Post-Game Talk: GAME 72 - 2022-2023 ATLANTIC DIVISION CHAMPS - DON'T POKE THE BEAR

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Carolina doesn’t scare me as much with their injuries and lackluster deadline. I hope they bully the shit out of them and send a message
I’m the opposite, Carolina matches up real well and has had the advantage recently. It’s all about matchups.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
@Blowfish from GDT

"From what you can see what's your awesome view ... what's your take on Orlov, Hatheway, Bert? are the mixing well on the guys? Bench talk, team talk etc...?"

I LOVE Orlov and have since the first day he was in Boston. He is a smaller guy than I thought he would be, but he plays large. What an excellent addition to the team. I love all of the funny faces he makes during the games.

Hathaway , I never liked him but....He is growing on me and a nice add to the Bs.

Bert, I wasn't sure about him either but he is starting to fit in and I like him.

They seem to be fitting in well on the ice and bench. Time will tell.

Good Job by Don S.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Bieska saying tampa bay won’t be afraid of bruins if they met in second round. He truly stil butt sore from 2011 lol

I don’t know. Lost their best forward and goaltender an issue. I’m more worried about rangers. They have a goalie

Who cares what Bieska or any of these Canadian media types say, all they care about is the Canadian teams, probably only watch the odd Bruins game.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Taylor Jeannut plays 645 for the lightning. Lowest ice time of all bolts. Had 6 pms. Very non impactful game for a player who cost them a 1 2,3,4and a 5th.

It will be fun watching him and the Buffoon run around trying to damage the leafs though

• Love
Reactions: Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
John Cooper gave Monty a couple of free lessons for the playoffs here: if your PP is ineffective then opponents will feel more comfortable about taking liberties, roughing you up and committing infractions, because the risks of it hurting you on the scoreboard are low and worth it. Yes the Bs did get one greasy PP goal, but it really wasn't enough given their opportunities and the shorty just cancelled it out. Watching the Bruins on the man advantage is almost physically painful at the moment with how awful it looks most of the time. Cooper saw a useful means of allowing his team to impose themselves on the game and took it, and he likely won't be the only one.

Secondly, the Bolts provided a pretty good template for one of the types of contest the Bruins are likely to see more of in the postseason - physical, strongly contesting the neutral zone, defenders taking on forwards as they cross the blue line and looking to play the body and knock them down, throwing lots of pucks into the paint at the other end. Tampa these days lack the offense and the speed to really take advantage of their ability to wear down opponents, but the methodology is still pretty good and will be noted by other coaches.

For all that, the Bruins stood up well and earned a narrow but strong win. Their depth came through again - 4th line in particular was excellent, defense was consistent with no 'weak link' pairs, PK was great as usual and Ullmark was Ullmark. No backward steps, the team just kept its nose to the grindstone and worked their way on top even if it didn't translate into a big advantage on the scoreboard. There are issues that need work, e.g. the top 6 needs to find a way to be more effective in getting inside and creating more good scoring opportunities in these tight-checking games, but the consistency of effort combined with the quality of defense/netminding continues to make Boston an incredibly hard team to beat, even when not playing their best.

Good stuff, on to an even tougher opponent in Carolina.

Last edited:

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
We have one extra forward and one extra D right now and they’re apparently saving their call ups so makes sense.
And Sweeney is a genius for not mortgaging the future for this train which has once again derailed:
545D2BD0-6FFB-46D6-8720-E8A22CD3A985.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad