GDT: Game #8 - 10.25.14 - at New York - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Not sure what you've seen in Sceviour yet, though I'm fine with giving him some time. I do have a soft spot for Eaves, for whatever reason.
I would say that it's more Lindy holding back Hemsky rather than his 4th line mates, though. Time to move Hemsky up to a better line. He's always been a bit streaky and he's looking hot now. It was painful watching him try to find help with grinders.

The comment about Sceviour was more in relation to his play last night which wasn't very good. I'm not really sure what his NHL future is but at least tonight he worked hard down low and set up a goal. Would like him to score of some of the chances he's had but I really don't know how he's feeling with that shoulder and the lack of conditioning this summer. I hope as the season goes on he gets better.

Hard to move Hemsky up and keep the bros with Spezza. Need Nichushkin back and/or another center to play with him. I just love the look of his game. I have no doubt the points will come but to be fair Eaves/Fiddler aren't going to help with that.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Not sure what you've seen in Sceviour yet, though I'm fine with giving him some time. I do have a soft spot for Eaves, for whatever reason.
I would say that it's more Lindy holding back Hemsky rather than his 4th line mates, though. Time to move Hemsky up to a better line. He's always been a bit streaky and he's looking hot now. It was painful watching him try to find help with grinders.

Sceviour looks just fine and he made a great pass on the Horcoff goal and created a fair number of chances on the PP.

I agree about Hemsky. We have to go back to trying to be a deep offensive team and I don't think you have to wait until Nichushkin comes back to do that.

Uncle Hulka

Aug 1, 2014
To be honest, after I saw the schedule last week, I was REALLY hoping Dallas would win against the Devils, since the second game in a back-to-back situation usually results in an ugly loss in the following match. Yay, they did that.
And, that said, not surprised at all with the result tonight, though it was pleasant to see them show some decent legs and guts. Last year they might've lost 6-2. Baby steps.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sens fan coming in questioning why you guys signed Lindback?

Nill has made a lot of smart moves (Seguin and Spezza trade), but i do question the signing of Lindback. Weren't there better backup goalies to sign?

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW

Nill has made a lot of smart moves (Seguin and Spezza trade), but i do question the signing of Lindback. Weren't there better backup goalies to sign?

Probably a combination of cap hit and the potential he has as a goalie.

Too bad he's done nothing but let softies in.

Uncle Hulka

Aug 1, 2014

It was a bad move, clearly. I guess they thought his problems could be corrected in short order. But, he's obviously a long term solution at best.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

We also signed Rynnas who we all thought was better in the pre-season but they inexplicably went with Lindback. I was hoping that Lindback's Tampa years were just a bad period but it's very obvious that he just sucks. I still cringe when I think of the pre-season game against Tampa when he came out to the blue line, passed the puck to a Bolts and gave away a goal into the empty net behind him. And yet for some reason after that they thought he'd be a great back-up. Not that Rynnas is guaranteed to be an amazing back-up but it's hard to imagine him being worse.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We also signed Rynnas who we all thought was better in the pre-season but they inexplicably went with Lindback. I was hoping that Lindback's Tampa years were just a bad period but it's very obvious that he just sucks. I still cringe when I think of the pre-season game against Tampa when he came out to the blue line, passed the puck to a Bolts and gave away a goal into the empty net behind him. And yet for some reason after that they thought he'd be a great back-up. Not that Rynnas is guaranteed to be an amazing back-up but it's hard to imagine him being worse.

Hopefully you guys waive him and call up Rynnas or any other goalie.

Any goalie would be better than Lindback imo.

Uncle Hulka

Aug 1, 2014
Would like him to score of some of the chances he's had but I really don't know how he's feeling with that shoulder and the lack of conditioning this summer.
I wasn't aware that he wasn't 100%.
Again, I don't hate the guy, and I like the way he battles (I was neutral on him despite not knowing about his health), just didn't see much hands from him other than the assist.

MetalGodAOD*

I wasn't aware that he wasn't 100%.
Again, I don't hate the guy, and I like the way he battles (I was neutral on him despite not knowing about his health), just didn't see much hands from him other than the assist.

Did you watch last year? He had some nice goals.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
Lindback was just so inconsistent throughout the whole game...

Defense on the other hand was consistent...consistently terrible that is lol.

On the bright side, Hemsky is starting to become noticable while the "TRIO" was ridiculously good as always.

I have a feeling that these three are going to be lethal throughout the whole season. Would love to see them together more often even after Val comes back to the line-up. They are too good to separate IMO. But again, don't want a "one-line" team...history repeates itself (Legion of Doom and CASH line).

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
I personally think Hemsky could be moved to the top line in place of Spezza and they wouldn't miss much of a beat. Hemsky is a quality passer with great vision and would be able to setup Seguin and Benn plenty as Spezza has.

Spezza will be able to be more productive on a second line with lesser players than Hemsky is able to. They can still keep Spezza on the first PP line. I'd like to see this now, even before Nichushkin is back. Nichushkin with Spezza when he's back.

Stargazer1111

Oct 19, 2014
Lindback is atrocious. The goals he let in last night were absolutely ridiculous. He just whiffed on half of them.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I personally think Hemsky could be moved to the top line in place of Spezza and they wouldn't miss much of a beat. Hemsky is a quality passer with great vision and would be able to setup Seguin and Benn plenty as Spezza has.

Spezza will be able to be more productive on a second line with lesser players than Hemsky is able to. They can still keep Spezza on the first PP line. I'd like to see this now, even before Nichushkin is back. Nichushkin with Spezza when he's back.

100% agreed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad