GDT: Game 79: The Final Battle: BRUINS @ Lightning: 7:42 pm ET NESN Plus, NBCSN, SN1, TVAS , 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The fact that McQuaid is getting scratched for Holden bugs the hell out of me. Not only are you putting a LD on the right side, Holden hasn't been very good. Dollars to donuts he gets torched at least once tonight playing the off-side. I hope I'm wrong.

I hear you, but Tampa is fast and quick and plays an uptempo game. Against an average team I want McQuaid in over Holden... but not against pure speed teams like Tampa or Toronto or Jersey.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
HUUUGE TILT for the boys tonight.

Need to solidify that top spot.

Go Bs!!!!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight's Officials

do13.jpg
tl21.jpg

Referees Dan O'Halloran (13), TJ Luxmore (21)
Linesmen Greg Devorski (54), Kory Nagy (97)

Ntl. Anthem Sonya Bryson

Reactions: Alicat

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
I hear you, but Tampa is fast and quick and plays an uptempo game. Against an average team I want McQuaid in over Holden... but not against pure speed teams like Tampa or Toronto or Jersey.

McQuaid has improved his skating and is better at it that people want to give him credit for. I'd rather have a solid defensive defenseman playing his natural side in instead of the guy management gave up a 3rd rounder for who hasn't lived up to expectations being forced in on the off-side.

McQuaid is a 3rd pair D who kills penalties well and plays a hard game. That's all they need him to be. And he has real experience in big games, something that is in short supply with this young team. Holden has not been good since he came over, but he's being forced into the lineup IMO because of the price paid and the fact that Cassidy isn't a big fan of McQuaid.

It is what it is. I think it's unfortunate, but there's certainly nothing to be done about it. Hope the boys get the 2 points tonight and continue to frustrate Tampa.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
I don't think Holden is a quick skater either.

I'd rather see McQuaid when they have the AHL loser Paquette.

Definitely another reason to have McQuaid in, he brings a presence to the team that Holden does not. This sets up to be the most physical game of the year tonight, I'd rather have McQuaid in for something like that than Holden.

BruinsDude

Jan 18, 2007
Whitman, Ma
So, the long story short is this: If the Bruins beat the Lightning on Tuesday, then the only way the Lightning can pass the Bruins in the standings is by winning their final two games while Boston loses its final three games in regulation, and by passing Boston in the ROW department.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Also, I can't believe that this team is playing the biggest game of the year tonight, essentially to determine the division, and it's bumped to the high school A/V channel that is NESN+, for Red Sox/Marlins. THE f***ING MARLINS.

Bruins desparately need to get away from NESN, or at least not have their games overtaken by useless early regular season Red Sox games. Opening Day is one thing. A Tuesday night game against the worst franchise in the league is pathetic.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Also, I can't believe that this team is playing the biggest game of the year tonight, essentially to determine the division, and it's bumped to the high school A/V channel that is NESN+, for Red Sox/Marlins. THE ****ING MARLINS.

Bruins desparately need to get away from NESN, or at least not have their games overtaken by useless early regular season Red Sox games. Opening Day is one thing. A Tuesday night game against the worst franchise in the league is pathetic.
It is a different number on the dial. Same broadcast, same announcers, hell even the same team. You just have to punch in a different number on your remote and still see the game.

Reactions: Seidenbergy

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Duel. I think you are right. I remember watching it on an old TV with bunny ear antennas late night many years ago. Been creeped out by truck drivers ever since. :laugh:

Hahaha yes that's when I saw it, very late at night. Missed the first 15-20 minutes so I never did figure out why the trucker wanted to kill Dennis Weaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->