GDT: Game 9: Columbus vs. Detroit | 2/2 7PM EST

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Excellent game tonight, Rangers west scoring, blocking shots, playing great defense.

Goalie controversy brewing?

bizzz*

35 minutes of ice time for JMFJ is crazy. They lost Smith before Wiz got injured, but no one played more than 26 minutes for them.

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I think everybody played their role tonight and that's what got us the W. No one tried too hard to take things into their hands.

As for Mason, he looked HUGE in nets tonight and that's a great sign. I say we keep the hot hand rolling and let him at it again for the next one.

Hopefully Wiz is alright and JJ did an incredible job picking up the slack. Give some credit to the youngsters (Erixon, Savard...), really held their own!

If games are played at the same tempo they were tonight, as JD said, we'll be a very tough team to play against. A win on many levels in my mind.

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
the-belt.jpg

Madness. :laugh:

Wow that is pure gold! :D

New avatar picture right there.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Glad you guys are doing well, my second favorite team in the league. Always liked Artie. I met him (sort of) once. I actually talked to Fedotenko and he was with Artie, I didn't get a chance to talk to Artie though. The guy's huge, btw.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
2 suggestions...

To the Blue Jackets, please wear the 3rd jerseys as much as possible during the home-stand. You looked and acted as a different team tonight.

To Samkow, we need more Kia Soul hamsters to kick off the GDT's.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
How long are Nikitin and Aucoin expected to be out? If Wiz is concussed, then it's going to be an incredibly young defensive corps. Holden or Goloubef would be the next call-ups. (Goloubef has 7 points in his last 9 games.)

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Hey hey for a 60 minute game. Good goaltending better passing and less turnovers as the game went on. Anisimov with some nice hands. Boll took over for Dorsett in the stupid penalty department.

Detroit was gassed after the first, we need to catch more teams on the second half.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Just got back from the game. A few thoughts:

-Introducing your new CBJ captain, JMFJ. 35:00 of ice time, wow.
-Mase played a nice game. No shake your head goals allowed. I'd start him against Calgary on Tuesday.
-Moore played a very solid game. Going to be a fixture on the blueline for a long time.
-Arnisimov's first goal was right in front of me. Awesome.
-Umby can't buy one right now, but he had a good screen on the Wisniewski's goal.
-Savard played ok, buy not sold on him yet.

This is not a good team, but they're not as bad as some people (looking at you Scott Burnside) make them out to be. Thinking about 11th or 12th in the West.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Sigh of relief here. I bought a slew of the $10 tickets for tonight's game. I was able to get 26 tickets and invited friends and family, most of whom are not CBJ regulars or hockey fans at all. It was partly a ploy to do my "little part" in keeping the Redwing fans out of the barn, even if it was only 26 or so...

In the past, it has turned into a slaughter, but tonight was AWESOME. Great crowd, and the game shut the dbag Wing-nut fans in the crowd up. One was talking loudly on the way out about how its OK because CBJ won't be in the playoffs, but the Wings will, etc. I can't stand them. Or the Hawks fans. Or the Sabres.

It was great to share that game with the people I brought and to smile and shake my head at the mostly somber Wings fans.

Loving Artie, Dmac, Jack-of-course, and Tyuts. Letestu is underated. Dude is everywhere. I hope he gets a chance to really make a name with the CBJ. Even Brass got fiesty tonight. Scrapped it up with Datsyuk a bit, a much safer choice than Neal...

Joey is using the body more and more each game.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
It must be hard losing to the lowly jackets.

watching the San Jose/Nashville game, the San Jose announcers just read the DET/CBJ score. other guy says "wow" and then the guy reading the score "Detroit's really banged up"

How banged up were they when they went 3-0-1 in their last four and beating STL with a 5 pt night by Hank?

I don't like the CBJ inferiority complex, but I do hate when comments like that are made by clueless media folk.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Back from NWA. Best Blue Jackets game I've seen in a LONG time. If he plays like that, Steve Mason can start in our net anytime he wants. I love how they kept coming when they were up 3-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad