GDT: Game #8: The Calder Race | Blackhawks @ Coyotes | 7:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Mcbain has earned a look on the top line. I’m sorry but Hayton just isn’t cutting it
I had this exact thought. But not sure he could keep up with those two. It will come for Hayton. But the slow starts are now becoming a trend.
The Yotes are great when they go up against teams that puck watch , they just need to figure out the bigger teams
Good thing we drafted four players who are 6'4" - 6'8" in the last two 1st rounds.
Schmaltz and Keller need to keep the points going
Can't do it every night. It's great seeing some secondary scoring. That's what keeps teams dangerous..
Man if Cooley can just figure out how to not lose the puck he will be a force , so close to being brilliant

Living Boyd this game as well
Thought he looked very hungry tonight. Agree that he looked a bit awkward on the PP too. I really wish we had Zucker to fill out the roster.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
After watching all these postgame interviews, I just have to say…God bless Andre Tourigny. This guy is so legit. Genuine, you can tell he’s a salt of the earth just real guy…and his hockey IQ is off the charts. Listening to these interviews compared to Tocchet is night and day…and he’s not even a native English speaker haha.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Mcbain has earned a look on the top line. I’m sorry but Hayton just isn’t cutting it
There is no way I take Hayton off the top line. Not a chance. Hayton does all the little things for that line, screens, interfers, puck retrieval, then draws lots of defenseman attention which allows keller and schmaltz to weave around. Other than not finishing here and there, that is the only thing. He will start getting puck luck soon.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
There is no way I take Hayton off the top line. Not a chance. Hayton does all the little things for that line, screens, interfers, puck retrieval, then draws lots of defenseman attention which allows keller and schmaltz to weave around. Other than not finishing here and there, that is the only thing. He will start getting puck luck soon.
I absolutely agree, the take you quoted and the thread on the mainboard just scream stats only watcher to me

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
That’s so crazy about McBain and his dad. Unreal. Twilight zone.

Also - very happy my hopes for Carcone are coming true rather than my expectations for Carcone. Glad to be wrong.
What’s the deal with Mcbain and his dad?

Reactions: EXTRAS

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I took that personally.jpg

And the rest of the team also stepped up. I love to see that.
Next potential victim are the Ducks. Lets go duck hunting.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
After watching all these postgame interviews, I just have to say…God bless Andre Tourigny. This guy is so legit. Genuine, you can tell he’s a salt of the earth just real guy…and his hockey IQ is off the charts. Listening to these interviews compared to Tocchet is night and day…and he’s not even a native English speaker haha.

Tocchet can’t even spell IQ.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Imagine getting to earn NHL pay for a few seasons despite not having any NHL abilities. Just be willing to eat a few punches every few nights. The Coyotes will have set him up for life.
LOB hustles, all the time, seems like a nice kid, but like you said, no NHL abilities. I have to add no fighting abilities as well. I for the life of me, do not understand why they can't find a fourth liner with NHL abilities for that line. Don't get me wrong, that line is playing really well, but still.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Man Carcone has had some nice moments this season. Would really be nice for someone like him to step up while Zucker is out… this team misses Zucker
Nash was saying that when he asked BA who might be a player that breaks out this year, BA said with no hesitation, Carcone. I don't think many of us gave him a chance to do much, some were surprised he made the club. All I can say is good for him. He has paid his dues.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Finally, someone with enough balls to say something. Hayton is kind of a mystery to me. He does most everything well, and shows flashes of really good, but I don't think he has the talent to play where they have him. Maybe if they put him on the second or third line where he belongs he could flourish. We have been saying, he is still young, lost a year of development, was dicked around etc. but I think there comes a time to accept he is what he is and that is a second or third line C. :dunno:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Finally, someone with enough balls to say something. Hayton is kind of a mystery to me. He does most everything well, and shows flashes of really good, but I don't think he has the talent to play where they have him. Maybe if they put him on the second or third line where he belongs he could flourish. We have been saying, he is still young, lost a year of development, was dicked around etc. but I think there comes a time to accept he is what he is and that is a second or third line C. :dunno:
He is likely a second line C, but he is still the best all around C we have right now. He is good in all 3 zones on D and can take the toughest assignments. He lacks some scoring right now but points will come. We just scored 8 goals, making changes to increase scoring while giving up some on D for the top line isn't a solution to a problem we have right now.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I absolutely agree, the take you quoted and the thread on the mainboard just scream stats only watcher to me
Stop making excuses guys. I would think McBain could do the same thing as Hayton, but neither should be in that spot, but we have no one else except maybe Cooley, but I don't think he is ready yet. BA gave Hayton a two year show me contract that came with third line money. It's all up to Hayton now.

British yote

May 16, 2014
England
Stop making excuses guys. I would think McBain could do the same thing as Hayton, but neither should be in that spot, but we have no one else except maybe Cooley, but I don't think he is ready yet. BA gave Hayton a two year show me contract that came with third line money. It's all up to Hayton now.
I agree that we should try someone else. Mcbain I think could do all the same things hayton has done so far he just hasn’t been given the opportunity. It might also help Hayton get out of his funk. If it doesn’t work you just change them back but I think you have to reward a young players who is doing everything right like Mcbain has with something otherwise we are limiting him to a fourth liner forever. I’m also not saying Hayton should be on the 4th line. Move him to the second and Bjug to the fourth.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He is likely a second line C, but he is still the best all around C we have right now. He is good in all 3 zones on D and can take the toughest assignments. He lacks some scoring right now but points will come. We just scored 8 goals, making changes to increase scoring while giving up some on D for the top line isn't a solution to a problem we have right now.
I agree, but we need our first line to produce or we are in trouble. Last night will not be a common occurrence. Every player has to play D, but your first line has to put up points, that is their first objective. Not having a 1C keeps on haunting this team.

I agree that we should try someone else. Mcbain I think could do all the same things hayton has done so far he just hasn’t been given the opportunity. It might also help Hayton get out of his funk. If it doesn’t work you just change them back but I think you have to reward a young players who is doing everything right like Mcbain has with something otherwise we are limiting him to a fourth liner forever. I’m also not saying Hayton should be on the 4th line. Move him to the second and Bjug to the fourth.
I'm with you. Watch Hayton break out next game.:laugh:

Reactions: British yote

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Has there been this many empty seats every game or is this a world series thing?
No, this is how it is in a community with no heart/soul, only look legit should there be playoffs. Had it not been for Blackhawk fans (traveling in from Chicago :sarcasm::sarcasm:) and the few Bedard fanboys), it would have been even more pathetic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad