GDT: Game 79: The Final Battle: BRUINS @ Lightning: 7:42 pm ET NESN Plus, NBCSN, SN1, TVAS , 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I think Tampa steps it up without Stamkos. It always seems to work that way. I remember that one play-off game vs the Caps that Backstrom was suspended and we lost.

Plus, not sure the Bruins will make it easy on us and salt the division away tonight.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Bruins steamroll the Bolts tonight. This team is out to prove something. They’re hungry. No chance Tampa doesn’t lose by less than 2-3 goals tonight.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I’m kind of worried for this game.

We get Charlie back but we are pretty weak in our bottom 6 forwards right now.

How well they do rides on how productive the top 6 are,

Hoping McAvoy hasn’t lost too much while out.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I got off work at 3

As Zolak would say I’m lubed up

Let’s go clinch that division baby

Beat these bums in regulation and 99.9% chance guaranteed us 1st

"Lubed up at 3?" Yikes, I live in Medford too. Please stay home (or at whatever pub you're at) until you're safe to travel, or take an Uber.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Tampa is going to come out flying tonight. I think Tampa gets out to a 2 goal lead only to watch Boston come back and win by a goal to leave Tampa completely and utterly psychologically damaged against us.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
"Lubed up at 3?" Yikes, I live in Medford too. Please stay home (or at whatever pub you're at) until you're safe to travel, or take an Uber.

Home for the night and don’t own a car, take public transportation or Uber everywhere

Have no fear Strafer

Reactions: Strafer

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Great to see Charlie back!

upload_2018-4-3_16-50-44.jpeg

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I love Down Goes Brown

Down Goes Brown: 10 types of games you see in NHL's final week

The matchup: This one is pretty much unique to this season. But it needs its own category, because the Bruins and Lightning are two of the five best teams in the league, and along with Predators/Jets and Penguins/Capitals, they represent one of the best possible matchups we could realistically see in the first two rounds. Also, they’re still fighting it out for top spot in the division, and they really don’t seem to like each other.
If only they played each other this week….

Possible example: Bruins at Lightning tonight. Well, lucky us.

How to watch it: Preferably without any Maple Leafs fans around, because right now they’re going, “Wait a second, we could totally beat either one of these teams,” while everyone nods like when a little kid says he’s going to be an astronaut someday.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Also, I can't believe that this team is playing the biggest game of the year tonight, essentially to determine the division, and it's bumped to the high school A/V channel that is NESN+, for Red Sox/Marlins. THE ****ING MARLINS.

Bruins desparately need to get away from NESN, or at least not have their games overtaken by useless early regular season Red Sox games. Opening Day is one thing. A Tuesday night game against the worst franchise in the league is pathetic.

I sympathize with this...but what’s the other option? NBC Sports Boston? They already have the Celtics, so they’d have to set up an NBCSB+ network, and we’d be pushed to the secondary network about 30% of the time.

I’ll certainly take my lumps and accept the Bruins being on NESN+ in October if the seasons happen to collide (they usually don’t). Yes, it’s annoying that a Red Sox interleague non-opening game is usurping the Bruins push for the Atlantic division...but it only happens once or twice a year.

Frankly, NESN should just drop this game and have NBCSN shown locally since they’re here anyway, but *kermit tea*

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Think Tampa comes out hard tonight. Seems too easy and un-Bruins like to end the season on an ideal, calm note. I am suspicious.

Thrilled McAvoy is back but keeping my expectations low for his first games back post injury.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
NESN just died for me mid commercial so I really hope this isn’t a precursor to tonight’s game on NESN+

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I have been giving my friend hell all day because I'm going to miss the game. We're going to watch TFC play a Mexican team in CONCACAF Champions League action tonight.......in the pouring rain. I'm recording it and I'll see if I can avoid checking the score in hopes of watching it later.

I hope Charlie Mac can jump back in and hold his own. I expect Tampa to throw the kitchen sink at the Bruins tonight, so our boys better be ready to match the intensity. Given the recent history between these two teams, I'm expecting a lot of chipiness.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Haggerty: B's looking to sweep the leg in Tampa as final hurdle

“I think our guys are aware of where we’re at. I still think it’s the next team up and it’s obviously Tampa, obviously better than a lot of the teams we play and we’re aware of that. We’ve got to be good. We’ve had some success against them this season because we’ve played the right way against them,” said Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy. “They’re very good offensively and if you allow them to freewheel and get chance after chance then they’re going to beat you.

“So we have to be mindful of that, disciplined so that we’re not killing penalties all night and I think that’s been a good formula for us.”

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

“I think our guys are aware of where we’re at. I still think it’s the next team up and it’s obviously Tampa, obviously better than a lot of the teams we play and we’re aware of that. We’ve got to be good. We’ve had some success against them this season because we’ve played the right way against them,” said Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy. “They’re very good offensively and if you allow them to freewheel and get chance after chance then they’re going to beat you.

“So we have to be mindful of that, disciplined so that we’re not killing penalties all night and I think that’s been a good formula for us.”

Haggerty. Stick to writing about...whatever it is you write about. For the good of us all. Please. :laugh:

Reactions: Iceage

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

My guess will be they will be killing the first two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad