GDT: GAME 82 4/11 7:30 PM: BRUINS @ Tampa Bay - THE LAST HURRAH : NESN, NBCSN, SN1 , 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
It's a really weird feeling for me tonight. This season really soured me on a lot of the players/coaches/management, and I haven't felt less confident in the team since Julien came here (AINEC).

Penguins lose, Bruins win - seems extremely do-able, but the Sabres are just historically bad, so I can't fathom them winning, and that's even before getting to our sad-sack team. I don't feel nervous, just empty.

Yep. The rude awakening, or whatever you would call it, I've had on certain players and parts of this organization bothers me more than our poor record.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So if Pittsburgh gets just one point and we get two ,do we get in ?

Maybe. If we get 2 points in regulation or overtime, we both end up with 97 points and 38 ROW. The tiebreaker is 2 games of the 3 regular season games the Bs and Pens played. Specifically, it's the last game the Bs played at Consol, plus the last game the Pens played at TD Garden. In that case, Bs win 3 points to 2.

But if we get two points in the shootout, it's over. We lose because we both have 97 points, but the Pens have 38 ROW, and we have 37. So Tuukka will be hauling out the milk crates even BEFORE the shootout starts.

Hell, if I were the Bs and this happened, I'd just leave. Screw the shootout, in every way imaginable. (I'd say this even if we were 9-4 instead of 4-9.)

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Well, Stamkos is quoted as saying he'd love to knock us out of the playoffs, so there's no lack of motivation on that end (duh), no matter what Nolan's saying to the press.

Honestly, our game I'm not concerned about in the least. If the Bruins really, really, want it...they'll get it. And if not, if they can't beat a team that's playing for so much less...well...there ya go...

The Sabres beating a team in a similar situation is the stretch.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Lets see who steps up when it kind of matters.. though we said that the past 2 games and there has been very little life...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
When I went to the last home game I did not believe it would be the last....
I guess we will know soon.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Hate to say it but i have a feeling that by the time the Bruins hit the ice the Penguins will be up 3-0. As bad as the Peguins have been, they actually have come out strong in the past few games but unable to score.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
The Bruins kept themselves out of the playoffs.

Well sure, but 20-1-2 from Hammond and historical play, combined with a point total that gets you in any other year does make you take pause.

But obviously the B's could have and should have been better with this roster. No doubt.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Well sure, but 20-1-2 from Hammond and historical play, combined with a point total that gets you in any other year does make you take pause.

But obviously the B's could have and should have been better with this roster. No doubt.

No, blown point after blown point after blown point gives me pause. Lack of effort gives me pause. Mind-numbing coaching decisions gives me pause.

Take care of your own business, and don't look to others for help.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
No, blown point after blown point after blown point gives me pause. Lack of effort gives me pause. Mind-numbing coaching decisions gives me pause.

Well sure, but hockey is also a game of variance. The Sens got to play a Rangers team that sat 4 guys, we didn't get to face a caps team that did the same. Small things in the end can be the difference. But I'm not disagreeing with you, the team messed up a ton of stuff it did control.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Absolutely.

Regardless of what Ottawa was doing there was another spot for the taking, as it turns out.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think most people know I've been super optimistic all year. But of all the days people are so sad, I'm really not. If you look at how average this team has been in the last 10 games (or all year really), what were we going to do with the Rangers? I honestly don't think much.

Ottawa was the better team, they deserve this. In turn I do think we can do a lot with the #14 and #37, and I'm looking forward to better things next year. I fully expect missing the playoffs this year to be a strong motivation for a lot of people next year.

Maybe #13 and #37 because if we lose in regulation we tie the Kings and they win the tie break (or lose in this case since it means a lower pick).

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
If Buffalo beat Pittsburgh tonight, we should all change our pseuso for "Babar"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad