Post-Game Talk: Game 8: Penalty Kill It With Fire | Blackhawks @ Devils | 6:30 CT (WGN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

THis is my first GDT of the season. WOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOO!

650x366

@
tumblr_mtlmga6uNz1r12oqxo1_500.jpg

Fun fact:

Also:

Now let's hope Crow packed a Golden Glove for any man-advantages:

-----------------------------------------------

:hawks

Projected line-up til Q changes it:

Panik - Toews - Kane
Panarin - Anisimov - Hossa
Motte - Schmaltz - Hartman
Rasmussen - Kruger - Tootoo

Keith - Campbell
Kempny - Seabrook
Hjalmarsson - Roszival

Crawford

:devils

Projected line-up:
Hall - Zacha - Palmieri
Cammelleri - Zajac - Parenteau
Bennett - Henrique - Smith-Pelley
Kalinin - Fiddler - Boucher

Greene - Severson
Moore - Quincey
Auvitu - Lovejoy

Kinkaid

----------------------------------------------------

LET'S GO HAWKS!

blackhawks-kid-slaps-other-blackhawks-kid-hockey-fans-hockey-fan-gif.gif

Last edited:

Rugbyplayer*

Mar 9, 2016
Let's kill all the penalties and win the game, or better yet don't take any penalties and kick arses. Toews 2 goals, Panarin, Anisimov and Panik each with a goal. 5-1 Hawks. Now go out and get the job done.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Tommy Hawk vs David Puddy

Taylor Hall gets 2 goals (1 a PP)

Hawks find a way to win 3-2

:popcorn:

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Why is Q shuffling the forward lines? Offense and general 5v5 play hasn't really been a problem this year, it's pretty much only a PK issue right now.

member 151739

I say we should allow more uncontested shots from the point on the penalty kill. It's worked out tremendously thus far.

Hawks win 3-1. Devils' lone goal will be on the powerplay.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The Hawks fix their PK and this team is team is in great shape. The Hawks would have 1 loss if they had and average PK.

5v5 the Hawks are out shooting, out scoring (16 to 8), and most other statistics out performing. Anyone who claims other wise is not watching games or doesn't know what is going on.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Powers and Hedger (who I am starting to notice is not very hockey smart) were talking about AA and faceoffs in their latest podcast. They spoke to the Hawks/AA changing everything on how he is taking draws. Seems like AA is very aware of his big issue (he knew his own stats). Sounds like the Hawks want him to get around 44-45% and it is the focus for him every practice. Interesting note is that AA was focusing on the opponent and not his own approach which is a huge change and a good one. Trying to offset what your opponent does is the easiest way to lose a draw because you are being more reactive and less proactive.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
What happened to Cory Schneider?

Also, Fiddler hat-trick (including 1-2 shorties) coming up. You read it here first. :sarcasm:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Powers and Hedger (who I am starting to notice is not very hockey smart) were talking about AA and faceoffs in their latest podcast. They spoke to the Hawks/AA changing everything on how he is taking draws. Seems like AA is very aware of his big issue (he knew his own stats). Sounds like the Hawks want him to get around 44-45% and it is the focus for him every practice. Interesting note is that AA was focusing on the opponent and not his own approach which is a huge change and a good one. Trying to offset what your opponent does is the easiest way to lose a draw because you are being more reactive and less proactive.

AA was working with Yanic yesterday. Hopefully he will be better tonight. It's not so much the percentage that I wanted to see better but he needs to be much better for key face-offs and especially on ST's.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

Hedger is ****ing terrible. Terrible. Can punt his hockey thoughts into the Sun as far as I'm concerned. I follow him on Twitter still only to see how dumb the stuff is he comes up with sometimes. There are literally people on this board would do a better job covering this team than some like him.

As for the Hawks, I've temporarily turned into a bad fan but I'm so baseball-centric right now that the Hawks have taken a firm seat on the back-burner until baseball is over. Then my attention and time will shift a little bit back to them. I've followed as closely as I can and watched a couple games but I admittedly am completely wrapped up in this Cubs thing right now emotionally as a sports fan. I don't get to see and follow NHL hockey as much as I'd like anyway these days even taking the baseball aspect out of it, so my mindset as a Blackhawks fan has evolved anyway, but that's a whole 'nother story for another day.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
What happened to Cory Schneider?

Also, Fiddler hat-trick (including 1-2 shorties) coming up. You read it here first. :sarcasm:

You mean Vern Fiddler the Hall of Game Blackhawks killer will do it again?You mean VF will out-star Toews ...again? EVEN WHEN Q tries tge Kane fix for what ails #19? How can tge hockey gods possibly allows ugh a travesty as you props to actually be realized? I guess OF it happens then we All must put the lazy and fail moniker on our beloved Captain o
r demand he drop his twitter and girlfriend and get to work on hockey...after all if Vern Fiddler can doom us at his paltry salary ..then what ghe heck is Toews doing to justify his? BUT surely such a scenario cannot hapoen. .because after all..Kane will feed Toews so many scoring chances he has to get the hat-trick ...Q is counting on tjis genius move to solve all tge woes of #19 and return him to the Marketing Dept. dream poster boy of tge franchise...so how can Fiddler possibly out-shine Toews tonight? So ...it better not hapoen as you predict...no way Fiddler shines ..our boy Johnny finally go nna show his talent...if not..some.tjing hideously w.rong..time to call in Sherlock Holmes to figure out what is causing the fall off the cliff ...if Toews fails the MISSION tonight...then again ...over the course of his career Fiddler has killed the Hawks many a time. so I guess I cannot tell you go put the house money on Toews out-starting Vern...I can tell you the Marketing Dept. Will be very displeased should that hapoen. ..not to.mention the majority of Hawks fans ...and I can tell you that if Toews bombs again with another no pints game then even those still defending him are gonna switch to dissing him for putrid production..So the memo to Johnny is ....Now or Never and Do Not at all costs let Fiddler of all the opposition players be a Hawks killer tonight because other Toews fail combined with another but of Fiddler Glory against tge Hawks is simply too much for any Hawks fan to take..It just cannot be allowed.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hedger is ****ing terrible. Terrible. Can punt his hockey thoughts into the Sun as far as I'm concerned. I follow him on Twitter still only to see how dumb the stuff is he comes up with sometimes. There are literally people on this board would do a better job covering this team than some like him.

As for the Hawks, I've temporarily turned into a bad fan but I'm so baseball-centric right now that the Hawks have taken a firm seat on the back-burner until baseball is over. Then my attention and time will shift a little bit back to them. I've followed as closely as I can and watched a couple games but I admittedly am completely wrapped up in this Cubs thing right now emotionally as a sports fan. I don't get to see and follow NHL hockey as much as I'd like anyway these days even taking the baseball aspect out of it, so my mindset as a Blackhawks fan has evolved anyway, but that's a whole 'nother story for another day.

It really is hard to watch both. I tend to have the Hawks streaming on the macbook and the Cubs on the TV (muted with Pat on the radio). It is hard to keep up with both and an 8 month old, wife, and work.

You mean Vern Fiddler the Hall of Game Blackhawks killer will do it again?You mean VF will out-star Toews ...again? EVEN WHEN Q tries tge Kane fix for what ails #19? How can tge hockey gods possibly allows ugh a travesty as you props to actually be realized? I guess OF it happens then we All must put the lazy and fail moniker on our beloved Captain o
r demand he drop his twitter and girlfriend and get to work on hockey...after all if Vern Fiddler can doom us at his paltry salary ..then what ghe heck is Toews doing to justify his? BUT surely such a scenario cannot hapoen. .because after all..Kane will feed Toews so many scoring chances he has to get the hat-trick ...Q is counting on tjis genius move to solve all tge woes of #19 and return him to the Marketing Dept. dream poster boy of tge franchise...so how can Fiddler possibly out-shine Toews tonight? So ...it better not hapoen as you predict...no way Fiddler shines ..our boy Johnny finally go nna show his talent...if not..some.tjing hideously w.rong..time to call in Sherlock Holmes to figure out what is causing the fall off the cliff ...if Toews fails the MISSION tonight...then again ...over the course of his career Fiddler has killed the Hawks many a time. so I guess I cannot tell you go put the house money on Toews out-starting Vern...I can tell you the Marketing Dept. Will be very displeased should that hapoen. ..not to.mention the majority of Hawks fans ...and I can tell you that if Toews bombs again with another no pints game then even those still defending him are gonna switch to dissing him for putrid production..So the memo to Johnny is ....Now or Never and Do Not at all costs let Fiddler of all the opposition players be a Hawks killer tonight because other Toews fail combined with another but of Fiddler Glory against tge Hawks is simply too much for any Hawks fan to take..It just cannot be allowed.

You have gotten to the point where your obsession with Toews is creepy. You post about the pulse of the fan base but you are so far off it is amazing.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
After much thought, I will not cross the River Styx and step foot on New Jersey, otherwise known as Hades, to watch the Hawks/Devils game. I'll stay in the City and stress over the Cubs. But trust me, I was tempted to throw a mud ball at Mike Kitchen.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
After much thought, I will not cross the River Styx and step foot on New Jersey, otherwise known as Hades, to watch the Hawks/Devils game. I'll stay in the City and stress over the Cubs. But trust me, I was tempted to throw a mud ball at Mike Kitchen.

Haha. It's all about the Cubs right now.

I do like the lines though. This board will go nuts if that third line gets going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad