Post-Game Talk: Game 72 - B's lose in OT but WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!! - Blues 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Wow. Same he got for repeatedly cross checking Brock Nelson who was prone on the ice.

Repeat offender status didn't matter in this case.

Bortuzzo is a clown. His fight card has tough opponents on it, but he hasn't been the same since Jordan Tootoo beat him up twice in the same period.

Wow I didn't realize that, so the 2nd time he's used his stick as a weapon because he lost his cool.

Blues' Robert Bortuzzo fined for cross-checking Islanders' Nelson - Sportsnet.ca

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Yup. On the whole, I’d rather have a healthy Krejci than a suspended Schenn. He better freakin be healthy.

Krejci should have stayed down on the ice and gone into the quiet room....we see how other players act like they've been shot at times. I don't like it but I think they need to do it in cases like this. Krejci could have a concussion, what happened to the protocol? So many hits to the noggin and I can't remember the last time I saw a player leave the bench.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
You'd think so, I mean the first fine was a warning, then he does it again so logically that should be a suspension?

Backes zero history of anything? Iffy hit? 3 Games.

Schenn history and suspended twice for charging? drills Krejci with a headshot? 0 games

Bortuzzo fined before for crosschecking players in the face/head? cross-checks Szwarz in the face? fined.

Amateur hour.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Backes zero history of anything? Iffy hit? 3 Games.

Schenn history and suspended twice for charging? drills Krejci with a headshot? 0 games

Bortuzzo fined before for crosschecking players in the face/head? cross-checks Szwarz in the face? fined.

Amateur hour.

if there is no injury its pretty obvious no suspension unless youre Marchand.
Id rather Krejci be not injured than to have him injured and see Schenn get 2/3 games.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The more that this crap goes on this season with bruins players being targeted with headshot after headshot and never any discipline, while our players can breathe on someone and get 3 games, I'm really starting to think that it isn't just inconsistency and incompetence from the DoPS, but that there legitimately is a double-standard, and that George Parros is a fat turd.

Reactions: Scruffy

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I said this in response to one of the most recent failures by DOPS (Backes, maybe), but this season has made it so that I no longer question whether or not I'm just being a homer when I look at these things.

IMO, there is a clear and certain double standard when it comes to the Bruins, both through on ice officiating and supplemental discipline.

If it's done TO a Bruin, every possible contortion of the facts, rules or logic is applied, in order to give the offender the benefit of the doubt.

If it is done BY a Bruin, any possible justification or explanation or alternative theory is summarily discounted in order to give them the harshest possible punishment.
Excellent Post !

Bluesfan1

Let's go Blues
Mar 22, 2018
Kansas
As a diehard Blues fan I felt Schenn should have recieved a suspension hedrove up and left his feet. Would it hurt our chances at making the playoffs? Yes but right is right. I hope your player is ok. If the Blues dont make it Ill be rooting for the Bs this year. I hate Marshand (sorry spelling popos)which really means I wish he were a Blue. I am a huge Backes fan on and off the ice. Dudes a standup guy. Plus Bruin fans are great. They know the game and are as diehard as our Blues fans. And no Im not a new bandwagon fan Ive liked the Bruins for a long time they just arent my favorite team. I hope to meet up with ya in the finals. Hopefully your team heals up. Go get em congrats for the playoff berth oh and Lets go Blues

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I dont wish blues ill... i dont even wish schenn ill. I do want to keep players safe. Seeing our list of walking wounded is tough to take

Unnessary dangerous hits to the head have to be penalized. I accepted it when it was our guys being suspended but its getting ridiculous when we get getting headshotted with no consequences

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Is that Krug at the end with a .....man bun?? :confused:

It's krug, but a man bun has more of a...bun

That's more of a samurai pony tail. Which makes sense if you have a flow like krug but need to play soccer ball hackie sack with some of the world's most elite athletes

Honestly the Bruins could probably win the FIFA World Cup too. Change my mind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad