GDT: Game 9: Columbus vs. Detroit | 2/2 7PM EST

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Wings fan here, great game tonight by your Jackets. Definitely kept Detroit on their heels and put the clamps on an offense that a lot of us Wings fans hoped could sustain momentum after the St Louis game. And AA is the truth- I loved watching him and Dubi during their Rangers days, and root for them to do well now. Great set of hands on display for both goals- his first one reminded me of Mario Lemieux from a tough angle :)

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Missed the game, but just watch some highlights on NHL.com-those were some great plays we did for the goals, wow. :yo:

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Took the kids to this one. Great game to attend. The first 10 minutes were piss poor, but after that we played great. Boll can't hit anyone without a bs penalty being called. Letestu needs to dress every night, and Johnson is just a horse, Anisimov was of course awesome. Mason gets rewarded with a win, he's played 100 straight real solid minutes of hockey. I don't know who I'd start Tuesday in net, I still think Bob is the man, but hey let the boys fight it out :)

Lets play a few more like this.

Last edited:

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Saw Wiz leaving the lockerroom after the game. He was walking on his own, but looked like he was walking away from a car crash. It made my wife so sad to see him like that.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Wear the alternate unis more. They look awesome and we tend to play awesome when we wear them. Go Jackets.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I seriously hope his wife or someone was there to drive him home.

No kidding. I fell down half a flight of stairs a few years back. I was only stiff and sore, not the level of injury he potentially sustained, and driving sucked for a few days. I'm sure the team would get him home if he didn't have anyone there tonight.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
It is early, but beginning to look like the Nash trade could very well balance big in favor of the CBJ.

Obviously its way too early, but...

AA is outscoring Nash. I think we haven't seen how good he can be yet.
Dubinsky has been a beast on the PK. His warrior spirit was on the ice tonight.
Erixon, I'm not sure if he's NHL ready quite yet. He'll get more time to prove himself with all the injuries in the D Corps right now.
And we've yet to see what the 1st overall pick from NY gives.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
Dubinsky has been a beast on the PK. His warrior spirit was on the ice tonight.

Seen him block a shot on the PK, he was grimacing in pain, but finished his shift. Yes, I agree. Looks like JT in NY taught these boys how to play the game.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Tastes good doesn't it? I'm of the belief that when the Wings lose, things are right in the universe. Better than sex really. "No, I won't be needing that pity sex later dear. The Wings lost."

Remember, Red Wing fan tears are rare and thus precious. Lap them up reading their GDT and find the answer to the question, "How much for tears gypsy?".

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Seen him block a shot on the PK, he was grimacing in pain, but finished his shift. Yes, I agree. Looks like JT in NY taught these boys how to play the game.
Didn't just finish his shift, but went to block another shot immediately afterward.

Dubi is WARRIOR.

* * *​
Tastes good doesn't it? I'm of the belief that when the Wings lose, things are right in the universe. Better than sex really. "No, I won't be needing that pity sex later dear. The Wings lost."

Remember, Red Wing fan tears are rare and thus precious. Lap them up reading their GDT and find the answer to the question, "How much for tears gypsy?".

This is, of course, one of the few things nearly all Central Division hockey fans can agree on. :nod:

And yes, we love their tears. They taste like yummy candy.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Remember when LA fans said JJ was a one dimensional offensive defenseman who was lost defensively? Still waiting for that to happen But I am loving the JJ.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
My prediction - seats beside us are occupied by 4 20-somethings who claim to have been Redwings fans all of their lives. All decked out in Redwings gear. Turns out they are from Westerville. Bonus prediction - At least 2 are wearing OSU hats.

Hey now, I'm from Westerville. Was a 'Canes fan before there was a CBJ. Rooting for the wings is like rooting for the Yankees (well, more respectable to root for the Wings, but only a little).

go Wildcats!

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I completely agree with this. You can sometimes make up for skill with extra heart/try. But we have too much of a skill/try differential to overcome. The only person I suspect may surprise us is Anisimov. I think he may have a wealth of talent we haven't seen yet.

Didn't get to see the game and only making my way through comments now but I know what happened so I'll call this... prescient! :yo:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
it's like listening to two old men rant for an hour

grumpy-muppets.jpg

Nationwide Arena. Discount double-check is State Farm.

Skate hard, be smart AND decisive, play with a purpose. Last night was the team we hoped we were getting this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad