GDT: Game 73: Avs@Oilers| Sunday, 20 Mar, 19:30 MT | Monday, 21 Mar 08:30 BKK | Rantanen!!

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand

Return of Rantanen!!

View attachment 88651

Forward Lines
Landeskog - Soderberg - Matthias
Boedker - Rantanen - Comeau
Grigorenko - Mitchell - Iginla
McLeod - Skille - Martinsen

Defense Pairs
Beauchemin - Johnson
Holden - Barrie
Bigras - Bodnarchuk

Goalie
Calvin Pickard

View attachment 88653

Forward Lines
Patrick Maroon - Connor McDavid - Jordan Eberle
Taylor Hall - Leon Draisaitl - Iiro Pakarinen
Lauri Korpikoski - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Nail Yakupov
Matt Hendricks - Mark Letestu - Zack Kassian

Defensive Pairs
Andrej Sekera - Mark Fayne
Darnell Nurse - Adam Clendening
Jordan Oesterle - Griffin Reinhart

Goalie
Laurent Brossoit

Disclaimer: I have no idea what the lines actually will be.

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sucks with the injuries. But as someone wise once said:

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Really interested to see what they do with the lines.

I'm going to miss this one live but already have the DVR set. I really wish Zadorov was up too.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Fixed the date typo.

Lines are what someone suggested and looked reasonable to me. Maybe Edmonton media does us a favor and reports the lines from morning skate, but I would not count on it.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Landeskog - Soderberg - Rantanen
Boedker - Grigorenko - Iginla
Martinsen - Matthias - Comeau
McLeod - Mitchell - Skille

My personal hopes. Matthias has played center a lot, he's a logocal choice for 3C. The Scandinavian line at the top is too much to hope for, but I want it anyway.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
It's unfortunate Pickard was announced to start so early. I see this as one of those games that Varly could steal for us.

That being said it sucks but I'm kind of excited to see how the depth steps up with our 2 best players out. It's nice to see how much more depth we have added compared to last season.. though the defense is still awful.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's unfortunate Pickard was announced to start so early. I see this as one of those games that Varly could steal for us.

That being said it sucks but I'm kind of excited to see how the depth steps up with our 2 best players out. It's nice to see how much more depth we have added compared to last season.. though the defense is still awful.

Its not a good idea to tempt fate with Varly in Edmonton. Its a good thing Roy has recognized this has not gone well for him.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Oilers are playing well of late. I dont think its gonna matter whose in net for us its going to be a massacre. I pray it wont be doe because yah $400 down the toilet if so.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Varly and Rexall Place do not go well with one another. Varly looks like the second coming of Vitaly Kolesnik when he plays in Edmonton, it's awful to watch.

No Duchene, no MacKinnon, Barrie likely playing with some type of groin problem, sure would be mighty fine if Landeskog put the team on his shoulders and took over with Viking Mode to make up for his three game suspension. I felt like he would have a strong game regardless upon return but with Duchene and MacKinnon out, he probably feels a ton of pressure to lead the way.

Please, McDavid, take it easy on us. Also got to find a way to shut down Taylor Hall, he's got 25 points in 21 career games against us, his most against any team in the league.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Of course Rantanen is called up after I have my GDT duties completed.

Not like I had a GDT planned with him involved or anything.... :laugh:

Good GDT from you though as well. Interesting to see the lines that Roy comes up with.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
The lines should not change much, but it is Roy, so who knows? They should look like this:

Matthias - Soderberg - Landeskog
Grigorenko - Mitchell - Iginla
Boedker - Rantanen - Comeau
McLeod - Skille - Martinsen

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
fast line
Boeds Skille and Barrie..
big line
MArty SODA and MAthias
Smart line
Lando Iggi and Soda

Favorite line
Rants Lando and soda

not that we will see any of this, or ever see Barrie on OOO but
whatever. The boys know its on them, hope we go into productive team play both ways ... so different without Dutchii

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad