Post-Game Talk: Game 8: Penalty Kill It With Fire | Blackhawks @ Devils | 6:30 CT (WGN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Fire Stanley for not getting everyone to sign a Kucherov contract when he had the chance

Fire Bettman for the whole salary cap thing too while we're at it

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
So you saying Stanley has turned a power into above average team with no title hopes?

So you acknowledge that our declining core may just have had its contending window shut prematurely because of Stanley's blunders?

Sounds like reasonable grounds for termination of Stanley's tenure as GM

Sure. As much as 2011 and 2012 were grounds for firing Bowman.

Good teams need to reload with youth. Woe is us, for we may merely be a playoff team for a year or two after Bowman put together 3 different cup-winning casts. Truly, it's a tough life.

The PK is the biggest issue facing this team at the moment. If somebody is getting a pink slip soon, it should be somebody behind the bench,

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Even in 2015 they didn't really do that much, though.

I don't particularly think this is a championship caliber team. But it is a playoff team if they get their PK in order.

Kind of off topic but IMO that's what makes the 2015 Cup the most impressive. They really weren't the super-elite team they were in 2010/2013 and what they did in the more difficult half of the playoffs with only 4 defenseman was truly legendary. They weren't undeserving of that Cup by any means, but they certainly weren't the flat out easy favorites. Seems like they just muscled out a freakin' Stanley Cup with pure talent and matchup decisions

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
So you saying Stanley has turned a power into above average team with no title hopes?

So you acknowledge that our declining core may just have had its contending window shut prematurely because of Stanley's blunders?

Sounds like reasonable grounds for termination of Stanley's tenure as GM

Does it get exhausting being you?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sure. As much as 2011 and 2012 were grounds for firing Bowman.

Good teams need to reload with youth. Woe is us, for we may merely be a playoff team for a year or two after Bowman put together 3 different cup-winning casts. Truly, it's a tough life.

The PK is the biggest issue facing this team at the moment. If somebody is getting a pink slip soon, it should be somebody behind the bench,

So then why did Stanley give away Saad and extend Seabrook?

Hawks core was not old in 2011 ,, It is aging and fading in 2016

So this idea that we can just punt away seasons for future is foolish especially when our prospect pool is nothing special

member 151739

I see this current Hawks team as a first or second round exit, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Anything more is just gravy.

I don't consider it "punting away," just need to re-tool. And I'd love to be wrong. I think we'll see at least one more Cup for this core.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad