Post-Game Talk: GAME 78 - BRUINS sweep the kitties back to the Everglades - BRUINS 3 Sunrise 2 F/OT

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
The easiest matchup for the Bruins is the Maple Leafs. They are not good defensively and the gap between Woll/Samsonov and Swayman/Ullmark is way too big to overcome. I think the Panthers are beatable as well. The Lightning is the kind of team that can get outshot 2-to-1 and still win because they have so many good shooters. Their first PP unit is just scary. The Bruins will need to stay out of the penalty box if they want to have a chance.
Oh that's why I originally posted maybe they can jump NY for the #1 seed and draw Philly/WSH/PIT.

The easiest matchup for the Bruins is the Maple Leafs. They are not good defensively and the gap between Woll/Samsonov and Swayman/Ullmark is way too big to overcome. I think the Panthers are beatable as well. The Lightning is the kind of team that can get outshot 2-to-1 and still win because they have so many good shooters. Their first PP unit is just scary. The Bruins will need to stay out of the penalty box if they want to have a chance.
Oh that's why I originally posted maybe they can jump NY for the #1 seed and draw Philly/WSH/PIT/DET

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
... so is simplifying your game. Last year they tried to stay complex and play a possession game that doesn't translate to playoff hockey. They sure look to be getting their playoff game ready this year though.
Bad coaching cost the B's last year in 1st round

..bringing Bergy back (not fully recovered and out of playoff game shape) when they were running on all cylinders up 3 games to 1 was a bad call ...and leaving an injured Ullmark in for games 5 and 6 when he was labouring, and slow to get up didn't help either

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

The Lightning lost to the Leafs last year, they are very beatable if you don't gift them PP's. Their D is thin after Hedman and Cernak and AV isn't the same goalie he was a few years ago, I like the Bruins chances against them. Furthermore the Leafs get to play and likely lose to Florida which is great for all us Bruin fans who live in Ontario.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
pink panther woozy.jpg

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Just got back from dinner….Burton’s in North Andover….top notch, BTW.

(A little embarrassed that the cute 25 y.o. waitress asked for my phone # right in front of my wife…..I guess it had something to do with their rewards program, but still…..😉).

Anyway, just watched the third and during their crappy pp I said to my wife…maybe try Boqvist….at least he can skate the puck into the zone….

As soon as I saw him get the puck in OT, I knew he’d score.

Great win!

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
fun game. after the past couple weeks the Bruins are clearly tough enough for the playoffs IMO...Not like fighting wise, but I think they can dish it as much as they take it. Not overly happy with Frederic's physical no show but it was for the most part a special teams game where alot of both teams bottom 6 didn't do all that much,

it would be Barbie vs Wolverine
Florida is fake tough, Lots of stickwork after the whistle. Lots of gloves to the face. They have a great forecheck but I don't think they are "tough". I do think both teams are on a collison course for round 2.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Go .500 in their last 4 games and we win the division, even if the Panthers win out. Don't think a single person on the planet had the bruins being in this position during the summer after losing all the talent we did.
A very wise person on here posted last year.....I said to my wife the Bruins will win the cup the year after 37 retires....

I wonder who it was.....go ahead, look it up..... I'll wait

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I love that the BRUINS are 8-0 against Panther Piss and Laffs, but, as most here already know, the regular season means Jack Shite. When half the league qualifies for the PO's, it's a money maker(god) but, in every other way it's a bad joke.

Whether the BRUINS go deep in the PO's or lose in the 1st round, I'll still praise them for another excellent regular season, far more successful than most 'experts' predicted they would be back before the season started.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
A very wise person on here posted last year.....I said to my wife the Bruins will win the cup the year after 37 retires....

I wonder who it was.....go ahead, look it up..... I'll wait
For this BRUINS team to win the SC, the 2 goalies will each have to ride a unicycle and spin plates at the same time for 16 games.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Hoping the Bruins can pass the Rangers, that way way either Toronto or Tampa Bay move over to the Metro and play the Rangers round 1, would be nice to get one of those teams out of the division for the playoffs. As for today's game, the Bruins played a solid game and deserved to win IMHO.

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad