GDT: Game 73: Avs@Oilers| Sunday, 20 Mar, 19:30 MT | Monday, 21 Mar 08:30 BKK | Rantanen!!

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'll take a stab at that for next year,

Grigorenko - MacK - Boedker
Matthias - Rantanen - Duchene
Landeskog - Soderberg - Comeau
McLeod - Mitchell - Iginla

Can't believe you left out Greg
Crap! I knew I was missing somebody. I would be ok with your lines. I might switch Comeau and Matthias. Matthias-Soda and Landy were absolutely fantastic together.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I think Nurse will be a damn good dman. Its ok to admit it guys. You wont get your Av card pulled or anything.
Thats the advantage these bottom dwellers have. They can do this baptism by fire with their young guys and they can learn on the job and screw up and no one will care that much.

Rants has a shaky game and you guys are bringing out the Siskel and Ebert routine.
giphy.gif

I doubt it. He won't be bad but he doesn't have the hockey brain to be a solid 1st pairing guy.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nurse has had his struggles but that's expected from a 21 year old who is playing 20 mins/gm on the worst team in the league. He has shown flashes of what he can become but he's inconsistent and still learning right now. I actually didn't like him too much going into the draft based on the very little I saw but I think he has improved quite a bit since. I've thought of him as a 3/4 if he reaches his potential and nothing I've seen has changed that. Going the AHL route might have been better for his development but I don't have a big issue with him learning in the NHL.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Nurse reminds me of Hamilton, and EJ before them. Every physical tool you could ask for, you just need it all to congeal. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They did? meh whatever. Still should have done it.

I believe they wanted one of Hall/Nugent-Hopkins/Yakupov instead of the 7th overall pick.

Of course hindsight is 20/20 but at the time, Yakupov had just come off of leading the Oilers' in goals as a rookie, Hall finished 9th in the league in scoring as a 21 year old, and Nugent-Hopkins was their only centre worth anything. It's easy to see why they didn't make a deal at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad