Post-Game Talk: GAME #80: Canucks 4 vs. Sharks 2 (Pearson x2, Granlund, Stecher ENG)

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Demko is looking better every outing. Very impressed with his rapid development at this level and his strong mental game. Also like Pearson and the multi-dimensional aspects of his game he brings here. Definitely think the Gudbranson trade was win/win and I think Pearson will be a nice complimentary player next year.

I'm not sure how seriously I'm taking these performances right now as the hockey Gods seem to enjoy vexing us. But, very encouraging none the less.

Those two are probably the most interesting newer pieces right now. Hughes pedigree has me hopeful for him already.

But, if both Demko and Pearson can keep up this current level of play next season, we have something interesting in a legit winger for Bo and a competent backup who can eventually challenge for starter. Otherwise we're likely going to miss the playoffs again, without more scoring depth and without good backup goaltending, unless we get some actual team improvements via trade or UFA.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Those two are probably the most interesting newer pieces right now. Hughes pedigree has me hopeful for him already.

But, if both Demko and Pearson can keep up this current level of play next season, we have something interesting in a legit winger for Bo and a competent backup who can eventually challenge for starter. Otherwise we're likely going to miss the playoffs again, without more scoring depth and without good backup goaltending, unless we get some actual team improvements via trade or UFA.

Agree with everything you say here, but I think our biggest need is upgrading our defense.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Horvat:
giphy.webp

Actually everyone in the stadium was entertained... just a certain fan tier wasn't. Have to ask Lowe which tier tho.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Picking up Leivo and Pearson have significantly improved the size and physical play of our top 9.
We’re obviously still lacking some key high end pieces but we’re making progress.
It’s a shame Benning couldn’t have made similar acquisitions earlier in his tenure. Too little too late.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
The good news is that we're now in a position where we're statistically less likely to fall; with the 9th-best odds, we have an almost 50% chance of staying in that position, and a 0.1% chance of the dreaded drop-three-spots scenario

So you're saying there's a chance

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Demko is looking better every outing. Very impressed with his rapid development at this level and his strong mental game. Also like Pearson and the multi-dimensional aspects of his game he brings here. Definitely think the Gudbranson trade was win/win and I think Pearson will be a nice complimentary player next year.

I'm not sure how seriously I'm taking these performances right now as the hockey Gods seem to enjoy vexing us. But, very encouraging none the less.

Seem???

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
At this point I'm ready to sacrifice to the hockey gods and relocate this trash team to Quebec in compensation for getting an NBA team back.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I'm telling you, I'm to the point of hiring witch doctors and making virgin sacrifices in front of Rogers Arena. Whatever it takes to make amends to the hockey Gods for the last 50 years.

Won't work, you will need to offer Steve Moore as a human sacrifice to the hockey gods...

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Love Pearson’s work ethic. Love that Bo finally gets to click with a hopefully long term line mate.

This team has to get this upcoming draft right. Absolutely crucial.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
LOL win streak to end the year to get that lower draft pick. Happens every year

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
LOL win streak to end the year to get that lower draft pick. Happens every year

Points from trade deadline day onward in the non-playoff skid:

2016: 15 points from 21 games
2017: 9 points from 21 games (not a single point from the last 8 games)
2018: 16 points from 20 games
2019: 20 points from 18 games so far

That's 60 points from 80 games in total.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad