GDT: Game 72: Red Wings at caps 7:00 pm et 3/26/24 (ESPN+, HULU)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (63).png

Screenshot (64).png

Another Huge Game! Lyon is in net. Let's Go Boys!
Perron-Larkin-Raymond
DeBrincat-Compher-Kane
Rasmussen-Copp-Fischer
Fabbri-Czarnik-Veleno
Berggren-Sprong (extras)
Seven defensemen rotating.
Petry is not practicing.
Lyon/Reimer/Husso

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Sprong not in is braindead. How does someone like Perron get spoon fed prime minutes when he continues to play awful while someone who does more with far worse minutes and linemates continues to get shafted

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Sprong not in is braindead. How does someone like Perron get spoon fed prime minutes when he continues to play awful while someone who does more with far worse minutes and linemates continues to get shafted
This late in the season looking in from the outside you don't worry about getting your 4th line on an even role. You can easily doubleshift a guy like Ray, Larks, DBC, Compher, Copp, Ras etc.

Sprong is a difference maker on the PP. Without him that 2nd unit is just a time killer. You can play him on the PP and exlcusive ozone starts if needed and even or down.

Defensive zone put in any of the guys above. This is leave is on the floor season. If your top line players need to hit 25 min and Seider pulls in 28 so be it.

Especially in road games where its a lot harder to get the matchup you want.

Reactions: Konnan511

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
perron plays defense(kinda) perron plays hard on the boards. both things sprong cant do. thats why he gets the better minutes. more to the game than just shooting boys.
Sprong plays ~20% less minutes with far worse linemates and he's still out producing Perron. I don't know why we're acting like Perron is some great defensive forward (he's not). Sprong's defensive deficiencies are extremely exaggerated regardless.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
This late in the season looking in from the outside you don't worry about getting your 4th line on an even role. You can easily doubleshift a guy like Ray, Larks, DBC, Compher, Copp, Ras etc.

Sprong is a difference maker on the PP. Without him that 2nd unit is just a time killer. You can play him on the PP and exlcusive ozone starts if needed and even or down.

Defensive zone put in any of the guys above. This is leave is on the floor season. If your top line players need to hit 25 min and Seider pulls in 28 so be it.

Especially in road games where its a lot harder to get the matchup you want.
Sprong is a difference maker in general. And it's not like I'm saying he should be in over some prime two way first liner. It's a 35 year old David Perron

Reactions: RedHawkDown

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
you guys are forgetting that Perron is a key locker room guy

as an A he was a very important part of the Wings awe inspiring performance while Larkin was out so you can see why the Wings can't afford to scratch him or even reduce his minutes

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Am I going to be able to watch this game delayed or is this some stupid situation where I pay for ESPN+ but won't be able to watch it when I get home?

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Perron is a good locker room guy. An emotional leader on the ice too.

The difference of offensive output I would say you have an argument between the two.

On the defensive side of the game, Perron is more reliable.

I don’t think either of them should be on the first line though. I know the Ras/Fischer combo has been lethal, but I like having a bigger body to fight for the pucks along the boards for the smaller Larkin/Raymond.

Also, would much rather have Veleno centre Kane and Cat. I can’t stand Compher. He’s like an EA Sports bot on the ice 90% of the time. At least Veleno adds a bit of bite.

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
Perron almost reminds me of Lapointe in a way only without the snarl and the timely goals. Really just that he takes bad penalties. I loved Marty lol.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Also, would much rather have Veleno centre Kane and Cat. I can’t stand Compher. He’s like an EA Sports bot on the ice 90% of the time. At least Veleno adds a bit of bite.
Veleno hasn't registered a point in the month of March. This is not a defense of Compher, who has 2, but Veleno doesn't do much.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Am I going to be able to watch this game delayed or is this some stupid situation where I pay for ESPN+ but won't be able to watch it when I get home?
I'm in California and I get out of work when Wings games start typically and have no issues watching games. Most of the time I just start the Wings feed from the beginning, fast forward through commercials and I'm live for the 3rd period. ESPN+ has been great for me

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I'm in California and I get out of work when Wings games start typically and have no issues watching games. Most of the time I just start the Wings feed from the beginning, fast forward through commercials and I'm live for the 3rd period. ESPN+ has been great for me
And it has been great for me too when Bally Sports Detroit carries the game.

I've just been burned so many times that I assume if it says the game is carried by anything other than Bally Sports Detroit, that I'll be cussing about why do I even pay money to not be able to see a ton of games. I've been hurt.... THAT'S NOT HOW THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE!!

<assumes fetal position in a dark corner>

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Veleno hasn't registered a point in the month of March. This is not a defense of Compher, who has 2, but Veleno doesn't do much.
I think Veleno brings more to the table than just points though. Can play in a checking role and he seems to generate more offense than Compher. I’m sure somebody into analytics can confirm or deny that for me.

Compher I think is a really good skater, just don’t like to engage in contact. Always seems too passive. If this guy shot the puck a few times more a game I think he could be real good.

But otherwise yes, both players are currently black holes offensively, just another reason in my opinion to change them up in the line up.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
Hopefully Larkin is over the flu and none of the other Wings have it. Would love to see the Wings win both meeting ls against the Caps. Gotta get more shots on the opposing net.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
And it has been great for me too when Bally Sports Detroit carries the game.

I've just been burned so many times that I assume if it says the game is carried by anything other than Bally Sports Detroit, that I'll be cussing about why do I even pay money to not be able to see a ton of games. I've been hurt.... THAT'S NOT HOW THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE!!

<assumes fetal position in a dark corner>
strength-strength-and-honor.gif

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
after getting shut out, youd think Sprong would be back in the lineup. Say what you want about his 2 way game, Sprong can put the puck in the net
You'd think ,especially after assigning Berggren back down. But if this isn't the definition of a must win game I don't know what is.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
You'd think ,especially after assigning Berggren back down. But if this isn't the definition of a must win game I don't know what is.
I'm at the point where I really don't care too much anymore about this season...So many ups and downs...With the garbage patch it would be fitting to end this season like a dumpster fire.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm at the point where I really don't care too much anymore about this season...So many ups and downs...With the garbage patch it would be fitting to end this season like a dumpster fire.
While I'm still hoping they can squeak into the playoffs, there's a handful of positive things I'm already taking from this season:
- Raymond taking a step
- Seider showing more physicality
- Edvinsson getting games (and looking ok)
- Larkin playing very well when healthy
- Kane being a good addition
- Cossa, Kasper, and Danielson all progressing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad