Post-Game Talk: GAME #80: Canucks 4 vs. Sharks 2 (Pearson x2, Granlund, Stecher ENG)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
On the second replay it looks like, he knocked it from his glove

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
While I don't agree with his valuing I definitely am with the mindset that a number of players should be removed.

The main goals should be:

1) Remove as many of Sutter, Spooner, Eriksson, Schaller as possible and don't add more roadblocks for the young guys.

2) Remodel the defense. Tanev and Edler cannot be the top pair moving forward when they can't be in the lineup together consistently. Seriously look at what you can get for Tanev and if you get a good offer I would 100% move on.

3) Get Horvat a winger that is actually worth a damn. One of Pearson/Baertschi along with a quality top six forward would be a huge jump. No more Eriksson, Schaller or whoever the heck else.
4. Hutton and Stecher have kow ceilings and inexplicably seem to have value this year. Sell high.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Put yourself in his position. The closer he can get the Canucks to the playoff bar, the better he looks. (Even though they are officially eliminated)

I like to think every disparate part of this terribly run organization isn't individually solely out to keep their jobs in some sort of warped pro hockey Hunger Games.

There is no justification for playing a veteran defenseman like this in the last few games when it doesn't impact the outcome of the season. He's playing him ~30 mins per night. Come on.

Reactions: TruKnyte

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I notice Travis ****ing idiot Green played Edler 18 minutes through 2 period again in meaningless games like a ****ing idiot.
Can't blame him really, It would be against his own interest to actually do what's good for the team and rest Edler.

Travis's record with the Canucks is already sub .500, if he wants to get another gig in the NHL after the Canucks gig having a losing record won't help him.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I love this effort level now that it only hurts us. f***ing awesome.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Is Tanner Pearson the winger that Horvat needed all year? And the winger that he'll succeed with next season? Or is this a late season anomaly a la Jussi Jokinen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad