GDT: Game #8 - 10.25.14 - at New York - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I thought Jokipakka made as many mistakes as Oleksiak to be honest. I have no idea what he was doing on that first goal.

No one has mentioned it but the Stars had some SLOPPY SLOPPY line changes tonight, and it cost them a goal or two (first goal and I believe third?...might have been fourth)

The first goal, he barely stuck his stick out, yeah that was bad, but Dillon did nothing to get the Islanders guys' stick off the ice.

Al Core

May 21, 2011
Illinois
The back up goaltending is going to hurt this season, just as it has for SEVEN SEASONS now.

I was just thinking about that, too. Seven years of awful backups and awful defense. And of all those backups from the last seven years Ellis and Bachman are the only ones barely clinging to the hope of an NHL career. Holmqvist, Auld, Raycroft, Bachman, Ellis, Thomas, now Lindback Awful, Awful, Awful. ****ing hell.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I was just thinking about that, too. Seven years of awful backups and awful defense. And of all those backups from the last seven years Ellis and Bachman are the only ones barely clinging to the hope of an NHL career. Holmqvist, Auld, Raycroft, Bachman, Ellis, Thomas, now Lindback Awful, Awful, Awful. ****ing hell.

To be fair, Raycroft and Bachman each had a good year as backups, it was that 2nd year that they were terrible.

Al Core

May 21, 2011
Illinois
To be fair, Raycroft and Bachman each had a good year as backups, it was that 2nd year that they were terrible.

This is true. I'd call them decent years more than good years, but compared to the **** we've seen lately they seem glorious.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Lindback should be waived tomorrow. Rynnas should get a shot and if that fails, whelp I don't know where we go from there but regardless Lindback is hot garbage.

Oleksiak can't pinch on that 5th goal. His poor decision led to the 2 on 1.

Was it Jordie who didn't pick up Visnovsky coming down main street on the 4th goal?

At this point you keep Daley, Jokipakka and Dillon but the other defensemen can go. Bogosian, Myers, Gormley, Larssen, not sure I care who comes as long as Jordie goes and Oleksiak returns to the minors. But if the tank is on while Spezza and Seguin via for the Rocket Richard they should all stay.

Sceviour looked better but Eaves needs to find the bench. He's holding back Hemsky. McKenzie needs to play.

MetalGodAOD*

We sucked ass and my girl for nailed in the mouth with a stray puck. Wonderful night.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Lindback should be waived tomorrow. Rynnas should get a shot and if that fails, whelp I don't know where we go from there but regardless Lindback is hot garbage.

Was it Jordie who didn't pick up Visnovsky coming down main street on the 4th goal?

At this point you keep Daley, Jokipakka and Dillon but the other defensemen can go. Bogosian, Myers, Gormley, Larssen, not sure I care who comes as long as Jordie goes and Oleksiak returns to the minors. But if the tank is on while Spezza and Seguin via for the Rocket Richard they should all stay.

Sceviour looked better but Eaves needs to find the bench. He's holding back Hemsky. McKenzie needs to play.

What's the Issue with Goligoski? He's Better than everyone you're willing to keep. If you want to keep the defensemen that have played the best, You're keeping Dillon, Daley and Goligoski. Jokipakka has played 2 games. Hardly worth committing to

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
The back up goaltending is going to hurt this season, just as it has for SEVEN SEASONS now.

But it's just a waiting game with Campbell in the wings. He isn't ready but next year I would think he should be.

I'm thinking that if Campbell isn't our backup by the end of this season there's a good chance we don't make the playoffs. And by "being our backup" I mean he legitimately plays well and helps us win some games.

MetalGodAOD*

I totally read that the wrong way on first glance.

Hope she's okay. :(

Heyo.

Thanks she's ok. Just a nasty split lip and a great story. Had to bail while it was still 4-4 but sounds like it wasn't a bad thing.

Uncle Hulka

Aug 1, 2014

Not sure what you've seen in Sceviour yet, though I'm fine with giving him some time. I do have a soft spot for Eaves, for whatever reason.
I would say that it's more Lindy holding back Hemsky rather than his 4th line mates, though. Time to move Hemsky up to a better line. He's always been a bit streaky and he's looking hot now. It was painful watching him try to find help with grinders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad