Post-Game Talk: GAME #80: Canucks 4 vs. Sharks 2 (Pearson x2, Granlund, Stecher ENG)

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Its a free forum

FACT

It's so hypocritically funny tho that while it's a "family" site you can't use certain words (that are now used regularly on TV) but I can log on while my kids are in the room and instantly see big adds with 75% naked women, perfectly sculpted men wearing nothing but boxers with their junk practically jumping out of the monitor, little dildo looking things for women to go pee outdoors in....

But we better say poo... saying "shit" will keep families away from here... and the advertisers selling us their "SHIT" will stop supporting Hypocrite Forums.

Ummm... good game. Atta boy Granlund! :laugh:

edit: oh look... an add for Vapes. I thought you had to be 19 for that? None of my 3 children are 19! I thought this was a family site? What a load of poo.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Being invaded again.
Aug 28, 2011
10 years ago...

The Canucks met the Blues in the 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs, all the videos were uploaded in CanucksHD on YT.

Holy ****, time has gone by fast.

Luongo was unbelivable that series. I really thought they would go to the SCF after the sweep

Then it all went to hell in game 4 of the WCSF. 4th line gets a goal and then AV attempts to nurse the 1 goal lead before Willie Mitchell gets clowned for the game tying goal with under 2 1/2 min remaining. Then the D becomes a joke. Luongo turns into a sieve and AV gets owned by coach Q. Series was over.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Luongo was unbelivable that series. I really thought they would go to the SCF after the sweep

Then it all went to hell in game 4 of the WCSF. 4th line gets a goal and then AV attempts to nurse the 1 goal lead before Willie Mitchell gets clowned for the game tying goal with under 2 1/2 min remaining. Then the D becomes a joke. Luongo turns into a sieve and AV gets owned by coach Q. Series was over.

Can’t forget game 6.

The birth of 7uongo.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
It's impressive how the Canucks can win in an unappealing way. Like players nobody cares about, scoring in games nobody cares about, but it screws up the future. Impressive. They somehow did it three years in a row.
And we will fall in the lottery again because . . . Canucks

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
The good news is that we're now in a position where we're statistically less likely to fall; with the 9th-best odds, we have an almost 50% chance of staying in that position, and a 0.1% chance of the dreaded drop-three-spots scenario

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I’ve come to accept that the lottery was going to screw us anyway, so whatever.

I’ve liked Pearson’s game; showing he can contribute. Maybe he could get back to 20+ goals over a full season.

Stecher has been damn good lately, nice to see him rewarded with a goal.

I think that might have been Demko’s best game. Didn’t give up any big rebounds, stood tall in his net (he’s been beat high a fair bit lately). Nice game.

Two to go...

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend

I’ve liked Pearson’s game; showing he can contribute. Maybe he could get back to 20+ goals over a full season.

I think that might have been Demko’s best game. Didn’t give up any big rebounds, stood tall in his net (he’s been beat high a fair bit lately). Nice game.

Two to go...

Demko is looking better every outing. Very impressed with his rapid development at this level and his strong mental game. Also like Pearson and the multi-dimensional aspects of his game he brings here. Definitely think the Gudbranson trade was win/win and I think Pearson will be a nice complimentary player next year.

I'm not sure how seriously I'm taking these performances right now as the hockey Gods seem to enjoy vexing us. But, very encouraging none the less.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Two to go...

Let's face it, the Canucks' tank job the last two seasons were about as good as it got. Of course all else equal I prefer going in with the best odds possible given the Canucks' luck at the draft lottery.

But hey I feel much better about next seasons seeing Demko putting up a win and Pearson scoring some goals. Speaking of Pearson, he has put up 15 goals once again. Hopefully he comes in motivated. It will be very interesting to see how Pearson does. He's turning 27 and his wife is due in May. Will that affect his summer training and on ice performance or will that motivate him? If he can put together two strong seasons over the next two years he'll probably earn himself another 4+ year contract and a raise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->