GDT: Game #8 - 10.25.14 - at New York - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Sucks, but its not the kind of thing that makes me feel bad. A few rookie mistakes and a goalie that will not be on the team in the future. Sucks to lose, but it was a fun game and, its already been said, cant win'em all.

Primetimey*

Last game I defended Lindback because I thought he was pretty sturdy for all the shots he faced. This game he was an utter joke..

Also, why is Oleksiak pinching like that? He does realize the other team has 3 forwards right?

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I think this game goes to show...the taller, the better when it comes to all things hockey.:sarcasm:

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
No. This team plays in the Central. If the defense continues to be this bad every game we could very well miss the playoffs. The offense will not keep this up forever. There will be a slump and things could get ugly.

Jesus. You lose a second game of a back to back on the road and everyone goes crazy.

I totally appreciate the enthusiasm, but there's so much hockey left.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
So many turnovers resulting in odd man rushes or breakaways. Lindback should have stopped about half of the goals, but they should never have happened if we had managed to maintain better puck control.

Islanders are very opportunistic and it shows.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
This forward core is Stanley Cup caliber. If I am Nill I am willing to move any futures (with maybe the exception of Honka) for moderate/long term options to improve this defense and get a real backup. Damn draft picks. Damn the 2015 1st if necessary. This has to end.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Lindback's positioning and stance is just so awkward, and then he's so slow to recover position when he drops.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Yeah, but you have to start somewhere. Considering what Nill had, you have to be pleased with the improvement on offense.

That being said, gotta re sign Spezza and get defense.

If you're Spezza and you have your pick of the teams this offseason do you lock into a team with this defense? Especially when you want a cup

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
Isles fan in ATX coming in peace -

You have one of the most respect-demanding 1st lines in the league. Best of luck the rest of the way through.

I see Texas Stars games down here, and Dallas has become my Western Conference team. In a perfect world, we'll tango in the Finals.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Lindback needs to go. Tampa fans are right, he's completely useless. Make a trade or call up on of the two AHL goalies.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Even with the shoddy defense, we wouldn't have lost that with Kari in net. No way, no how. Lindback might as well put hula hoops under both arms. At LEAST 3 goals went in under his arms, maybe more, I lost count.

True. Kari has only lost in OT or SO. Lindback starts have been losses in regulation. I can see why TB fans were so pissed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad