GDT: GAME 82 4/11 7:30 PM: BRUINS @ Tampa Bay - THE LAST HURRAH : NESN, NBCSN, SN1 , 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
If the Bruins are knocked out today, I'm gonna root hard for the Sens. They ****ing deserve it. Would love to see them go all the way.

The day after trade dead line I called it here in one of the forums that Ottawa might be the team that would climb back and make the po's and we have good proof that this Ottawa team seems like a team of destiny right now.
Obviously, if the B's do not make it I am fully cheering the Sens on and I truly hope they whip the snots out of the scabs if they do encounter.

Even if the Bruins grab the last spot tonight, I truly feel this team will have a quick exit and with all that is going on within the teams organization I cannot unfortunately expect anything great from Bruins team.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
*lights Madonna candle*
*chants* *prays*

Buffalo, you are the wind beneath my wings. Please, use the spirit of the almighty blobfish to stop the Pens. We need you.

*chants more*

Clodefish. You've given us a good ride. I believe in you. And I believe in this team to find that extra gear to pull us through. We need playoff hockey. Even if we look bad, we need it. Give us this day, lord and help our Buffalo friends to give us a gift, a debt to which we will repay at a later date. We need you. We love you. We appreciate you. Please win Buffalo. Please win.

And then my boys will come out like we've never seen before, determined to play for more. Believe. I do believe. I believe we will win!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Wishing you guys well this evening. Being a Habs fan I respect the Boston Bruins. Would be a shame not to see a Habs vs Bruins tilt in the playoffs...good luck boys

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Here's a quote from the habs board on which team they want to play in the first round.

"Boston is done. They are a soft and un-interested team. No point beating them. It would be like beating a 7 year old kid at the arcade and bragging about it after. Most of their fans already gave up anyway".

It made me laugh, but is somewhat true.:laugh:

My math is failing me.....

Is that 22 years and counting?

Or is it more than two decades since their last Cup?

Or is that a trick question?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
this is the worst 95 point team I have ever seen.

Pretty sure if the Bruins pick up a point tonight (or 2 and don't make it), it would be the first time a team with more than 95 points didn't make the playoffs (heard that somewhere, not sure where).

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Pretty sure if the Bruins pick up a point tonight (or 2 and don't make it), it would be the first time a team with more than 95 points didn't make the playoffs (heard that somewhere, not sure where).

No team in NHL history has ever missed the playoffs with 96 points

Only 2 teams in NHL history have missed the playoffs with 95 points

Edit: now 3 teams have missed with 95 points with the Kings win

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Im okay. Tough to be nervous when you need another team to lose.

I was into the Sens game today, so Im not indifferent, just a bummed out, resigned calmness.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Im okay. Tough to be nervous when you need another team to lose.

I was into the Sens game today, so Im not indifferent, just a bummed out, resigned calmness.

I'm in same category. It's like a Game 7 that may or may not win you something. If it turns out that Buffalo goes up 2-0 or something, maybe I'll get a little charge.

Only hope I have is that Pittsburgh seems about as equally ambivalent about a playoff spot as the B's.

Who'd have thunk it....... result pretty much hinges on which team wants it just a little bit less.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I don't really feel nervous. I'm sad we're in this situation, it was the situation I feared all season and my gut kept telling it was gonna happen. It sucks. I expect we will not make the playoffs tonight. I will always hope for a miracle but I don't expect that to happen.

I just don't want another punch in the gut to end the season. If Pitt wins their game I hope they do so dominantly so I can watch our game in peace. The idea we could be watching a shootout tonight and have that loss end our season is an actual nightmare. I guess that's what I'm most nervous about which is a terrible way to feel about your team in their final game of the season.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
I knew after the fourth loss to the Canadians on Feb 8, 2015 this team didn't have what it takes. Losing that game pretty much broke the teams back for the rest of the season. That was a character building game the team should have gotten up for and they failed miserably.

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Just go out valiantly. Even if we don't win, or make the playoffs, put in one last good effort.

I don't even care about the Buffalo game at this point (okay, that's a lie, but I'm not feeling it right now). If we lose out on a Pittsburgh win, so be it. If this is the last time we'll be seeing this team this year, and this coach behind the bench, and certain players in our colors, I want it to be a good memory. I want to be proud of them when I cheer.

So, once more unto the breach, friends, once more unto the breach. Even if it's meaningless.

Last edited:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Pens fan not coming in peace. Listen here, the Pens are going to get swept first round, we have no heart or identity with this new coach. No Letang and a hopeless core of defensemen. There is no point of the Pens to represent the last spot in the SCP. You guys at least have a decent core of guys when the cup was won. You guys have the upper hand vs Pens, wishing you guys a frickin' win in TB and the Pens just do the usual song and dance that I've endured for months tonight-choke.

That sounded pretty peaceful to me!

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I think most people know I've been super optimistic all year. But of all the days people are so sad, I'm really not. If you look at how average this team has been in the last 10 games (or all year really), what were we going to do with the Rangers? I honestly don't think much.

Ottawa was the better team, they deserve this. In turn I do think we can do a lot with the #14 and #37, and I'm looking forward to better things next year. I fully expect missing the playoffs this year to be a strong motivation for a lot of people next year.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
The problem I have with tonight is that I think the Bruins bring it and win. But I also see the Penguins winning by 4 goals. Just a little too late.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I don't really feel nervous. I'm sad we're in this situation, it was the situation I feared all season and my gut kept telling it was gonna happen. It sucks. I expect we will not make the playoffs tonight. I will always hope for a miracle but I don't expect that to happen.

I just don't want another punch in the gut to end the season. If Pitt wins their game I hope they do so dominantly so I can watch our game in peace. The idea we could be watching a shootout tonight and have that loss end our season is an actual nightmare. I guess that's what I'm most nervous about which is a terrible way to feel about your team in their final game of the season.

It's a really weird feeling for me tonight. This season really soured me on a lot of the players/coaches/management, and I haven't felt less confident in the team since Julien came here (AINEC).

Penguins lose, Bruins win - seems extremely do-able, but the Sabres are just historically bad, so I can't fathom them winning, and that's even before getting to our sad-sack team. I don't feel nervous, just empty.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I think most people know I've been super optimistic all year. But of all the days people are so sad, I'm really not. If you look at how average this team has been in the last 10 games (or all year really), what were we going to do with the Rangers? I honestly don't think much.

Ottawa was the better team, they deserve this. In turn I do think we can do a lot with the #14 and #37, and I'm looking forward to better things next year. I fully expect missing the playoffs this year to be a strong motivation for a lot of people next year.

I hear ya, man. I'm pretty relaxed. I want to make the playoffs. I always want to make the playoffs. But there are plenty of reasons it would be best not to...so whatever.

This team has detached me with their lack of fight and their crystal clear fatal flaws. So, either way, I'm good.

I might not even watch the game tonight. Which would be a first in such a situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad