for big time. He has heart and gives his all. He is, of course, nearing retirement... yet still, in spots, comes through nicely and contributes.

I'll stand up and cheer for him when he retires, certainly.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Both Kempny and Roszival were fairly decent last game. Pretty solid 3rd pair overall in this young season. With Roszival getting lots of rest when we get healthy, keeping him a little fresher, there is zero issue with our D depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad