GDT: Game 73: Avs@Oilers| Sunday, 20 Mar, 19:30 MT | Monday, 21 Mar 08:30 BKK | Rantanen!!

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So what's up with Duchene and MacKinnon are they out for the rest of the season?

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
Oilers backup is playing tonight. Broisottl? Something like that.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Coming off a shutout, so I figured it was a safe bet.

Brossoit is starting, he still hasn't won a game in the NHL but its not because he's a bad goalie. His last game his biggest difficulty was challenging the shooter and getting to the top of his crease. I could see Iginla being able to beat him from his spot on the PP. He is a lot better than his record though and should be very motivated as he is playing for the backup position next year.

Also expect a physical game from the Oilers as they have a lot of players playing to stay on the team. They have been playing some of their best hockey of the season somehow with their D absolutely dismantled. That being said watch Osterle and Reinhart as they have played well as of late. You may also see Hall-Nuge-Drai tonight as Mclellan wants to see that for a few games down the stretch.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Brossoit is starting, he still hasn't won a game in the NHL but its not because he's a bad goalie. His last game his biggest difficulty was challenging the shooter and getting to the top of his crease. I could see Iginla being able to beat him from his spot on the PP. He is a lot better than his record though and should be very motivated as he is playing for the backup position next year.

Meh, he has good technical skills, but his mental game is still far behind the curve. Was really prone in letting weak deflating goals when I saw him in the dub.

But since I am saying this, he probably posts a solid 3-1 fourty-one save win.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Meh, he has good technical skills, but his mental game is still far behind the curve. Was really prone in letting weak deflating goals when I saw him in the dub.

But since I am saying this, he probably posts a solid 3-1 fourty-one save win.

I'd say it's quite the opposite now, his mental part of the game is probably his best attribute and his positioning needs work.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Oilers forward group just looks so stacked. The day that they finally click is going to be scary.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Oilers forward group just looks so stacked. The day that they finally click is going to be scary.

Wont happen. Bunch of them will get traded for D-men or lost to free agency once they hit their UFA years. They will be lucky to keep 4 of them.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Hey, its a night where the Avs have a game they should win -- even with the injured guys out...and the Wild have a game they should lose..... what could go wrong!

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
Can't wait to see Mikko tonight! I have never really seen any AHL games. So pumped!!

Let's go Avs!!!!!!!

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Hey, its a night where the Avs have a game they should win -- even with the injured guys out...and the Wild have a game they should lose..... what could go wrong!

I dont think so honestly.

This is a game we should by all accounts lose IMO. On the road against a team that has a lot of young star players who are still trying to prove themselves to the organization.

Any team that loses its #1 AND #2 Centers are gonna be way behind the 8 ball. And that's the spot the Avs unfortunately find themselves in right now.

This is a game that given all the circumstances, would be a loss for us. However, we'll see if the boys can find a way to win a game of such importance even being down 2 of our most valuable players.

Landy back is huge. He's gonna have to carry this team pretty much tonight. If he and Sods and Rants are on a line that line will have to do all of the heavy lifting.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I have to say though, its impressive that amount of depth this team has this year compared to even just last year.

If we lost Mack and Duchene last year, we would basically be done. We'd have next to nothing left on the roster in terms of forwards. Landy and ROR that's pretty much it.

Different story though this year. Even without those 2 we have another capable Top 6 Center in Soderberg, we've got Boedker and Grigorenko still, we've got Landy and now we have Rantanen.

We can still ice a decent Top 6 and a good 3rd line still, even without our Top 2 Centers.

I really hope Rantanen plays well enough that he forces his way onto the lineup past the potential 3 game cap. We could have an impressively deep group of forwards if we kept him up in our Top 9 the rest of the season and potentially into the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad