GDT: Game #8: The Calder Race | Blackhawks @ Coyotes | 7:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Everyone in the arena missed the Carcone hat trick because Cooley swung and apparently missed...so no hats on the ice.

For Obrien one guy tried and was short. I would have done but I didn't know if that was apropos and didn't wanna be the only one :)
It was sad, but understandable, I wasn’t sure myself, until I saw Carcone skate first to the bench for fist bumps.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
It was sad, but understandable, I wasn’t sure myself, until I saw Carcone skate first to the bench for fist bumps.
Yeah, I noticed Durzi go fish the puck out of the net, which is the same thing he would have done for Cooley (first goal, right?) But like you say, Carcone went through the line first, and gosh darn it we were scoring so many goals, who could keep track of who had how many right?

• Haha
Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Yeah and considering Last Game itmight be best for O'Brien to train his grappling skills and His hooks.
It will be punshy.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
First thing I see out of CHI after last nights game is this. Forget the ass whoopin' lol.

Connor Bedard just broke an all-time NHL record with his latest goal

I read an article by a "Blackhawks Insider" on NBC Chicago that was basically one long complaint about the referees and how all the missed calls were the reason the Hawks lost.

Someone ought to check the sauce at Geno's East to see if it contains psychedelics, or maybe there's something in the drinking water.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I read an article by a "Blackhawks Insider" on NBC Chicago that was basically one long complaint about the referees and how all the missed calls were the reason the Hawks lost.

Someone ought to check the sauce at Geno's East to see if it contains psychedelics, or maybe there's something in the drinking water.
Twitter was full of “ref’s fault” whining.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

It just doesn't make any sense that Connor Bedard could be the youngest player to ever score in the first 30 seconds of the game (because it's so darn amazing!!!) and still somehow lose. It must be the officiating! :sarcasm:

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
ESPN has a full time Bedard Tracker.
Where's the thumbs down button? Lol.

If we had gotten Bedard and it was like this all the time here in AZ, the ridiculous hype train, I know it would be good for the team but I'd absolutely hate it. Watch the team get popular over the next 10 years and I'll end up missing the quiet loneliness we have now haha

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
A hat costs like $60 nowadays, quite a bit more if you need to get it shipped. I’m not throwing that on the ice.

I realize you can sometimes claim it back, but what a pain in the ass.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Twitter was full of “ref’s fault” whining.
I whine about the refs when they call too many to ticky tack penalties and too many 50/50s. I never think the refs are screwing one team or another in particular. I don’t get mad at one or two mistakes. We all make them. It’s a fast sport and that’s a difficult job. I just hate when I sit down to enjoy a hockey game and instead see a referee show. That is a huge pet peeve for me.

Also, people who yet at or complain to the refs in youth hockey and Rec league need to stop doing that. I don’t even sympathize with the impulse.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We gave a beating to Chicago, which is terrific because Chicago always travels so well. Lots of quiet Hawks fans sitting next to me. However,

Our play in our own end was putrid. Putrid. Chicago had all day in our end, with full shift, and full two to three shift possessions. Had we played any other team in the league, we would have lost this game 14-8. Say what you want about boring Ol' Dave Tippet, but defense is a part of this game and the Coyotes can't play D to save their f***ing lives.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think after they went up by about four, they turned off the brains with needing to play D. Not a good habit but wasted energy with that opponent. Hawks suck.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
As for @Jakey53 's concern about Hayton, he's wrong. Hayton is playing the game that the Coyotes need him to play. He has two high scoring wingers. We don't want Hayton to be a score first center with those two guys. we want him to be a net front presence, a set up guy, and provide defense to make up for Keller's lack of a 2 way game.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
As for @Jakey53 's concern about Hayton, he's wrong. Hayton is playing the game that the Coyotes need him to play. He has two high scoring wingers. We don't want Hayton to be a score first center with those two guys. we want him to be a net front presence, a set up guy, and provide defense to make up for Keller's lack of a 2 way game.
That's leading to some crazy stats. Hayton with 0 points, getting the same amount of minutes pg, 20, as his linemates who are leading the team with 8 points each.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Also, people who yet at or complain to the refs in youth hockey and Rec league need to stop doing that. I don’t even sympathize with the impulse.
People are weird. Maybe even more so when it comes to their kids. Used to be around the game a lot, and sometimes I would score keep because there was a shortage of everyone willing to help. The extra cash didn’t hurt being young and all. Would literally get yelled at because I wasn’t starting the clock fast enough in a tight game. People so quick to point fingers rather than reflect and improve. Guarantee Bedard isn’t sitting there whining about the calls made by the stripes. Absolutely cringe when the ref you suck chants happen. Maybe it’s just me but why yell at the guy that can alter the game negatively for you….

Not everyone understands the game at a high level but at least we ain’t NFL level bad. All that downtime generates a lot of arm chair coaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad