GDT: Game 72: Red Wings at caps 7:00 pm et 3/26/24 (ESPN+, HULU)

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Yeah the effort has been much better but I don't see the winning enough to get in the wildcard spot after the 7-game skid.

'They're gonna need other teams screwing up in a big way and helping them out.
Yeah the effort is there more for sure but they are still in the skid in my opinion, who have they beat? Sabres? Not gonna get praise from me for that, then it's the Jackets who they had to score late to tie it up against and last the five game losing streak Islanders.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Washington won

Philly got a point too

Detroit lost

It’s not over yet, but the fat lady is on stage waiting

Devils won too and are now just 4 pts back of the Wings, i would watch out for them now that they have some better goaltending

Reactions: 13to40

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
Well, that kinda feels like it? Not that it's really out of the playoffs yet. But the run they would have to go on doesn't seem realistic. Next four Canes, Panthers, Lightning and Rangers.

It really doesn't. I would have loved the two, but seriously, no, I feel no differently about their chances of making the playoffs after this game than I did before this game.

I feel like Washington runs out of gas and we pass them late. And if that doesn't happen, I think Philly runs out of gas and we pass them.

It would be a lot less heartburn to have just not won a single game in 7 to knock ourselves down, but I really don't believe for a second we're out.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
The boys have to start winning on the road if they want to make the playoffs. They have six left. My feeling they need 7 points at least. Ozzie figures 7-3-1 in the last eleven games may get them in.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He is definitely the best of the three. Dude I'm drunk and depressed. Leave me alone lol.

yeah, I get that.

Honestly the last couple losses would be easier to take had they not looked like a scared beer league team with Larkin out of the lineup.

I feel like the Wings have gotten some of the Lions mojo in terms of torturing fans. They go on a win streak and we feel like they're almost certainly going to make the playoffs, then they manage to shit the bed to erase all that, and now it's sphincter-puckering hockey til the end.

torture.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
You will be here.
I'll stick to my word, we win the next 4, I'm never posting here again

(then out of nowhere you'll see some random user named ReDwInGzZzZ from Canada, who is overly emotional during games, and gets overly excited and joyful when the team is winning, but starts ripping into the team and having a hissy fit when they lose...and I'll just pretend its not me with a new account)

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
The boys have to start winning on the road if they want to make the playoffs. They have six left. My feeling they need 7 points at least. Ozzie figures 7-3-1 in the last eleven games may get them in.
They're not getting in...I'd just assume see them lose badly for the remainder of this road trip so I don't get any (more) false hope...This season has toyed with us fans.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Oh yes. Everything good that's happened this year was the players. Everything bad was the coach.
I never said that. The players have been up and down all season. But in several instances of the PLAYERS giving up multiple goals, the COACH never bothered to call a timeout to settle things down. That's a pretty clear delineation of blame to both parties.

If you think one or more players should hit the road, I'm perfectly willing to have that discussion. But my question was, what has Lalonde done to save his spot?

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
I’m at surprising to me how it seems like to me he looked oblivious though. Righty or lefty.

The pass was awful. That's not on Seider at all. Had Seider corralled the pass, it would have been a miraculous play. He had no reason to believe it would be such a god awful pass.

7-3-1 definitely gets them in. Philly and Washington aren't getting a heater like that. Not likely Detroit does either to be honest.

I feel like this all comes down to the last game and we're just playing musical chairs until then.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
I did, seemed like a standard pass from the corner most any NHL players could make.

And that’s why I said sometimes for ghost. When he’s bad he’s BADDD, but will occasionally string together some great (offensive) games that help us win like he did early in the season.

Petry, at his best, is just kind of there and at his worst he’s just as bad as Ghost.

And yeah, Seider has been brutal these past 15 games or so. Really starting to question if he’s really our future franchise D

But Petry's the one that jumped into the play, made himself available for the pass, and made the pass back to DeBrincat under pressure. Half our team isn't capable of that.

That one play doesn't erase everything else, I'm just saying I thought he played pretty well tonight minus one or two gaffes. And he keeps Holl out of the lineup. That alone is something.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
And watch them go and win those 4 games
They will lose all 4. Guaranteed.
You might want to watch the replay of the Debrincat goal.

i'm not the biggest Petry fan but I don't see how he played significantly worse than Seider tonight.

And ghost was brutal tonight.
Petry made a great play and we scored. Seider screwed up and they tied 2-2. Do those people watch games or they just read posts here?
lol

if they win the next 4 games, I'll delete my HF account and never post here again
I bet my house they will lose all 4.
I did, seemed like a standard pass from the corner most any NHL players could make.

And that’s why I said sometimes for ghost. When he’s bad he’s BADDD, but will occasionally string together some great (offensive) games that help us win like he did early in the season.

Petry, at his best, is just kind of there and at his worst he’s just as bad as Ghost.

And yeah, Seider has been brutal these past 15 games or so. Really starting to question if he’s really our future franchise D
Seider has not been brutal in 15 games, but that mistake cost us the game
He is definitely the best of the three. Dude, I'm drunk and depressed. Leave me alone lol.
Does a hug help?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
They will lose all 4. Guaranteed.

Petry made a great play and we scored. Seider screwed up and they tied 2-2. Do those people watch games or they just read posts here?

I bet my house they will lose all 4.

Seider has not been brutal in 15 games, but that mistake cost us the game

Does a hug help?
you bet your house they lose the next 4? we have a deal.

Reactions: 14ari13

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
I never said that. The players have been up and down all season. But in several instances of the PLAYERS giving up multiple goals, the COACH never bothered to call a timeout to settle things down. That's a pretty clear delineation of blame to both parties.

If you think one or more players should hit the road, I'm perfectly willing to have that discussion. But my question was, what has Lalonde done to save his spot?

I just don't see him getting canned after two seasons. The power play is 10th in the league. The PK is 14th. Wings are 8th in Goals For. They have a positive goal differential.

It's frustrating to see a team go on a skid like that and him not seeming to have a lot of ideas. It just don't think he's on the hotseat yet.

And I would LOVE to see him use a timeout to settle the friggin team down.

The pass was awful. That's not on Seider at all. Had Seider corralled the pass, it would have been a miraculous play. He had no reason to believe it would be such a god awful pass.

Agreed. DeBrincat probably needed to make a saucer pass and have it much further ahead since Seider's a rightie. Not an easy pass but would've at least been aiming at the right spot instead of ripping it into his feet.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
you bet your house they lose the next 4? we have a deal.
They will lose all 4.
You said they will win all 4?

Sprong vs DeBrincat and Fabbri
DeBrincat made the turnover and they scored their 1st goal. He also made the turnover and they scored their gwg. The season is over. We can't make playoffs. We will lose next 4.
Fabbri had many great chances, did not score. Sprong would have get a hat trick from those chances.
Lalonde is brutal. If Yzerman is smart, he has to get rid of him asap.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I just don't see him getting canned after two seasons. The power play is 10th in the league. The PK is 14th. Wings are 8th in Goals For. They have a positive goal differential.

It's frustrating to see a team go on a skid like that and him not seeming to have a lot of ideas. It just don't think he's on the hotseat yet.

And I would LOVE to see him use a timeout to settle the friggin team down.

Agreed. DeBrincat probably needed to make a saucer pass and have it much further ahead since Seider's a rightie. Not an easy pass but would've at least been aiming at the right spot instead of ripping it into his feet.
I want him gone asap. He is terrible

Reactions: FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
They will lose all 4.
You said they will win all 4?

Sprong vs DeBrincat and Fabbri
DeBrincat made the turnover and they scored their 1st goal. He also made the turnover and they scored their gwg. The season is over. We can't make playoffs. We will lose next 4.
Fabbri had many great chances, did not score. Sprong would have get a hat trick from those chances.
Lalonde is brutal. If Yzerman is smart, he has to get rid of him asap.
I've been harping about Newsie throughout most of this season...

Reactions: 14ari13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad