Post-Game Talk: Game 8: Penalty Kill It With Fire | Blackhawks @ Devils | 6:30 CT (WGN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Yayyyyyy. Hawks win!

Thanks to all of you who suffered through the agony of this one while I mostly watched the Cubs.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
The system has been horrible and it's just starting to show now how bad it really is.

The way this team is playing, they're going to miss the playoffs and, if they somehow get in, they won't make it far.

Yup. The system begins with the head coach, who refuses to adjust, with a no longer loaded roster.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Naturally. ..we win a game we had no business getting points out of. .Play 2 stinky period. .only 1 good period and we got the break in OT to put it away..Still a lot to worry about..Take the points and be thankful but Q has a lot of work to do to get more hustle out of them ..to get winning more puck races and puck battles...to clean up clearing mistakes ..to simply defend with more attention to detail and staying with checks...and most of all ..to.not think that playing harder for only a 3rd of a game is good enough...Lucky we came out of Jersey with 2 points ..but no way can Q be happy how his team.playref this game.

Gooner

Feb 21, 2016
Munich
A win is a win, but this team looks disjointed. I have absolutely no clue what the gameplan is right now, the Hawks aren't playing a posession game, they're not playing a speedy counterattack system, they're not playing dump and chase .. certain players are underperforming for sure, Toews is one, although he's doing better than last year, and Keith is another one, but my impression is that they don't really have a gameplan and no longer have the talent to make up for it. You can talk about the depth being gutted and the T&K contracts accounting for too much cap space, but teams with less talent have played far better than this Hawks team has so far and in my opinion that starts with the coach.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
He really did nothing there

All NHL players should be able to bury that

Panarin did all the work

Watch the replay. Anisimov put himself in the right position to make it a mini 2-on-1. You can clearly see Panarin took a peek at him before shooting it at Kinkade's right pad for a rebound. Give the guy credit when it's due.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
freaking stream auto connected to the canucks game at the beginning of the PP.....

Crow deserved the two points for sure. without him this game was over long ago...

come on Q and Stan send Vinny down, whats the point of him in the press box?

give another kid a chance...I say get Macniel up here for a shot and give him 5-8 games

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Watch the replay. Anisimov put himself in the right position to make it a mini 2-on-1. You can clearly see Panarin took a peek at him before shooting it at Kinkade's right pad for a rebound. Give the guy credit when it's due.

He could watch it all night long on repeat and he still would have no idea why AA is getting some credit. It is just sad at this point.

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015
[..]teams with less talent have played far better than this Hawks team has so far and in my opinion that starts with the coach.

Nah, you can see this across the league with teams that had more than a few players partake in the World Cup of Hockey. The preseason is important to get players used to each other and the system and when many of your players aren't playing in the preseason, they'll have to figure out during the season.

While you would normally see teams starting to figure it out right around now, it's going to take a bit longer this season. The Hawks have it especially difficult, seeing as they have so many new / rookie players on the team. Give it time, they'll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad