GDT: Game 79: The Final Battle: BRUINS @ Lightning: 7:42 pm ET NESN Plus, NBCSN, SN1, TVAS , 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Holden hasn't run away with it by any means. But I agree with the call on him over McQuaid as far as tonight goes.

However, I do see the counter argument of those calling for Adam because they're facing that POS line of Kunitz-Conacher-Paquette again.

Please make it out of this one with ZERO injuries. Or for the rest of the season. That'd be wonderful.

Reactions: Strafer

FREDERIC82FAN

Adherent of JOHNNY V fanclub
Oct 9, 2017
Hey there BigBadBruin8 I am a slow typer. I hope you caught my reply to your post before it got buried. It is post 150

The fact that McQuaid is getting scratched for Holden bugs the hell out of me. Not only are you putting a LD on the right side, Holden hasn't been very good. Dollars to donuts he gets torched at least once tonight playing the off-side. I hope I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

I won't be much of a fan if I didn't respond to this post would I? No bets, but how about this?
I don't put a lot of stock in +/- stats, but for one game, lets see if he is a minus (not very good) Even( so so), Plus (OK) ? If he is minus I'll post that you are a good good judge of depth players

I also happen to think the world of Adam McQuaid
I'm a Maritimer. I remember when Doug MacLean (maritimer) drafted Adam MacQuaid ( maritimer) in the second round. Us Scottish Maritimers stand together where possible. When Doug was fired by Columbas , Adam then refused to sign with them. Just before the draft ,his rights were traded to Boston to my delight.

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
Very excited to see McAvoy back in action. Hopefully he gets into his groove relatively quickly in the next three games.

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
That was a damn good movie. IIRC the first one Spielberg ever directed.

Grand Theft Auto V has a side mission called "Duel" in which, when you steal this car called the Duke O' Death, all these 18-wheelers start chasing you and shooting at you. Outrun them and the Duke is yours the rest of the game. It's pretty hysterical, much like the whole game is.

Speaking of games, tonight is gonna be intense!! Soooo psyched to have McAvoy returning. Can' t wait until seven-freaking-forty!

Reactions: BMC

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Is there really a dude in here sporting a Nick Holden avy and user name? This place never disappoints.

Anyways...

No injuries, no injuries, no injuries.

Reactions: Mistah Ungah

FREDERIC82FAN

Adherent of JOHNNY V fanclub
Oct 9, 2017
Is there really a dude in here sporting a Nick Holden avy and user name? This place never disappoints.

I guess you missed this last time.

I’ve was a Bruin Fan before Bobby Orr arrived. I was a lurker when JEFF FROM MAINE posted here. I joined the board a while back simply to add LIKES to posts I agreed with. I guess Holden is the same kind of underdog that the Bruins of the early 60’s were. He is a great # 5 or 6. I saw so much uncalled for SH#T dumped on him I decided to be his fan. I get a lot of amusement reading posts here. For example, do some of you even watch the games? The left defenceman playing in zone coverage can only cover so many men or so much ice. Remember me every time one of the depth guys screw-up. I will still be cheering for them and the rest of the team.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Good on Cassidy for giving Quaider a night off. He has been playing hard and great. I hope the Bs can win tonight and then Cassidy can really start rotating some guys out for rest. Hopefully the good version of Holden shows up against TB.

Bruin1970

Feb 23, 2018
I call BS on Cooper. Winning one game out of 4 wouldn't make it any less evident that the Bruins are the better team.

Reactions: HOLDEN44FAN

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Tampa is a very, very good team. Otherwise they wouldn't have as many points as they have.

I mean, let's not just act like this is an unusual issue; Boston still can't beat Washington after all this time, for some reason, even if the B's have upgraded their team significantly as of late, they still struggle against Holtby and co. The 'why' of the situation is baffling.

To me, Tampa just has a Boston issue. They play the way Boston does against Washington. That's just my opinion of course

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I wonder if my bod would look like Andy's if I substituted my numerous sleeves of thin mints with granola or kale or whatever he eats.
There’s a possibility that it would but you would likely need to add stadium stair running and cycling to your workout routine just to be sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad