Post-Game Talk: Game 72 - B's lose in OT but WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!! - Blues 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-3-21_22-48-48.png

upload_2018-3-21_22-47-22.png

upload_2018-3-21_22-39-5.png

:bruins:blues

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Congrats St. Louis.

You barely beat the Providence Bruins and you're still not making the playoffs.

But guess who is?!?!

Playoff hockey is BACK IN BOSTON!

LFG

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
B’s missing:

Bergeron, Nash, Backes, DeBrusk

Chara, McAvoy, Krug

That’s 40% of their starting lineup.

And the B’s has their backup in.

And STL needed 3 on 3 OT to win.

Let that sink in.

I seriously doubt the Blues even win this game if the proper call was made on the Krejci head check. Five minute PP and the Blues have to play without a top 3 forward for half the game.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Rebound with a 6-1 trouncing of the Stars, baby!

For all I care, avoid injuries the rest of the way. Passing Tampa would be great, but you have to like our chances against Toronto, especially with home-ice advantage. We’ve played near-dominant hockey at times down half a team (mostly the top half at that). Leafs shouldn’t catch us unless we fall through completely. Not worried.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I can't believe how ****ing miserable some people here are
Honestly! With the players that this team is missing I find it hard to believe they are staying competitive with anyone let alone desperate teams who are clawing to make the playoffs. Good Christ they're missing their top three defenseman and three of their top six forwards. What other team in the league could be competitive with those type of players out? My take from these recent games? When this team is healthy the only team I see even close to them is Nashville.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I happy overall. The Bruins playing without a bunch of regulars but not just anybody regulars,your talking NHL superstars their missing and their still battling to the Bone. Really missed Krug tonight big time. It showed in the OT where Grizz just didn't have the Chemistry with Marchand and Nash. Everyone get healthy!!!!

Go Bruins!!!

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
12 games without Bergeron they've lost 2 in regulation.

I don't know if people are trying really hard to appear objective or if they actually believe some of the things they say about this team. They're damn good. Teams should be more afraid of matching up with us than we should be of matching up with them.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruins basically got 2 4th lines out there

Gionta is tired you can tell

Huge hole at the D end

Dobby played out of his mind tonight to grab the team the point

Reactions: Thrive

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Not at all unhappy tonight, even with coming out with an OTL. Stayed within 2 games of Tampa and are now 7 points ahead of TML for home ice.

Carlo looked better than he has in a long time. Kevan Miller wore an "A" and looked like he owned it - he was tremendous. The B's were putting practically an AHL lineup on the ice and managed to take a point from a desperate St. Louis team.

St. Louis is a better team than its record and it's desperate for points. Went through a very rough patch in the middle of the season when Jake Allen got the yips, but this is a good, heavy, deep team with a fantastic defense.

Khudobin was good when he had to be. He was screened by Gryz on the OT goal and Schwartz had too much time to pick his corner on the first one.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Cassidy deserves serious Jack Adams consideration. Getting anything out of these games vs teams that have to have these points is impressive. Results.
I'm to the point where it's kind of aggravating that Gallant has practically been handed the trophy. I mean, I get it... But Cassidy has been impressive and I'm leaning toward even more so than Gallant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad