Post-Game Talk: GAME 78 - BRUINS sweep the kitties back to the Everglades - BRUINS 3 Sunrise 2 F/OT

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Well, that was fun! Sure felt like playoff hockey:popcorn: the big W hug coming at us from the opposite direction:nod:
IMG_4508.jpeg
IMG_4511.jpeg
IMG_4512.jpeg
IMG_4516.jpeg
IMG_4515.jpeg
IMG_4514.jpeg
IMG_4518.jpeg
IMG_4519.jpeg
IMG_4521.jpeg

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
When I saw Boqvist and Debrusk out there in OT I thought to myself “do not love this grouping”.

Another friendly reminder that I know nothing.
Speed kills in 3 on 3 and I assume that is what Monty was thinking.

A lot of deja vu in that game but we didn't lose in OT. If we meet them in the playoffs I can see it all going wrong like last year but I can also see us scoring in game 5 and winning it all. It could go either way and a lot will depend on the refs PP and PK.

It seemed unlikely a while back, but maybe, just maybe, this team is actually more playoff suited than last year's wagon was. This was with no Brazzeau or Maroon either. Good to see guys like JVR being physical and as each game goes I'm starting to like Peeke more and more. That could end up being a total steal. Wotherspoon Peeke is a much better bottom pairing for the playoffs than we've had.

It was a damn good game.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Florida reminds me of the bully growing up. Real loud, but if you stand up for yourself you find out they can't fight and back right down

A Florida Toronto round 1 would be entertaining
They always have the thinnest skin
Hard work and great goaltending are the keys to going far in the playoffs
... so is simplifying your game. Last year they tried to stay complex and play a possession game that doesn't translate to playoff hockey. They sure look to be getting their playoff game ready this year though.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You can complain about the current playoff setup vs 1-8… but it has been successful in getting me to hate Florida, Tampa and Toronto and I didn’t really used to give much of a f*** about those teams.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Florida is very good combination of skill and grit but they have a rich kid punk mentality

Tampa is tougher and Uber skilled at top - they made nice pickups

Bruins are probably got a better chance against Tampa because they will be more honest and less BS

Tampa will have
Best Coach
Best player (two of top three with Kucherov & Point - Stamkos & Marchand a wash)
Best goalie
Best defenseman
Tougher
Best PP

But Bruins could still win I just wouldn’t be optimistic

McAvoy better than Hedman these days. Aside from that very accurate.

Reactions: lopey

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
TB is a good team but not nearly as good defensively as Florida.They are also heavily reliant on the PP. I like our chances against them as long as it dosen't turn into a penalty fest.
Definitely need to play 5x5

Bruins best path to me is Tampa and let Florida and Toronto go at it

If they get past first round then it’s access who’s the healthiest

Usually round 2 teams are not whole so who knows what the Bruins and either Toronto or Florida will look like (assuming Bruins won series against TB)

I’d expect 60-80% will take Tampa

Crazy but even a 1 seed in East I don’t see Bruins having a lot of pressure at least real fans who know the Tampa team now is different from the first half iteration that Vaz was recovering from back surgery

Go .500 in their last 4 games and we win the division, even if the Panthers win out. Don't think a single person on the planet had the bruins being in this position during the summer after losing all the talent we did.
I had them 98 points last year 115

Gotta start showing them more respect

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
McAvoy better than Hedman these days. Aside from that very accurate.
I love McAvoy but I’m kinda Pavlov dog trained they will hit him so much he will hurt that left shoulder again or something

He has got up slow a few times Last Month

Also I did watch Tampa today and Hedman had 3 assists and looked like Thor playing defense

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Florida is very good combination of skill and grit but they have a rich kid punk mentality

Tampa is tougher and Uber skilled at top - they made nice pickups

Bruins are probably got a better chance against Tampa because they will be more honest and less BS

Tampa will have
Best Coach
Best player (two of top three with Kucherov & Point - Stamkos & Marchand a wash)
Best goalie
Best defenseman
Tougher
Best PP

But Bruins could still win I just wouldn’t be optimistic
Just in from the game, reading the thread and your first line is classic.

So many entitled players on the Panthers who are so busy being pains and trying to pull dumb schoolyard crap they forget they also need to make scoring plays.

Its a team that is easy to dislike and in a seven game series the dislike will quickly turn to outright hate

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
That works too I suppose :laugh:

But i agree with what another poster said yesterday, I don't want the Leafs because I don't think my heart can handle it.

And that also requires me to be rooting for the toilet seats right now
The easiest matchup for the Bruins is the Maple Leafs. They are not good defensively and the gap between Woll/Samsonov and Swayman/Ullmark is way too big to overcome. I think the Panthers are beatable as well. The Lightning is the kind of team that can get outshot 2-to-1 and still win because they have so many good shooters. Their first PP unit is just scary. The Bruins will need to stay out of the penalty box if they want to have a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad