GDT: GAME 82 4/11 7:30 PM: BRUINS @ Tampa Bay - THE LAST HURRAH : NESN, NBCSN, SN1 , 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
TONIGHT’S GAME
- The Bruins visit the Lightning tonight in the 4th and final game between these teams this season and the 2nd of 2 this season at
Amalie Arena … The Bruins are 41-27-13 overall this season with a 17-17-6 mark on the road … They are 15-9-5 vs. Atlantic Division
opponents and are 30-16-7 vs. Eastern Conference foes.
- The Bruins conclude their regular season schedule tonight as they look to extend their consecutive playoff appearance streak to eight
straight post-seasons … They last missed the playoffs in 2006-07.
- They are concluding their final series of three-games-in-four nights and they enter this set with a 10-5-3 record in game 1s, 8-9-1 mark
in game 2s and 7-8-2 tally in game 3s.

BOSTON vs. TAMPA BAY, LIFETIME SERIES
- The Bruins and Lightning are meeting for the 85th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 54-21-9-0 record and 286-
215 scoring advantage in those games.
- The Bruins are 21-17-3-0 in their 41 road games of this lifetime series with a 124-122 scoring edge in those contests.
- The Bruins had their 10-game win streak vs. the Lightning snapped with a 5-3 loss in Tampa Bay on 3/22 in the last game between
these teams … They had extended the streak with a 4-3 win on 1/13 and 3-2 shootout win on 3/12 in the 1st 2 games of this season’s
series … They are now 14-3-0 in their last 17 games overall vs. the Lightning and are 3-1-0 in their last 4 games in Tampa Bay.
Fun Fact: The Lightning are 1 of 3 teams (Philadelphia, Ottawa) who have never swept the Bruins in a season series … The Bruins
have never lost in OT or shootout to the Lightning with a 9-0-9 lifetime OT record vs. Tampa Bay.

https://link.nhl.com/static/[email protected]?1428754309000&navid=DL|BOS|home

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
If we win tonight in regulation and pens lose in Ot/regulation do we have the tie breaker?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
A Bruins win vs. Tampa would be a miracle and a Buffalo win vs. Pittsburgh would be a miracle. What do you call it when you need both of those things to happen?

roguepatriot

Jun 24, 2010
If we win tonight in regulation and pens lose in Ot/regulation do we have the tie breaker?

Bruins have head to head 2-1 so if win is ROW should go through if Punkins lose. Some of media is not saying this so maybe I am missing something.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Either Buffalo wins and the Bruins lose...or Buffalo loses and Bruins win by 8 goals...the cherry on top to this wonderful season.

But seriously, holy hell will I be happy if somehow they make it in....

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
A Bruins win vs. Tampa would be a miracle and a Buffalo win vs. Pittsburgh would be a miracle. What do you call it when you need both of those things to happen?

A waist of 2 of your 3 magic wishes

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Praying for a win by the 30th place team on the last day of the regular season.

I still can't believe it has come down to this.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I am so praying for a miracle tonight. This is so tough, after so many years of them making the playoffs, to possibly not make it in this year. I don't want this merry go round to end, it's been too much fun playing every year! :cry:

We have been so spoiled since Julien took over as the coach, making the playoffs every year since he's been here. It has disheartened me to still see people wanting him fired, no matter how many rounds we've made each year, even winning the Cup. I dare ask, what other coach out there will give you this much in a team over the years?

sure, there have been some moves of his I wasn't fond of, but honestly, he gave this fan another Cup, and we were oh so close to another one. Get rid of him for one bad year? Nah.

Would if we win tonight.............would if we get in. Do we still give up on this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad