Post-Game Talk: GAME 72 - 2022-2023 ATLANTIC DIVISION CHAMPS - DON'T POKE THE BEAR

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
So...Leaf fans think Gary and Jacob's are in on some deal that we have to get off "easy" and get a bunch of pp's

Its the Colin Campbell conspiracy from 2011 all over again folks :laugh:
Yep, it never went away. Rake it all up Leafs, they are good at that.

Reactions: Mione134

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Another example of Tampa trying to act tough but they don't have it anymore in the scoring department as depth is not what it used to be.

The refs continue to bow and turn blind eye to their stupid ass play,clutching grabbing cheap shots.
Nothing new there
+1... for once their GM made a blunder imo

Jeannot has a nice low pay salary (2 more seasons)

But you cant tell me... you rather not have Orlov and GH in the lineup

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
A toast.
ted-the-bear-bar-tending.gif

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
PK and Ullmark won this one for the Bs. To hold TB 0/5 on the PP, including a 5 on 3 is very difficult. Bs desperately need to fix the PP, whatever it takes. Think outside the box, get input from someone other than the PP coach, do something.

Fourth line was massive in this win. Lauko and Hathaway are complete Warriors. Bert and Jake did many good things this game. I thought both of those guys came up big despite not scoring goals.

Hope Pasta gets his 50th soon. Tired of Bs passing up good shots in order to get the puck to Pasta when it's not the best option.

f*** TB. Love beating them about as much as any team. 6 wins in a row. Point gap keeps growing. Keep it rolling!
B’s can beat you in a number of ways, which is really good because they haven’t been on their game for a while now.

Imagine if they figure it out again and start firing on all cylinders?
056E826F-76A6-4D19-B59D-F13C733F0342.jpeg

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I just read their out of town thread and they think Debrusk is dirty....lmao! They are still upset over Kadri concussing Debrusk I guess. :loony:

Don't you see? It's Jake's fault for getting concussed in the first place. Kadri was just trying to give him a hug obviously.

• Haha
Reactions: caz16

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Don't you see? It's Jake's fault for getting concussed in the first place. Kadri was just trying to give him a hug obviously.
It is true they think it is Jake's fault - I worked with Leafs fans and they always blamed him. I am not kidding!

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Clearly Tampa tried to make this an old fashioned statement game and if we had a decent PP we could and should have buried them, but we held up and beat them anyway. Hathaway's value pretty obvious for this. I'm in the Lauko fan club now. I can see him being a full time 3rd liner next season (assuming Bergeron and Krejci retire).
Ullmark good, PK good, D good, solid team win.

The PP is a concern though. If we could fix it, this team would be unstoppable.

As an aside, I think maybe Tampa was less concerned with winning this game than getting in our heads. They wanted to rough us up and make us think physical come playoffs and then they'll hit us with speed and offense in that game and get the jump on us. Old style coaching tactic. Doubt the Bruins fall for it. Glad nobody fought Jeannot though. We don't have that guy any more and he's a beast that can hurt people. In the end, we came out just fine.

Hopefully Leafs and Tampa destroy each other and the winner of that limps into Boston for a quick exit.

PastaBaked

May 8, 2021
Gutsy win, this type of game will serve the Bruins well to get ready for playoff hockey, I think the TB approach showed their desperation, their acknowledgement that in a standard 5 v 5 they some way behind the Bruins, so they went out of their way to disrupt that from the beginning.

I would happily transfer Greers cross check to the mouth against the Habs and have him give the fat goon Maroon the business instead.

Hathaway had a great game, I assume he's out-weighed sunstantially by Maroon - plus the fat guy got the jump on him, but he hung in there despite that.

Under-rated part of his game - for a pest he has a decent eye for goal and gets into the dirty areas.

Another team-forging experience for this team.

People just might have to accept that we have a mediocre PP and a world beating PK and settle for being the best 5v5 team too. Tough times, I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad