Post-Game Talk: Game 72 - B's lose in OT but WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!! - Blues 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Forgive me if I'm wrong, I missed almost the entire game because of work, but it looked like Killer did nothing after that Krejci hit? I mentioned this a few games ago, to no response, but I'm not sure he can fight anymore, because of his shoulder injuries, etc? Anyone else hear anything about this? I thought I read about it sometime ago..

They are playing with no Chara, McAvoy or Krug.

No time to take yourself out of the game for an extended period.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
At this point I don't really care if we lose most games till the playoffs, the roster were icing is not an accurate representation of the level we're capable of. Just rest guys up and get healthy, hopefully have everyone back with 2 games left in the regular season.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
That is impressive.

Although, I’d like to see the face off numbers. Those can’t be pretty :laugh:
They suck.

I think the poor face off percentages have led to the higher goals against.

Reactions: JCRO

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I was starting to settle down and then I had to listen to Roenick justify that blatant head shot on Krejci.

Krejci did not duck his head.

Krejci did not change the plane of his head.

Schenn hit him square in the ****ing head and got only a minor penalty.

What am I missing here?

Schenn wears Blue and Gold (or yellow).

Reactions: Strafer

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I have no reason to believe there’s a suspension for it. I want to be wrong, because I’d love to see the Blues crash and burn.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I was starting to settle down and then I had to listen to Roenick justify that blatant head shot on Krejci.

What am I missing here?

Nothing. Shouldve been 5 min easy.
He should get a game for that. He left his feet and made direct head contact

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

What am I missing here?
About a quart of hair gel and a healthy dose of stupid (if you want to think like JR)

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
That is impressive.

Although, I’d like to see the face off numbers. Those can’t be pretty :laugh:
I think it's fair to say they miss him there :laugh:
Screenshot_20180321-215619-1480x720.png

Reactions: JCRO

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I yhought he shouldve had both. But he made that huge save at the end to secure a point.

Absolutely.

He doesn’t stop that and STL wins in regulation. However, it doesn’t change the fact that I thought he should have stopped the ones that went in.

Doby made a few nice saves, but neither team put on an offensive display.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Got girlfriend drive me home from bar when it hit me.Jeremy Jacobs is in bed with Bettman and has his Cup in 2011 and hall of fame induction and makes millions with Gary .Nothing is going to change.Bruins will be the bad Bruins everyone hates like a bad tv show and us fans will still pay to watch this crap.Playing us like a fiddle.That Krecji hit should of been 5 and a game..

A few things that amaze me with this post.

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
I really can't put into words how frustrating it is when the Bruin's just needlessly and lazily give up the puck in OT. I'm really glad they don't have 3 on 3 in the playoffs cuz the B's pretty much suck at it most of the time. Big picture, though, it's really impressive how the B's compete, night in and night out, depleted roster be damned.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Overall a great night. Bruins are in the playoffs and Montreal is eliminated from the playoffs! :popcorn:

GREAT Job by Dobie!!
And Molson continues to shower confidence and praise onto Bergevin in his confirming that he will stay on as GM beyond this season. I really like the direction Montreal is headed. Great trajectory!

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I really can't put into words how frustrating it is when the Bruin's just needlessly and lazily give up the puck in OT. I'm really glad they don't have 3 on 3 in the playoffs cuz the B's pretty much suck at it most of the time. Big picture, though, it's really impressive how the B's compete, night in and night out, depleted roster be damned.

This bothers me as well. They try to play 3v3 like it's 5v5. You need to keep hold of the puck at all costs and only shoot when you have a huge scoring chance. They leave a lot of points on the table by not figuring it out.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN

The whole OT sequence didn't make a lot of sense. Marchand looked like he thought he was offside, so he took the puck back into the neutral zone. It seemed to throw them out of sync, a pass to nobody results, and once you give up possession in 3v3, it's difficult to get back (cf: Monday's game, where the B's seemed to be chasing the puck for the last 2 minutes of OT).

That said, not much to find fault with in this game, but the OT sequence just seemed discombobulated.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10

What am I missing here?

I wish someone was there to compare it to one of the two recent Backes hits.

Ever see the alligator video? Roenick's not all there. I expect better from Jones but I don't trust him when it comes to Flyers players or recent Flyers players.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
To the poster who asked earlier what was wrong with the goals.

Schwartz has a good shot, but Doby got beat twice on wrist shots from the top of the circles. NHL goalies should stop those shots. The second goal was worse after I saw the replay.

Other than that he was great.

I read here all the time about how Rask was great in a game and kept the B’s in it, but should have stopped a couple.

I can’t say that about Doby?
With all due respect, No. Swartz is in full flight coming to the hash marks with two defenders sticks in the lane. Pretty sure one of them even tipped the puck. Hard shot to the corner that he just missed with the blocker. Second goal same thing Swartz comes in with a ton of speed with Griz backing in on khudobin and screening him for the shot to the far corner. If you are going to call those two goals weak, you may as well just say every goalie should stop every shot.

Last edited:

brantfordbruin

May 13, 2015

What am I missing here?
And he thrusted upwards with both feet leaving the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad