GDT: Game 72: Red Wings at caps 7:00 pm et 3/26/24 (ESPN+, HULU)

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
This is all just @Gniwder fuel.
emperor-palpatine-star-wars-hehe-funny-smile-lih13s36x905ajp8.gif

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
All team deal with injuries and Larkin was not out for too long.
We are a team with very little true center depth. It has been like this for a long time. Larkin has an out-sized impact on this team. Yes we have been relatively healthy this season, but Larkin is the one player we absolutely could not afford to have hurt. Deep down everyone knows that.

Oh, and with this roster you absolutely should have both Cat and Fabbri in the lineup. That is one of the worst takes I have read all season (which is saying a ton).

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
And here I was under the impression having Edvinsson in the lineup would fix everything.

Any update on Walman? Is he dead??

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown

"Just a faceoff man-on-man, I don't know what our center (Copp) was thinking," Lalonde said. "He lost it clean and left the center and that's the guy (Strome) who banged it home. That's minor hockey, that's Hockey 101, that's hockey 15 years ago and hockey 15 years from now.

"Just really disappointed in that one."
If he demotes Copp to the 4th line next game, I'll be impressed by Lalonde. I know we're not loaded with 2nd line centers but accountability matters.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
If he demotes Copp to the 4th line next game, I'll be impressed by Lalonde. I know we're not loaded with 2nd line centers but accountability matters.
I don't think Copp is a problem, at least not as much as DeBrincat and Fabbri. I think those 2 have 4 goals in their last 39 games combined, they cost us 12M and DeBrincat is a turnover machine. He cost us 2 goals while Fabbri wasted several glorious chances last night. And it is not one game, as I mentioned they have 4 goals in 39 games, it is half a season and costs 12 M.
We had our full roster last night, even Edvidson who was supposed to be our best defenceman after Seider, yet we lost to a team who traded away their players at the deadline.

This was a big game for this team as the next 4 look like guaranteed losses.

Reactions: FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I don't think Copp is a problem, at least not as much as DeBrincat and Fabbri. I think those 2 have 4 goals in their last 39 games combined, they cost us 12M and DeBrincat is a turnover machine. He cost us 2 goals while Fabbri wasted several glorious chances last night. And it is not one game, as I mentioned they have 4 goals in 39 games, it is half a season and costs 12 M.
We had our full roster last night, even Edvidson who was supposed to be our best defenceman after Seider, yet we lost to a team who traded away their players at the deadline.

WATCH OUT - I'M ON A ROLL!

1711562242331.png

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Not sure which I enjoy more...The old school Caps jersey, or Al Iafrate's 'skullet'...

View attachment 842306

I'm more of a Gartner fan since he stopped by my jr high school to play floor hockey with us. He commented on how much tougher it was than ice hockey because you had to run instead of gliding.

(In reality, Al Jensen and Garts both played goalie and they basically flung the ball across the gym at each other with cheap plastic sticks. Being kids we were amazed. I don't think anyone scored, Al Jensen is better than Reimer)

Reactions: FMichael

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Caps fan here. Hey, we're trying to tank here. WTH is wrong with your team? I don't remember seeing a slide like this in all my years of watching professional sports. I'm not so mad at the Caps as I am disgusted with the Detroit Red Wings. Your players should be denied their salaries. They should be sent to the front lines of one of the current global wars. Maybe that will wake them up.

Cr*p. My stupid team is going to make it in as the last wildcard and be bounced out in the first round. And then they'll have to settle for a low draft pick. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh will somehow luck into getting a franchise player. Again.

And its all the Red Wings fault!

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Caps fan here. Hey, we're trying to tank here. WTH is wrong with your team? I don't remember seeing a slide like this in all my years of watching professional sports. I'm not so mad at the Caps as I am disgusted with the Detroit Red Wings. Your players should be denied their salaries. They should be sent to the front lines of one of the current global wars. Maybe that will wake them up.

Cr*p. My stupid team is going to make it in as the last wildcard and be bounced out in the first round. And then they'll have to settle for a low draft pick. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh will somehow luck into getting a franchise player. Again.

Are you sure your GM and coach want to tank?

I think our coach made some bad decisions.
Lyon is 0-9 in his last 9 games, while Reimer is 7-2 and 6-1 in his last 7. He started Lyon.
He also plays DeBrincat and Fabbri who have 4 goals combined in their last 39 games, while sitting the player who is the best point producer per icetime on the team and one of the best in the league.

Your post is hilarious, though I don't know if intended.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown

Man, can you imagine how Tortorella would deal with Debrincat? :DD

Poor guy would be asking for a trade back to Ottawa.

Fabbri should be done after this year. He's outperformed his trade value but he's too expendable and injury prone.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Man, can you imagine how Tortorella would deal with Debrincat? :DD

Poor guy would be asking for a trade back to Ottawa.

Fabbri should be done after this year. He's outperformed his trade value but he's too expendable and injury prone.
Can we borrow Tortorella just for an hour?

I didn't know there were several threads about DeBrincat on the main board.

Fabbri was great for us, but this season he is easily the worst player on the team. Worse than Holl.

DeBrincat got us Kane, so that is his best contribution.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
The team would have made the playoffs if Larkin didn't get injured twice. I said before the season started that Larkin has to stay healthy for the team to make the playoffs.

To me it's funny how the whole freakin team is sick, didn't they learn anything from the pandemic? Time to find new team doctors.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is your a multi millionaire professional athlete, how are either your organization or yourself not gonna get a flu shot every year?

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
The thing that doesn't make sense to me is your a multi millionaire professional athlete, how are either your organization or yourself not gonna get a flu shot every year?
Flu shot or not - people still get sick and can pass it on to family, friends, and colleagues…This is by far the least of my dismay concerning this team.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Are you sure your GM and coach want to tank?

I think our coach made some bad decisions.
Lyon is 0-9 in his last 9 games, while Reimer is 7-2 and 6-1 in his last 7. He started Lyon.
He also plays DeBrincat and Fabbri who have 4 goals combined in their last 39 games, while sitting the player who is the best point producer per icetime on the team and one of the best in the league.

Your post is hilarious, though I don't know if intended.

I can guarantee that Ted doesn't want the team to tank. He's all about the money, even if it's just one playoff series. Ted's milking Ovy for every last bit of fan attendance. Once Ovy gets the record and retires, Ted probably green lights the tank and rebuild so he can get his new cash cow. And his buddy Gary will gladly give him the #1OA generational talent.

Chris needs to learn to kiss ass like Ted, read this shit:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Edit: I just looked it up and it is top 10 protected

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I can guarantee that Ted doesn't want the team to tank. He's all about the money, even if it's just one playoff series. Ted's milking Ovy for every last bit of fan attendance. Once Ovy gets the record and retires, Ted probably green lights the tank and rebuild so he can get his new cash cow. And his buddy Gary will gladly give him the #1OA generational talent.

Chris needs to learn to kiss ass like Ted, read this shit:
I don't see the problem. Ovechkin is probably the best goalscorer of all time, so why not?
But what's wrong with Ovechkin? Last night he could have had a breakaway he went offside. Was he tired, injured, fat and can't move? It was very strange.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't see the problem. Ovechkin is probably the best goalscorer of all time, so why not?
But what's wrong with Ovechkin? Last night he could have had a breakaway he went offside. Was he tired, injured, fat and can't move? It was very strange.
No idea, I actually missed the game because I was busy. Haven't watched many Caps games this season either because I've been mainly watching the Red Wings. I figure all dumpster fires look pretty much the same, lol.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
No idea, I actually missed the game because I was busy. Haven't watched many Caps games this season either because I've been mainly watching the Red Wings. I figure all dumpster fires look pretty much the same, lol.
He got the puck at our blue line, it could be him alone vs our goalkeeper or 2 on 1. He put himself offside. I have never seen abdelkader do something remotely so bad and stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad