Post-Game Talk: Game 72 - B's lose in OT but WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!! - Blues 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
Forgive me if I'm wrong, I missed almost the entire game because of work, but it looked like Killer did nothing after that Krejci hit? I mentioned this a few games ago, to no response, but I'm not sure he can fight anymore, because of his shoulder injuries, etc? Anyone else hear anything about this? I thought I read about it sometime ago..

Reactions: Strafer

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-3-21_22-50-9.png

Reactions: Ladyfan

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'm to the point where it's kind of aggravating that Gallant has practically been handed the trophy. I mean, I get it... But Cassidy has been impressive and I'm leaning toward even more so than Gallant.

Vegas started with a lot of talent. It's not like it's some misfit team of 3rd-4th liners and bottom pairing defenseman. Also, starting with a Stanley Cup winning goaltender helps.

Reactions: Bruinaura

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The Blues were playing as hard as they possibly could because they are desperate to make it into the playoffs. The Bs were missing a whole host of star players and other key players. I don't think some folks realize how much it affects the D when you have so may guys playing above where they are supposed to play. Krug and McAvoy out alone affects so much in all three zones. Those are two great puck movers. Missing the best defender and captain makes it tough in the D zone. Dobby played his heart out. He made several ridiculous saves that were phenomenal. That last goal he was totally shielded because Gryz simply made a really poor play and allowed the Blue to use him to shield Dobby's line of sight. Getting a point tonight on the road with all the circumstances at play is fine. It's crazy to think how much talent is missing, yet the team is still competitive and getting points.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Things happen. We're in the playoffs. Nobody thought we'd be this good. Nobody expected this. We continue to grind it out and be in it despite the injuries. Learning experiences for the young guys too.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’ll take a point out of any game the Bruins don’t have Bergeron, McAvoy, Nash, Krug, Chara, DeBrusk, Backes.

I was getting a little worked up because I thought St Louis was taking some liberties and putting a little extra on their hits to an already injury depleted line up. I just wanted to see more of a “don’t f*** with us” attitude after the Krejci hit, but they kind of just died out.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Cassidy deserves serious Jack Adams consideration. Getting anything out of these games vs teams that have to have these points is impressive. Results.
I would vote for him. Everyone says Gallant has it in the bag but any coach that can lose this many top players and still win games deserves the award. This is the sign of a good coach.

I hope we Get Krug back Friday because this team missed him.

Team needs all the other wounded but given they all stayed in Boston I figure Krug is all we can hope for.

Hope Krejci is okay. Schenn should get a call with DOPS but I won’t hold my breath.

Dobby was good. Miller was good. Nice to see Donato get a goal and this game was probably a good experience for him,

Bruins are playoff bound!

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I seriously doubt the Blues even win this game if the proper call was made on the Krejci head check. Five minute PP and the Blues have to play without a top 3 forward for half the game.

I don't disagree, but hen again, the Bruins' lone goal was a freaky bounce off the referee's butt, so it might be a wash in the end.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
I don't mind losing a point to a good team, but I'm really pissed these a****** referees and their double standards.

Reactions: Ladyfan

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
To the poster who asked earlier what was wrong with the goals.

Schwartz has a good shot, but Doby got beat twice on wrist shots from the top of the circles. NHL goalies should stop those shots. The second goal was worse after I saw the replay.

Other than that he was great.

I read here all the time about how Rask was great in a game and kept the B’s in it, but should have stopped a couple.

I can’t say that about Doby?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Great point. Was that ugly to watch.
Thanks to dobby for getting that point.

4th line gives up alot of goals though.

Still incredible we are getting points with this lineup.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I can't believe how ****ing miserable some people here are.

They're missing Bergeron, Chara, McAvoy, Krug, Backes, DeBrusk and Nash. It's amazing they didn't get run out of the building

Agreed... sad to say some fans dont deserve this team if thats their capacity to be supportive

But...

I still tell them the bandwagon is now taking on jumpers. Theres a hell of a good chance we will be celebrating in june. The good seats are going quick

Really should try to get on board now if you want to feel part of the party at the end of this ride

The team has earnt our support with one hell of a good season to date and the best yet to come

Reactions: Jdavidev and lopey

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Forgive me if I'm wrong, I missed almost the entire game because of work, but it looked like Killer did nothing after that Krejci hit? I mentioned this a few games ago, to no response, but I'm not sure he can fight anymore, because of his shoulder injuries, etc? Anyone else hear anything about this? I thought I read about it sometime ago..

The other thing to think about is understanding the game situation. With 3 of the team's top 4 D in the press box (or in Boston), Killer *needs* to be on the ice. You might be able to sacrifice a 4th line forward for five minutes, but taking him off the ice for five minutes would be critical.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I just want our team healthy for the playoffs, amazed we're doing better than most healthy teams with many significant pieces out.

f*** Schenn.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
To the poster who asked earlier what was wrong with the goals.

Schwartz has a good shot, but Doby got beat twice on wrist shots from the top of the circles. NHL goalies should stop those shots. The second goal was worse after I saw the replay.

Other than that he was great.

I read here all the time about how Rask was great in a game and kept the B’s in it, but should have stopped a couple.

I can’t say that about Doby?

I yhought he shouldve had both. But he made that huge save at the end to secure a point.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Got girlfriend drive me home from bar when it hit me.Jeremy Jacobs is in bed with Bettman and has his Cup in 2011 and hall of fame induction and makes millions with Gary .Nothing is going to change.Bruins will be the bad Bruins everyone hates like a bad tv show and us fans will still pay to watch this crap.Playing us like a fiddle.That Krecji hit should of been 5 and a game..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad