GDT: Game #8 - 10.25.14 - at New York - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Jesus. You lose a second game of a back to back on the road and everyone goes crazy.

I totally appreciate the enthusiasm, but there's so much hockey left.

Have you even watched all the games? There is nothing crazy about it. The defense has been awful all season (even worse than last season) and its a personnel problem so its not going to get better on its own. Injures will happen and then it can only get worse. If B2B's are essentially auto-losses as a result on top of that we could easily miss the playoffs by a few points. There are a LOT of quality teams in the West.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Lindback needs to go. Tampa fans are right, he's completely useless. Make a trade or call up on of the two AHL goalies.

Yeah. I don't think he should play another game in victory green. He has been AWFUL in just about every game he's played.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
Have you even watched all the games? There is nothing crazy about it. The defense has been awful all season (even worse than last season) and its a personnel problem so its not going to get better on its own. Injures will happen and then it can only get worse. If B2B's are essentially auto-losses as a result on top of that we could easily miss the playoffs by a few points. There are a LOT of quality teams in the West.

Did you expect something different from this team? Honestly. You know better. The Dallas Stars are built this way. This defense was always going to be this way.

Also, who said anything about auto losses?

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
"our pets' heads are falling off!"
I'm not much of a "the sky is falling" type, but I've been somewhat Skeptical of Spezza re-signing here since the trade, its not like we lost anything significant if he doesn't but, a team that isn't willing to fix such a glaring issue isn't a good way to attract or keep high caliber players like Spezza, and it's not as if there are a plethora of quality d-men going to be available in FA for the next few years anyway.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Did you expect something different from this team? Honestly. You know better. The Dallas Stars are built this way. This defense was always going to be this way.

Its been auto losses on B2B with a backup goalie for a few seasons now.

Also the "Dallas Stars are built this way" is no defense. I don't even know what point you are even trying to make here. We should just accept this defense being awful for years now?

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
I'm not much of a "the sky is falling" type, but I've been somewhat Skeptical of Spezza re-signing here since the trade, its not like we lost anything significant if he doesn't but, a team that isn't willing to fix such a glaring issue isn't a good way to attract or keep high caliber players like Spezza, and it's not as if there are a plethora of quality d-men going to be available in FA for the next few years anyway.

If Jim Nill is as good as he appears to be, I'm not worried yet.

I don't think anyone watching that 2012 team would have predicted having two top flight centers two years later, either. Both by trades.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
Its been auto losses on B2B with a backup goalie for a few seasons now.

Also the "Dallas Stars are built this way" is no defense. I don't even know what point you are even trying to make here. We should just accept this defense being awful for years now?

The point is you're too upset, the sample size is too small, and the Stars are still really good.

I have a hard time feeling bad about a team that has their future locked up in team friendly deals and a relatively strong farm system.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Guys... guys! Stop blaming poor Lindbäck. The REAL problem was Seguin not scoring anything that counted and Spezza's piss poor +/-.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

I'll say something about auto losses.... I think we have to accept the fact that any time Lindback is in net it will be an auto loss.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
On the bright side, the T-Stars are mounting a comeback as Morin just potted a hat trick to bring them to within one goal of tying the game.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I thought Jokipakka made as many mistakes as Oleksiak to be honest. I have no idea what he was doing on that first goal.

No one has mentioned it but the Stars had some SLOPPY SLOPPY line changes tonight, and it cost them a goal or two (first goal and I believe third?...might have been fourth)

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
The point is you're too upset, the sample size is too small, and the Stars are still really good.

I have a hard time feeling bad about a team that has their future locked up in team friendly deals and a relatively strong farm system.

Sample size? The defense has been garbage for years. Backup goaltending bas been garbage for years. I and everyone else here has the right to be upset about it.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
The back up goaltending is going to hurt this season, just as it has for SEVEN SEASONS now.

But it's just a waiting game with Campbell in the wings. He isn't ready but next year I would think he should be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad