GDT: Game 73: Avs@Oilers| Sunday, 20 Mar, 19:30 MT | Monday, 21 Mar 08:30 BKK | Rantanen!!

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
wk5i.gif

Starting with McLeod and Skille...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They didn't want to put too much pressure on the kid so they'll start him on the 4th line, where it'll be nearly impossible for him to look good.

Hopefully he'll get moved up at some point tonight.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
The hell...

Sooo....

Landeskog - Soderberg - Matthias
Boedker - Mitchell - Iginla
Martinsen - ???? - Comeau
McLeod - Rantanen - Skille

Makes no friggin sense...

Looks like it will be different. According to Rick Sadowski:

Here's the projected lineup:

FORWARDS
Gabriel Landeskog - John Mitchell - Jarome Iginla
Mikkel Boedker - Mikhail Grigorenko - Blake Comeau
Shawn Matthias - Carl Soderberg - Andreas Martinsen
Cody McLeod - Mikko Rantanen - Jack Skille

DEFENSE
Francois Beauchemin - Erik Johnson
Nick Holden - Tyson Barrie
Chris Bigras - Andrew Bodnarchuk

GOALIES
Calvin Pickard
Semyon Varlamov

Mitchell on the first line? WHY Roy? WHY? I would prefer Arnason on the first line for this game instead of Mitchell

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
That's so frustrating. Seems like such an old school coaching mentality. Young players are running this league play him in the top 6 where he belongs and is projected to play.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
Don't mind Mikko starting with Skille since he's played well lately...but McLeod destroys any chance that line has at success. Why call up Rantanen if you're going to place him on the 4th line? Should have just gone with Everberg or Rendulic.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Blowing his ELC to play on the 4th line...

Looks like it will be different. According to Rick Sadowski:

Here's the projected lineup:

FORWARDS
Gabriel Landeskog - John Mitchell - Jarome Iginla
Mikkel Boedker - Mikhail Grigorenko - Blake Comeau
Shawn Matthias - Carl Soderberg - Andreas Martinsen
Cody McLeod - Mikko Rantanen - Jack Skille

DEFENSE
Francois Beauchemin - Erik Johnson
Nick Holden - Tyson Barrie
Chris Bigras - Andrew Bodnarchuk

GOALIES
Calvin Pickard
Semyon Varlamov

Mitchell on the first line? WHY Roy? WHY? I would prefer Arnason on the first line for this game instead of Mitchell

I'm with BOC here , idk if those are the right lines , but burning his ELC playing on the 4th line make no sense . I find it hard to believe that they didnt have any other players, insted of Rantanen , available in the AHL if they were looking for a 4th line guy .

outoftune

Nov 16, 2011
1000 Chopper Circle
Because it's his first game in the NHL since October and he's 19. It's how Roy does things. Look at Grigorenko.

I don't think we would have an issue in using him in a limited role.... Except why burn a year on him ELC when you could bring someone up who is better at that role from the A.... Just baffling

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I thought maybe with Duchene/MacKinnon out they might give Rantanen 13-15 mins with better linemates but this was probably the most likely outcome all along. I blame myself for getting excited.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't think we would have an issue in using him in a limited role.... Except why burn a year on him ELC when you could bring someone up who is better at that role from the A.... Just baffling

Playing him tonight isn't burning a year off his ELC. What are you talking about?

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
would have liked to see:

Matthias - Soderberg - Landeskog
Boedker - Grigorenko - Comeau
Martinsen - Rantanen - Iginla
McCleod - Mitchell - Skille

1/4 lines look okay. Thanks Patty!

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
That just makes no sense to me to bring him up for 4th line duty when you could just bring up Everberg or Rendulic for that. Also Mitchell on the top line instead of Soda is just ridiculous.

outoftune

Nov 16, 2011
1000 Chopper Circle
Playing him tonight isn't burning a year off his ELC. What are you talking about?

Dutchy and Mack are expected to be out for the 4 games it would take to use up his ELC so I am assuming he will be up for that time it seems odd to send him down before they get back but I guess its a possibility

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad