GDT: Game 79: The Final Battle: BRUINS @ Lightning: 7:42 pm ET NESN Plus, NBCSN, SN1, TVAS , 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I don't mind giving Holden a chance with Krug. They need to figure out what they will do with the Krug pairing. Last game they went to Krug and Miller. I think theyd prefer to find someone for Krug and keep the other two pairs as is.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
It is a different number on the dial. Same broadcast, same announcers, hell even the same team. You just have to punch in a different number on your remote and still see the game.
Maybe for you it is, it's 100% not for me.

I get long periods of play with just crowd noise, no announcers (not a bad thing), but also random picture drops with only sound, etc. It's only when it's on NESN+.

I know I'm not the only one with this issue.

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
McAvoy Will Return for Showdown with Tampa
"Excitement for sure," said McAvoy, who has missed the last 15 games. "Been a while, feels like it's been longer than it has. Four weeks of hard work, a lot of stuff behind the scenes to get back here. I feel really well and I'm excited to get back out there tonight."
McAvoy, who skated in his familiar place alongside Zdeno Chara on Boston's top pairing during Tuesday's morning skate, expects there to be a bit of a re-acclimation period.
"There really is nothing like game shape, no matter how much you do work off the ice, it takes a little bit to get back," said McAvoy. "I have been skating a lot and hoping that crossover back into game play isn't going to be too demanding. No reason not to be confident when I get out there tonight, just gonna try to play simple at first, couple quick shifts and ease my way back into it.
"There's not a guy on this team that I don't feel comfortable with out on the ice, I'll have everyone behind me. It's gonna be awesome and great to be back out there and play."
cut.jpg

Locker Room Raw: Charlie McAvoy

• 01:22 • 13 minutes ago
The 20-year-old blue liner will don a brace on his left knee, but does not anticipate the device hindering any part of his game.
"It's different. I've had about a week or so of skating and trying to get acclimated to the brace," he said. "There's a lot of guys on the team that use them and I'm sure it's the same around the league. Every single one of them will tell you that it's uncomfortable at first but then you get used to it and it's like it's not even there. It will be a process…it doesn't alter my skating in any way, feels good."

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
McQuaid has improved his skating and is better at it that people want to give him credit for. I'd rather have a solid defensive defenseman playing his natural side in instead of the guy management gave up a 3rd rounder for who hasn't lived up to expectations being forced in on the off-side.

McQuaid is a 3rd pair D who kills penalties well and plays a hard game. That's all they need him to be. And he has real experience in big games, something that is in short supply with this young team. Holden has not been good since he came over, but he's being forced into the lineup IMO because of the price paid and the fact that Cassidy isn't a big fan of McQuaid.

It is what it is. I think it's unfortunate, but there's certainly nothing to be done about it. Hope the boys get the 2 points tonight and continue to frustrate Tampa.

We aren't going to agree. I love what McQuaid brings and his skating has improved. But, he brings nothing in two of the three zones. Holden is a lesser version of Wideman, sure, and I'd rather have him in the press box, but I think against this team full of quick little midgets that like to play a high event game, sacrificing some brawn for some offense isn't crazy.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Maybe for you it is, it's 100% not for me.

I get long periods of play with just crowd noise, no announcers (not a bad thing), but also random picture drops with only sound, etc. It's only when it's on NESN+.

I know I'm not the only one with this issue.
Then that is your provider's issue, not NESN.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
ya baby Mc is back great to see,just maybe can lock 1st place with a win against the Bolts welcome back Charlie McAvoy

Orr2Neely8

Apr 15, 2010
Raynham
Bruins desparately need to get away from NESN, or at least not have their games overtaken by useless early regular season Red Sox games. Opening Day is one thing. A Tuesday night game against the worst franchise in the league is pathetic.
I was going to vent about this...but you beat me to it.....NESN is garbage !

Reactions: Bun Cook

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
FOR THOSE OUTSIDE OF NEW ENGLAND IN THE USA

BRUINS-LIGHTNING – TONIGHT AT 7:30 P.M. ON NBCSN
nbcs_logo_nhlnbc_800x4531.png

Boston (49-17-12, 110 pts) has recorded a point in nine straight games and sits two points ahead of the Lightning for the Atlantic Division/Eastern Conference lead with one game in hand. Brad Marchand leads the team with 84 points (34g/50a) in just 64 games this season. A win for Boston would all but secure the Atlantic Division and home-ice advantage throughout the Eastern Conference playoffs. The Bruins have won all three previous meetings this season.
Tampa Bay (52-23-4, 108 pts) is coming off as 4-1 loss to Nashville on Sunday, and has gone 4-6-0 in its last 10 games leading into the postseason. Nikita Kucherov currently ranks second in the NHL in points (97) behind Edmonton’s Connor McDavid (103 pts).

Gord Miller (play-by-play) and Brian Engblom (analyst) will call Bruins-Lightning from Amalie Arena in Tampa, Fla.

IN NEW ENGLAND ( EXCEPT FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CONNECTICUT )

NESN Channel Listings

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
considering how chippy this game is going to be, I AM a bit worried that there's no McQuaid...

That said, maybe Holden will help them ensure the win. I'm just worrying about cheapshots at this point, even though I don't necessarily think Tampa's a dirty team. I didn't expect the last game between these two teams to get so furious, penalties-wise.

If McQuaid and Krug struggled though, I can't help but be a bit nervous about Holden being with Krug.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
McAvoy Will Return for Showdown with Tampa
"Excitement for sure," said McAvoy, who has missed the last 15 games. "Been a while, feels like it's been longer than it has. Four weeks of hard work, a lot of stuff behind the scenes to get back here. I feel really well and I'm excited to get back out there tonight."
McAvoy, who skated in his familiar place alongside Zdeno Chara on Boston's top pairing during Tuesday's morning skate, expects there to be a bit of a re-acclimation period.
"There really is nothing like game shape, no matter how much you do work off the ice, it takes a little bit to get back," said McAvoy. "I have been skating a lot and hoping that crossover back into game play isn't going to be too demanding. No reason not to be confident when I get out there tonight, just gonna try to play simple at first, couple quick shifts and ease my way back into it.
"There's not a guy on this team that I don't feel comfortable with out on the ice, I'll have everyone behind me. It's gonna be awesome and great to be back out there and play."
cut.jpg

Locker Room Raw: Charlie McAvoy

• 01:22 • 13 minutes ago
The 20-year-old blue liner will don a brace on his left knee, but does not anticipate the device hindering any part of his game.
"It's different. I've had about a week or so of skating and trying to get acclimated to the brace," he said. "There's a lot of guys on the team that use them and I'm sure it's the same around the league. Every single one of them will tell you that it's uncomfortable at first but then you get used to it and it's like it's not even there. It will be a process…it doesn't alter my skating in any way, feels good."
Charlie’s got a nice sunburn across his nose and cheeks.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I would call him OK. I haven't been wowed yet.
The thing with Holden is this.....He is very talented. He is also a non chalant kind of guy. He plays at one tempo.......And it is not intensity based. Sometimes he lets his guard down and appears lazy, I dont think he is lazy either. I just think mentally he needs to be more intense. But he is smooth when on his game. He is not a top four.....But a fine 5-6 guy.

Reactions: Bruin1970

FREDERIC82FAN

Adherent of JOHNNY V fanclub
Oct 9, 2017
The fact that McQuaid is getting scratched for Holden bugs the hell out of me. Not only are you putting a LD on the right side, Holden hasn't been very good. Dollars to donuts he gets torched at least once tonight playing the off-side. I hope I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

I won't be much of a fan if I didn't respond to this post would I? No bets, but how about this?
I don't put a lot of stock in +/- stats, but for one game, lets see if he is a minus (not very good) Even( so so), Plus (OK) ? If he is minus I'll post that you are a good good judge of depth players

I also happen to think the world of Adam McQuaid
I'm a Maritimer. I remember when Doug MacLean (maritimer) drafted Adam MacQuaid ( maritimer) in the second round. Us Scottish Maritimers stand together where possible. When Doug was fired by Columbas , Adam then refused to sign with them. Just before the draft ,his rights were traded to Boston to my delight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad