GDT: Game 73: Avs@Oilers| Sunday, 20 Mar, 19:30 MT | Monday, 21 Mar 08:30 BKK | Rantanen!!

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
well we have 3 more ROW than minny with 9 games left so losing the tiebreaker would take something pretty impressive if it comes down to that

I'd still like to be a lot more than one point up though

At this point I'm pretty sure that if we end up losing that tiebreaker, we'll also have less points than Minnesota.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We did what was required. Hell of a job guys.

At the end of the day we still control our own fate right now. If we can maintain this 1 point advantage over the Wild and then beat them on Saturday, we'll have ourselves a nice 3 point cushion with only 7 games to go and only 6 for the Wild remaining.

Also, all though its still a longshot. NSH now sits just 5 ahead of us as well and we still play them once. Another loss or two from them and all of a sudden they creep back into the picture a little bit.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
A couple of Oilers fans on their board saying we're just going to get stomped in the first round of the playoffs if we make it. It's probably true but it's funny coming from fans of a team that haven't seen playoff hockey in a decade lol.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Not the best game for Rantanen if we are expecting him to be ready to contribute in a top 6 role as soon as next season. I know the talent is there, will be interesting to see how he progresses when he gets off the 4th line. I have to wonder how this team would do without Boedker and Rants in his stead.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Nice win overall

So.... Not really impressed with Rantanen though. He fumbled the puck a lot, fell down a lot, and lost his coverage on a goal against.

It was not like he had the puck and was moving it with the play dying at wing. I'm not sure I was impressed with a single thing he did with the puck when he got it.

That was clearly not the same type of game all of you who watch him regularly are used to seeing.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
A couple of Oilers fans on their board saying we're just going to get stomped in the first round of the playoffs if we make it. It's probably true but it's funny coming from fans of a team that haven't seen playoff hockey in a decade lol.

The oilers would trade half their players if they could get swept in the playoffs.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013

Rather be eliminated first round than be the laughing stock of the NHL.

member 116861

Good stuff all around. Was Bodnarchuk benched after the Oilers goal?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nice win overall

So.... Not really impressed with Rantanen though. He fumbled the puck a lot, fell down a lot, and lost his coverage on a goal against.

It was not like he had the puck and was moving it with the play dying at wing. I'm not sure I was impressed with a single thing he did with the puck when he got it.

That was clearly not the same type of game all of you who watch him regularly are used to seeing.

Tough to blame him for not also covering the man on the backdoor, while he's throwing himself in front of the shooter.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Nice win overall

He played like 8 minutes with Skille/McLeod and had zero powerplay time. He had a few mistakes but you couldn't expect to see what people have been seeing down in the AHL in that kinda situation. Until he's put with capable linemates and gets some PP time I don't really expect to see much. Best case is his first 7 games where he didn't make enough mistakes to be noticed unlike tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad