Post-Game Talk: GAME #80: Canucks 4 vs. Sharks 2 (Pearson x2, Granlund, Stecher ENG)

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Andrew is a dumbass, trade Tanev for a 4th rounder! Who the heck is this guy and why and how is he on TV talking hockey?

Befriended the right guy in Toronto, when the 650 Canucks deal came through he got a nice promotion to a market he doesn't know or understand and a fan base he doesn't like.
The power of nepotism!

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

Results

Sep 3, 2006
Vancouver
Befriended the right guy in Toronto, when the 650 Canucks deal came through he got a nice promotion to a market he doesn't know or understand and a fan base he doesn't like.
The power of nepotism!

...Somehow it's even worse than that? A Google search nets a couple-years-old PITB article explaining in detail that he actually actively has cheered against the Canucks for many years and has the whole Twitter history to prove it.

Cooooool.

Reactions: WTG

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I notice Travis ****ing idiot Green played Edler 18 minutes through 2 period again in meaningless games like a ****ing idiot.

Put yourself in his position. The closer he can get the Canucks to the playoff bar, the better he looks. (Even though they are officially eliminated)

Results

Sep 3, 2006
Vancouver
Yeah, I have to assume that keeping Hughes on the 2nd unit is intentional tanking, because anyone with two functioning eyes and a brain stem should be able to see that Edler's lack of foot speed is just killing the first unit.

Pettersson wins it back to Edler at the line, but he's on his off side, facing the boards, and too slow to have any chance at all of walking the line and looking for something to open up. So he just dumps it back in, because Edler is smart and knows what he's capable of at this point in his career. Even if the coaches don't have a clue.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
4th round pick for Tanev :facepalm:

God, what boobs.

While I don't agree with his valuing I definitely am with the mindset that a number of players should be removed.

The main goals should be:

1) Remove as many of Sutter, Spooner, Eriksson, Schaller as possible and don't add more roadblocks for the young guys.

2) Remodel the defense. Tanev and Edler cannot be the top pair moving forward when they can't be in the lineup together consistently. Seriously look at what you can get for Tanev and if you get a good offer I would 100% move on.

3) Get Horvat a winger that is actually worth a damn. One of Pearson/Baertschi along with a quality top six forward would be a huge jump. No more Eriksson, Schaller or whoever the heck else.

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad